Hallelujah!!!! NFL Lead Lawyer (Scumbag) in Deflategate Jeff Pash Gets Taken Down!!!

Shmessy

Reaction score
Now, for other reasons, Pash is about to get stomped and fired - - but to this Pats fan, its interesting ollusion with the exec of another team during the NFL "investigation:

"......The pair discussed some of the league’s most sensitive issues where Pash had a key role. In a 2015 discussion, when Tom Brady and the New England Patriots were accused of violating NFL rules by deflating footballs, Allen suggested the referees and umpires should be able to control the balls and ensure they are legal. Pash, in his reply, said it would be a lot to ask to tell small differences in air pressure just by feel.

“Seems to me that it would be easier if the teams just refrained from tampering with the balls after the ref approves them,” Pash wrote....."

For anyone who forgot who Jeff Pash is and what he did during Deflategate - - - this bastard is about to burn!!!!!!

BOSTON (CBS) — Even though Robert Kraft dropped his fight with the NFL back in May, the Patriots’ Wells Report in Context site remained live. It also continued to be updated.

ESPN’s Mike Reiss shared a link to a recent update to the site. It is an email thread between Robyn Glaser, the Patriots’ general counsel, and Jeff Pash, the NFL’s executive VP and general counsel.

It begins with the team’s VP of media relations, Stacey James, sending an email to NFL spokesperson Greg Aiello just before midnight on Feb. 18. This was the day that ESPN’s Kelly Naqi reported that Jim McNally “tried to introduce an unapproved special teams football into last month’s AFC Championship Game.”

The story cited four sources familiar with the investigation, and given that the information looked very bad for the Patriots, it’s fair to surmise that the information was leaked from members of the NFL.

At that point, the Patriots were already frustrated because the league took no steps to correct Chris Mortensen’s false report about 11 of 12 footballs being a full 2 PSI under the allowable limit.

“What is unconscionable to me is that the league holds data that could very well exonerate us from any wrongdoing and completely dismiss the rampant reports and allegations of nefarious actions, but the league refuses to provide the data,” James wrote to Aiello.

The next morning, Glaser forwarded the email to Pash and reiterated the concerns.

“We want to reiterate, unambiguously and as resoundingly as possible, our request that the selective leaks of information and misinformation (which persist despite our repeated requested for you to address them aggressively), failure to correct obviously misreported information … be included in the scope of the independent investigation being conducted by [Ted] Wells and his team,” Glaser wrote. “With this latest example of inappropriate and damaging actions by League employees, we don’t see how you can once again refuse our request.”

Glaser then demanded that the league set the record straight on the false report from Naqi by the end of the day.

“In the meantime,” Glaser warned, “rest assured that as the League’s actions/refusal to take action continue to permanently and irreparably tarnish our brand, we are considering all options for redress that may be available to us.”

Pash then denied the NFL’s involvement with any of the leaks, to which Glaser replied by stating the obvious: “these leaks would only come from the League office as it would not serve anyone else’s purposes.”

“We have cooperated fully and expediently with Attorney Wells and are now seriously starting to question whether we should do that while our public image and brand continues to be unnecessarily and irreparably tarnished by the League,” Glaser wrote, adding that the McNally report showed a “callous disregard” for his and his family’s privacy.

Pash then addressed the request for the league to correct Mortensen’s false story — the same report which thrust “DeflateGate” into the national spotlight, leading national newscasts and cable networks and dominating the country’s news cycle.

“I have doubts that piecemeal disclosures are likely to accomplish much,” Pash stated. “If anything, I would think they are likely to prompt additional questions, additional stories, and additional irresponsible speculation and commentary.”

“Once the investigation is completed and the facts are known, any incorrect reporting will be shown for what it is,” Pash said.

(The Wells report was not released until May 6 — 77 days later, long after public opinion had been shaped based on the false information. It did not mention inaccurate reporting, nor did it mention anybody within the league office who may have leaked the information.)

To this, Glaser did not respond kindly. Glaser characterized Pash as “disingenuous” and called upon Pash to “step up.”

“Jeff, you need to step up,” Glaser wrote. “I can’t tell you the number of times you’ve told me that you and your office work for us member clubs. It has been made resoundingly clear to us that your words are just a front. They have no substance at all. If you worked for us, you would have already released today a statement to the effect of, ESPN, you’ve got it wrong.”

Glaser continued: “I would appreciate it if you would please tell me everything you are doing, and will continue to do, to stop leaks from occurring. This is information we do not have. We know of not one thing you are doing internally to investigate the sources of the leaks and/or curtail them. We do know that the one thing we’ve asked you to do — include the League leaks as part of the scope of the Wells investigation — has been rejected by you. So do you blame us for wondering just what the heck you mean when you say ‘I will continue to do what I can to stop leaks from occurring’?”

These strong words were not received positively by Pash.

“I work for the Patriots, as well as for 31 other clubs and the Commissioner,” Pash wrote. “Sometimes that creates tension, as it apparently has here.”

