Harrison37 Iraq deployment support thread

Box_O_Rocks

One personality, many pieces
Reaction score
Mods please sticky.

Alright people, gather round! Our own Harrison37 (aka: Kirk) is in Kuwait with his unit and will be heading into Iraq as soon as they finish training. Several here have expressed a desire to give aid and comfort to American Forces and H37's boys in particular, this thread will hopefully be the place for that to happen. I've asked Kirk to look for it, to post updates as his time allows, and to share with us specific items which will enhance he and his boy's morale in country - which we can pool together and provide as our hearts and wallets dictate.

With a one year deployment this thread could get a bit lengthy, so I'm going to start a seperate thread for people to start expressing well wishes and link it here, Kirk will have precious little time between now and getting settled into their forward base, so long "we love our Soldier" threads can be bypassed for more critical issues (like who got re-signed, signed, or drafted by the Patriots) and the other stuff can be caught up later as he has time.

Link threads on specific activities with the team here, and if you know he has an interest in a specific subject (like unsavory activity in the Political forum of another fan site), but don't go overboard. In case you're wondering his user name gives you a hint at things he might be interested in. As he posts updates on the activities of his unit, we can start a seperate discussion thread for each one and link it back here. If someone has a smarter way to manage things feel free to sing out, my user name is fairly accurate about my short comings! Don't be shy about giving him a synopses of the threads you link, try to keep it to a small paragraph though.

Right, any questions? Then let's rock and roll!

Well, folks- as has been said before- we're in Kuwait getting ready to go north.

Camp Buehring is in the desolate northern portion of Kuwait, some 50 miles from the Kuwait-Iraq border.

We've been conducting training, offloading our gear and just doing the last few things we need to get accomplished before we go.

Eventually, I'll have a website set up and post the link so you can follow our tour over the course of the year. Also- keep a lookout for us in the news- 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division "The Dragons" out of Fort Riley.

That's all for now- thanks again for all the kind words and wishes of support from all who have posted.

Kirk
H37

My fiance was at Ft. Riley many years ago, Bravo Company 1st of 18 ("Bravo Bulls") for nearly 6 years. Please stay safe and keep us updated as often as you can.

Harrison37 on 02-11-2007 at 09:31 PM said:
Well, folks- as has been said before- we're in Kuwait getting ready to go north.

Camp Buehring is in the desolate northern portion of Kuwait, some 50 miles from the Kuwait-Iraq border.

We've been conducting training, offloading our gear and just doing the last few things we need to get accomplished before we go.

Eventually, I'll have a website set up and post the link so you can follow our tour over the course of the year. Also- keep a lookout for us in the news- 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division "The Dragons" out of Fort Riley.

That's all for now- thanks again for all the kind words and wishes of support from all who have posted.

Kirk
H37

you already know how I feel, but take care anyway..and come home safe..;) :thumb:

H37...Stay safe and keep your head down.

"Jodi" has been restricted to his room.

Jim

Pats Tag Asante

Harrison37 on 02-11-2007 at 09:31 PM said:

Looking forward to seeing your site.

1st Inf - isn't that the illustrious Big Red One?

Well- I made it to Baghdad in one piece and am now trying to get settled for what should be an interesting year.

So far so good with the new security plan being implemented city-wide, and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the continued support!

Harrison37 on 02-17-2007 at 08:25 AM said:
Well- I made it to Baghdad in one piece and am now trying to get settled for what should be an interesting year.

So far so good with the new security plan being implemented city-wide, and we'll see how it goes.

Our pleasure, keep the cards and letters coming!

1.Tom Brady is going to be a daddy. Brigette is pregnant.

2. We tagged Samuels

3. I have a very bad head cold.

nice to hear from you H37, we will continue to send our bestest good vibes your way

in the meantime if it is not too much trouble what with the resources you may have access to where you are, could you please call in an air strike, say in the general York County, ME vicinity?

we have need to take care of one very whiny little b!tch

MEPATNUT on 02-19-2007 at 09:22 AM said:

3. I have a very bad head cold.

Harrison37 on 02-17-2007 at 08:25 AM said:

Is there anything you or your unit running short of? Let us know. I'm sure we can put together some care packages. Don't hesitate to ask. If OPSEC is an issue, just PM one of us.

Box_O_Rocks on 02-21-2007 at 01:09 AM said:
While you've been kicking doors...Ian has finally pulled the plug on another insurgent.
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=51065

Oh, no- is NEMskull on suicide watch now? Whatever is he going to do now that he doesn't have a Patriots internet forum to spend all his time on anymore?

That guy never learns. He's got something wrong with him. Some kind of social disorder or something. Anyway- turn the page.

Things are going pretty well for us so far in Baghdad. Learning the ropes, getting familiar with our Area of Operations and just generally gettinig a feel for what we're up against.

Back