Has Brady Lost His Mojo?

I know this guy isn't a member of Our Team anymore, or if it's bad manners to discuss players on other teams (except for Random Football News), but our long lost QB has been playing like dog shit for the Bucs. He said he'd retire when he couldn't cut it anymore, but has said he doesn't plan to retire after this season. So whaddya think? Should he bow out now before he craps all over his legend, or is this year simply growing pains of moving to a new team/new coaches/new teammates/new playbook, etc. and he'll be back to playing great again next year? Opinions, please.
:patslogo26:

Are you? This has been brutal for me. I don't even recognize the team and I don't just mean the awful play but Bill's pressers and all the excuse making. I realize a rebuild is coming but I never thought we would look this bad one season after Brady when we had 12 wins.

You have always been Brady first, Patriots second, so this isn’t news to us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, could care less about Brady and his success this year. His season long temper tantrum last year has caused me to hope that he fails this year. I know many, many Patriot fans who feel likewise.

Yeah. There are some fans with that feeling. I see it more as he was done after 20 years and immensely frustrated with our offense and I really don't blame him for that. He gave me two decades of excellence and 6 rings and all those playoff wins. I will always root for him. Going to Tampa was really perfect as the Pats have no rivalry at all with them and they are in the other conference so it gives me 2 games to watch each Sunday.

None of the Brady apologists are commenting on his absolute inability to throw it 20+ yards down the field?

Scam will be the bridge QB, BB has to draft a QB next year.m sure he will do something. Pats will be loaded with cap space & they have a ton of draft capital in the 2021 draft. Even if he drafts a qb I would bet he goes with a next

I’m sure he will do something. Pats will be loaded with cap space & they have a ton of draft capital in the 2021 draft. Even if he drafts a qb I would bet he goes with a vet next year.

Either keep Cam or go with Stid but I'm not certain he's sold on the latter. Even way back in Cleveland when he knew Kosar was done he went with a vet in Vinny Testaverde. I don't think there's any chance he starts a rook. If they part with Cam one qb I would keep an eye on is Matt Ryan. I think the Falcons going to be in full blown rebuild mode & Ryan might not be in their plans. He's a solid pro.

Yup. Its easy sitting on more Lombardi's than we ever thought possible. I am completely relaxed. Its something new . They have a ton of cap space next season, and if they keep Cam, which I think they will, he will only improve.
Totally agree with you. The success we've had here is almost obscene! I said it here before, 6 epic Superbowls, countless AFC Championships and Division Titles, if we never win anything else until I die, I'll die a happy man. The success is eternal, nobody can ever take that away, and it's part of the culture and history of this team. Ask the Steeler fans about the great 70s team, and they will recall Jack Lambert, Mel Blount, Mean Joe, Jack Ham, Webster, Stallworth, Terry etc etc as if they just stopped playing last week.

I'm really enjoying this season, like watching Cam play, and most of us want him to succeed because he's the NE QB. That seems a strange thing to have to say, but there are some NE fans, amazingly, who don't want him to succeed at all because their feelings were hurt when Tom left and they blame Bill and god knows whoever else and Cam being successful just can't be countenanced. If Cam struggles, they feel it proves some weird point. It seems some "fans" would be more than comfortable with Cam failing here and Tom winning on another team....which is bizarre when you think about it.

I do think you get to see the real fans in situations like this. The ones who will stick with the team when maybe success won't be enjoyed for a few years to come. The rest of us will enjoy the rebuild and look forward to seeing what Bill comes up with in the next few years.

Totally agree with you. The success we've had here is almost obscene! I said it here before, 6 epic Superbowls, countless AFC Championships and Division Titles, if we never win anything else until I die, I'll die a happy man. The success is eternal, nobody can ever take that away, and it's part of the culture and history of this team. Ask the Steeler fans about the great 70s team, and they will recall Jack Lambert, Mel Blount, Mean Joe, Jack Ham, Webster, Stallworth, Terry etc etc as if they just stopped playing last week.

I'm really enjoying this season, like watching Cam play, and most of us want him to succeed because he's the NE QB. That seems a strange thing to have to say, but there are some NE fans, amazingly, who don't want him to succeed at all because their feelings were hurt when Tom left and they blame Bill and god knows whoever else and Cam being successful just can't be countenanced. If Cam struggles, they feel it proves some weird point. It seems some "fans" would be more than comfortable with Cam failing here and Tom winning on another team....which is bizarre when you think about it.

I do think you get to see the real fans in situations like this. The ones who will stick with the team when maybe success won't be enjoyed for a few years to come. The rest of us will enjoy the rebuild and look forward to seeing what Bill comes up with in the next few years.