Pash opted to end communications rather than respond point-by-point to the “personal and accusatory” note.

The note from Glaser to Pash may have indeed been personal and accusatory. But it was also right. This week, the NFLPA wrote in its court filing that “the purportedly independent Wells Report was edited by Pash, the NFL’s General Counsel, before its public release.” So clearly, things were far from on the level, and that goes all the way back to mid-February.

Last edited:
So let that sink in for a monent, everybody:

The top NFL Legal Counsel who stiff armed Patriots lawyer Robyn Glaser when she correctly requested that the NFL offices STOP leaking to the press during the the Deflategate investigation in the summer of 2015.......was at the same time sharing info with a competing team's front office about the investigation!!!!!

Bob Kraft has every right to go midieval on the NFL offices (of course, he won't, however).

"......The NFL Players Association claimed it was fundamentally unfair the league denied the testimony of NFL executive vice president and general counsel Jeff Pash during arbitration because it publicly declared him as the co-lead investigator in Ted Wells’ Deflategate investigation. Pash also was allowed to review a draft of the Wells Report before it was published.

That denial was enough to add Judge Berman to the list of people who question Wells’ independence in the investigation.

“Denied the opportunity to examine Pash at the arbitral hearing, Brady was prejudiced,” Judge Berman wrote in his decision. “He was foreclosed from exploring, among other things, whether the Pash/Wells Investigation was truly ‘independent,’ and how and why the NFL’s General Counsel came to edit a supposedly independent investigation report.

“Brady was also prejudiced because there was no other witness, apart from Pash, who was ‘as competent to address the substantive core of the claim.’ ”

Hmmmmmm.........sounds like Jeff Pash acted in a completely different legal manner depending on whether he was interacting with Tom Brady or Bruce Allen.

The entire NFL front office is infected with low character, self serving scumbags starting with Goodell.
They put the hammer down on minor things if it fits their agenda, but let serious violators, like Hill, AB, and some others off with a slap on the wrist if that.
They also pander to certain groups, not because they truly believe in the causes, but because it only serves their purpose.

I couldn't read the WSJ article.

What did Pash do and why exactly is Pash about to "burn"?

I couldn't read the WSJ article.

What did Pash do and why exactly is Pash about to "burn"?

In short it appears that Pash and Bruce Allen were quite friendly and their relationship was more than just a friendly work relationship, actively tried to get them off the hook for breaching the cap in that "uncapped" season, back and forth conversations where they complain about the NFL's increasing push for diversity and inclusion. Plenty of other questionable things being found in those emails too.

@NFL_DougFarrar on twitter has a thread with greater detail.

The problem is Article 46. Goodell and his batch of scummy lawyers testified that they were allowed to do anything they wanted, save for rape or murder. They can cheat, frame, steal or slander anyone they want. Whether or not they paid off those 2 judges is anyone's guess. But, at the time, I'd argued that it would set an incredibly dangerous precedent.

How a sports league can pretend it's above US law is beyond me.

In short it appears that Pash and Bruce Allen were quite friendly and their relationship was more than just a friendly work relationship, actively tried to get them off the hook for breaching the cap in that "uncapped" season, back and forth conversations where they complain about the NFL's increasing push for diversity and inclusion. Plenty of other questionable things being found in those emails too.

@NFL_DougFarrar on twitter has a thread with greater detail.
I wonder if Allen somehow encouraged Pash and Goodell to frame Brady due to jealousy. The Skins have a lot of power and money in the league due to the branding from the 1980s and into the 1990s.

At one point, I think they were 3rd in total net worth behind Dallas and us. I think Snyder's value has dropped in recent years, down to 6th or 7th. It goes to show you a brand can fool people into thinking the quality is still good, when it isn't. If the Skins were a restaurant, they would have gone out of business a long time ago. It's that arrogance that has hurt them. Their fans deserve a lot better than that weasel.

I know BB respected George Allen, but I wonder how he feels about his son Bruce.

Interesting that Wickersham chose to write about Goodell wanting Pash to make a bid to be commissioner in 2006 but some newer owners stacked the deck against Pash.
They wanted Pash to stay as counsel and Goodell to remain commissioner. So they put up another attorney for counsel to take votes away from Pash, leaving Goodell as commissioner and Pash as lead counsel.
These newer owners played hardball. The older owners were pissed.

FBvjXkeWQAEuyzx

Level playing field, my ass.

"The issues from the Allen-Pash relationship are more subtle and nuanced than the Gruden flamethrowers. Pash seemed to be helping Allen in ways that a neutral league office arguably shouldn’t, from rescinding fines to downplaying other issues for which other teams (like, say, the Patriots) would have received no extra consideration or deference."

Interesting that Wickersham chose to write about Goodell wanting Pash to make a bid to be commissioner in 2006 but some newer owners stacked the deck against Pash.
They wanted Pash to stay as counsel and Goodell to remain commissioner. So they put up another attorney for counsel to take votes away from Pash, leaving Goodell as commissioner and Pash as lead counsel.
These newer owners played hardball. The older owners were pissed.

