Happy Father's Day!

deec77

Reaction score
Happy Father's Day to all the planet dads! Enjoy your day.

~Dee~

Happy-Fathers-day-2.jpg

Thank you. Just finished brunch at Skye with the fam. :toast:

Happy Father's Day, Dads!

Thanks! Went kayaking with my son today. This evening is pizza and cribbage (a game I've long played with my Dad, keeping up the tradition).
Happy Father's Day to the other Dads here!

Sounds like our dads had some good times:toast:

~Dee~

Thanks.

Did a little scientific experiment yesterday- figured out how long it took to water the lawn in my back yard.

The answer- 2 shots of JD honey and 4 beers.

So salty...

:poke:

Is it? I have not been there (Goody Coles). Kind of surprised you have. Though they do claim “MOST AUTHENTIC BARBEQUE IN NH."

Anyway, just try adding more sauce to cut the salt.

:coffee:

Is it? I have not been there (Goody Coles). Kind of surprised you have. Though they do claim “MOST AUTHENTIC BARBEQUE IN NH."

Anyway, just try adding more sauce to cut the salt.

:coffee:

"Authentic" may be the most meaningless description for food ever.

Also, real BBQ doesn't need sauce. (Yeah, I went there). Unless you consider broken down collagen and gelatin a sauce.

"Authentic" may be the most meaningless description for food ever.

Also, real BBQ doesn't need sauce. (Yeah, I went there). Unless you consider broken down collagen and gelatin a sauce.

Actually, I agree. I prefer ribs with only a good dry rub, but I am not loyal to any one particular style. Even if it has sauce, it can still be "real" BBQ to me, and I will still devour it. :shrug:

Actually, I agree. I prefer ribs with only a good dry rub, but I am not loyal to any one particular style. Even if it has sauce, it can still be "real" BBQ to me, and I will still devour it. :shrug:

My experience is that there is a direct correlation to the amount of sauce used and the quality of the BBQ that sauce is trying to cover up.

Not every case I'm sure, but when I see a BBQ establishment pimping their sauce and not the actual BBQ I'm immediately skeptical

My experience is that there is a direct correlation to the amount of sauce used and the quality of the BBQ that sauce is trying to cover up.

Not every case I'm sure, but when I see a BBQ establishment pimping their sauce and not the actual BBQ I'm immediately skeptical
With you. Strictly various dry rubs. Like to do six racks on my old Weber Smokey Mountain (have managed seven), Three with an old favorite and three with the new experiment (there's probably a million rubs sitting on teh webz for you to try).

It's ok if someone feeds me sauced 'cue, but it's a different thing in my mind.

Cheers

Back