I agree as well. I'm enjoying the season so far. I'm looking at things as objectively as possible. Also I fully trust BB will have this team competing sooner rather than later, so I'm not worried. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing players develop -- Dugger, Onwenu, Meyers and Cam specifically. Next year's draft I expect BB to make a splash kind of like he did in 07. I expect people to go back to hating the Pats due to the success.

I'm just happy there was football this year, and while some of the losses have been painful (Seahawks, Bills come to mind) I tend to not harp on them so much this year. I really hope Cam progresses and is able to be a good QB for the Pats in the coming years. I'm sure BB will draft a QB to have waiting in the wings - at this point I think Stidham isn't the answer. Things will be looking up soon enough.

As far as Brady, I feel conflicted. It's definitely like a broken relationship after a long time. At the moment I just remember that he turned into a diva all last year and really made it to where he wasn't interested in sticking it out. We now see what he can do with all the weapons in the world. But whenever he retires and comes back for his 1 day contract with the Pats I will go back to loving him like I did these past 20 years. It all takes time.

Cam has 4 TDs 7 Ints. We have the 27th ranked passing game. Last week Cam finally got his First Passing TD to a WR. It's not effective or consistent.

Last edited:

That is a lucid and well thought out post that I can agree with.

As for Cam, he's still in his try out period. Time will tell. His last 3 games have been pretty damn good.

I mean I’m not trying to totally blame Brady’s troubles on coaching, but Bruce loves the deep shot and the times I’ve always held my breath with Brady are when he runs more than a dive forward, or throws deep.
It’s just flat out never been the best part of his game. At 43 He’s not gonna improve on it.
Marpet is a big deal for them as well. He keeps a lot of heat off Brady in terms of interior pressure. When he gets back I’m expecting improvement.

On a total digression, but it goes back to the Bucs game a few weeks ago against them. I think the giants have a much better defense than most people realize. The Saints are damn good, and so are the Rams. Brady looked fine against the Panthers and as stated above they shut out Stafford. He’s no scrub.

I’m sure he will do something. Pats will be loaded with cap space & they have a ton of draft capital in the 2021 draft. Even if he drafts a qb I would bet he goes with a vet next year.

Either keep Cam or go with Stid but I'm not certain he's sold on the latter. Even way back in Cleveland when he knew Kosar was done he went with a vet in Vinny Testaverde. I don't think there's any chance he starts a rook. If they part with Cam one qb I would keep an eye on is Matt Ryan. I think the Falcons going to be in full blown rebuild mode & Ryan might not be in their plans. He's a solid pro.

Absolutely. A rookie making rookie mistakes that BB sees even if we don't would drive BB nuts. The 2021 FA QBs list for next year, as of now, has a couple of guys at the top but mostly it's backup 2nd and 3rd stringers. In the middle are Andy Dalton and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Both are capable of a good game here and there but by the end of a season BB is in the cuckoo's nest. Rivers is in that category, too. Scratch them off. Brissett is also a FA this offseason; personally, I'm not a proponent of Brissett except as Plan C behind Dak and Cam.

The best of the FA QBs are Dak Prescott and then Cam. Ripping Dak away from Jerrah would be satisfying as hell but Dak's not worth that cost! Dak is looking at a $40M/year paycheck. I like Dak as a QB but I don't like him that much so Plan A is trashed before the package is opened.

The 2nd best FA QB in 2021 is Cam Newton. Plan B is now Plan A.

Here's the FA QB list: 2021 NFL Free Agents List | NFLTradeRumors.co

Cam is already on the team, he's learning the system, he's accepting coaching, he will be better next year than he was this year and won't cost anything near what Dak is looking for.
Parting with Cam would make BB start all over again just like in 2020.
So, in my mind, Cam is the obvious answer for next year IF his salary demands aren't sky high. Give him a competent TE and 1 really good WR and watch him work.

My condolences to those who don't like Cam but right now he is BB's best option at QB for the immediate future even if he does trade up to get the QB he wants in this draft.

I mean I’m not trying to totally blame Brady’s troubles on coaching, but Bruce loves the deep shot and the times I’ve always held my breath with Brady are when he runs more than a dive forward, or throws deep.
It’s just flat out never been the best part of his game. At 43 He’s not gonna improve on it.
Marpet is a big deal for them as well. He keeps a lot of heat off Brady in terms of interior pressure. When he gets back I’m expecting improvement.

On a total digression, but it goes back to the Bucs game a few weeks ago against them. I think the giants have a much better defense than most people realize. The Saints are damn good, and so are the Rams. Brady looked fine against the Panthers and as stated above they shut out Stafford. He’s no scrub.

Serious question -
- Do you think TB12 would be as good as he was with Moss in '07 if he had the '07 version of Moss right now?

We need to Address the biggest weakness WR. Cam favorite targets have been the RB's. Burkheads who leads the team in receiving TD's is done.

Back