Happy Thanksgiving, Pats Planet

Ugh lol. Me last year...

~Dee~
The "cornbread" was so dry they should have provided nine glasses of milk to wash it down... when the first bite turned to dust in my mouth I just deposited it in the trash, where it belonged. I only wish they would have provided more turkey with the salt they gave me... Really looking forward to having some of the turkey my mom cooked when I get home.

Last edited:
My life is filled with countless moments when I truly could not fathom the price for something that was staring me down at the POS.

Forget those, they are in retrospect acceptable, maybe even natural and normal and not even worth mentioning. I'll get to my point in a minute.

For over 30 years we've bought the TG Bird at Raymond's turkey farm in Methuen. Wonderful Product. Clean beyond belief. Great flavor, etc. Always gladly paid the premium. I remember noting as a kinda wow moment, when the bird first hit twenty bucks. And of course, it has continued upward ever since. But . . .

Picked up a fabulous 21 pounder on Tuesday and was stripped clean of $5.50 a pound. You figure it out. Over a C note for a f'n turkey. Text me your shrink's phone number if he's a miracle worker.

PS. Best damn bird ever. :)

Cheers

Last edited:
My life is filled with countless moments when I truly could not fathom the price for something that was staring me down at the POS.

Forget those, they are in retrospect acceptable, maybe even natural and normal and not even worth mentioning. I'll get to my point in a minute.

For over 30 years we've bought the TG Bird at Raymond's turkey farm in Methuen. Wonderful Product. Clean beyond belief. Great flavor, etc. Always gladly paid the premium. I remember noting as a kinda wow moment, when the bird first hit twenty bucks. And of course, it has continued upward ever since. But . . .

Picked up a fabulous 21 pounder on Tuesday and was stripped clean of $5.50 a pound. You figure it out. Over a C note for a f'n turkey. Text me your shrink's phone number if he's a miracle worker.

PS. Best damn bird ever. :)

Cheers
I also get mine at Raymond’s. Hop skip and a jump from our place. $80.00 for a 16 pounder.

I was complaining about paying 28 bucks for the 14 pounder I'm throwing in the smoker tomorrow since I worked on Thanksgiving and I just want to cook a damn turkey.

I paid .49 a pound for my 15# Bird. It had a pop up timer, but I used my own thermometer instead. Cooked at 325 and took it out at 165 degrees and let rest for at least one hour with foil on top of breast. Absolute perfection. Juiciest bird I have ever cooked.

I paid .49 a pound for my 15# Bird. It had a pop up timer, but I used my own thermometer instead. Cooked at 325 and took it out at 165 degrees and let rest for at least one hour with foil on top of breast. Absolute perfection. Juiciest bird I have ever cooked.
Good on!

But my Sammy C-note was better. :harumph: (BTW, that IS what we named him)

Cheers, :toast:

I bought one of those too. Going to throw it on the smoker at some point.

Oh I say!

tMR8KKUH_400x400.jpg

Back