FBvjXkeWQAEuyzx
I don't know if you know this, but Woody Johnson volunteered to "vet" the new commissioner in 2005. A lot of this has to do with New Owners (or LOSER ONES) vs the Older Owners (or more established/successful).

It's funny to me how obvious it is that Woody Johnson is the one who is behind not only overpaying Manboobs after only 1 year on the job but being the one with some kind of implied power out of NY, but being one of the newer owners that could threaten Goodell with his job if they didn't do what they say. It's why the filming rule was changed on 9.6.06 the very first official day of Goodell's reign of terror, done in a way that is actually against the Constitution and Bylaws. So, Sheriff Goebbels got off to a roaring start with his cheating.

Woody Johnson-->Goodell--Manboobs hire. They're all connected for a reason.

Woody Johnson was dumb enough to think Parcells was his future and not BB, and he sent us a 1st rd pick and then BB drafted Brady. The rest is history. It's comical to me the media never mentions these things, even though most Pats fans know the facts and the timelines. It's also ridiculous to think because BB built a dynasty, the team should be punished for it.

6-7 former coaches were on record defending BB and that's not a coincidence. They just weren't aware of the behind the scenes political maneuverings Goodell was initiation and enabling because the classy Rozelle never did things like that.

I was actually shocked to learn that Tagliabue was behind the Parcells hiring funny business by the Jets in 1997, so this whole push for getting money into the NY market so the league makes more money, had been going on even before Goodell. I just don't think Tagliabue wanted to deal with it anymore, because the league was flourishing in 2005. There is this angle that people think the league was struggling. It wasn't. The NFL was passing MLB as Congress hosted Bud Selig for his allowing of roids in MLB at that time.

Last edited:
Isn't the damage for the Pats already done?

If you want to forget what happened when Robyn Glaser contacted Pash in 2015, that's your prerogative. But, no, I'll never be over that mutha screwing over the Pats.

The Pats legal counsel contacted him during Deflategate about patently false info regarding one item of air pressure that the league "leaked" to the media and called him out on it. He acknowledged it was false but answered that the league will not correct the record publicly because it was just be too "complicating".

This is the same scum colluding with his buddy at the Redskins about "I know you wouldn't do anything bad, so I'll just make this go away".

Selective scumbag. There will be worse, much worse coming out over the next several days.

If you want to forget what happened when Robyn Glaser contacted Pash in 2015, that's your prerogative. But, no, I'll never be over that mutha screwing over the Pats.

The Pats legal counsel contacted him during Deflategate about patently false info regarding one item of air pressure that the league "leaked" to the media and called him out on it. He acknowledged it was false but answered that the league will not correct the record publicly because it was just be too "complicating".

This is the same scum colluding with his buddy at the Redskins about "I know you wouldn't do anything bad, so I'll just make this go away".

Selective scumbag. There will be worse, much worse coming out over the next several days.
The one thing I can't figure out......Who is leaking these emails? Did I miss something? Why would the NFL want this out on Pash on top of the embarrassment of Gruden?

The one thing I can't figure out......Who is leaking these emails? Did I miss something? Why would the NFL want this out on Pash on top of the embarrassment of Gruden?

My guess????? Someone sympathetic to Gruden had access to the other emails and hit back at the Pash bastard. There will be more to come folks!

The books and movies that will come out in a few years about what is right now going on behind closed doors in those NFL HQ offices are gonna be fire!

My guess????? Someone sympathetic to Gruden had access to the other emails and hit back at the Pash bastard. There will be more to come folks!

The books and movies that will come out in a few years about what is right now going on behind closed doors in those NFL HQ offices are gonna be fire!
No, I mean the original WFT emails, the 650,000 of them that go back 10 years. I am getting the feeling once they came across the Gruden emails, they approach Davis and Gruden a while back and asked him to resign and he refused along with Davis. So, once the season started, this ticked off Goodell.

But, why would the NFL leak emails about Jeff Pash? Or, did someone outside of the NFL somehow get all these emails? Pash knows where all the bodies are buried, so why would Goodell want to embarrass him?

No, I mean the original WFT emails, the 650,000 of them that go back 10 years. I am getting the feeling once they came across the Gruden emails, they approach Davis and Gruden a while back and asked him to resign and he refused along with Davis. So, once the season started, this ticked off Goodell.

But, why would the NFL leak emails about Jeff Pash? Or, did someone outside of the NFL somehow get all these emails? Pash knows where all the bodies are buried, so why would Goodell want to embarrass him?

Read my post again, I answered that question - - - could have been someone in the league office who was sympathetic to Gruden and got pissed produced revenge on Jeff Pash who who probably conducted the Gruden hit job. I think bullets are flying in several directions there, not just one. That's why this is now a Game of Thrones on Madison Avenue.

Back