Has Brady Lost His Mojo?

I know this guy isn't a member of Our Team anymore, or if it's bad manners to discuss players on other teams (except for Random Football News), but our long lost QB has been playing like dog shit for the Bucs. He said he'd retire when he couldn't cut it anymore, but has said he doesn't plan to retire after this season. So whaddya think? Should he bow out now before he craps all over his legend, or is this year simply growing pains of moving to a new team/new coaches/new teammates/new playbook, etc. and he'll be back to playing great again next year? Opinions, please.
:patslogo26:

Tom Brady will continue to rewrite the NFL postseason record book​

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 7, 2021, 4:47 AM EST

NFL: JAN 03 Falcons at Buccaneers

Getty Images
Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady already owns his own page of the NFL postseason record book, and he’ll rewrite that page when the Buccaneers take on Washington on Saturday.
Here are a few of the postseason records that Brady owns, and some notes on how far everyone else in the league is from equaling Brady’s records:

Games played: Brady will appear in his 42nd career postseason game on Saturday. His former teammate Adam Vinatieri is in second place all time, having appeared in 32 career postseason games. Jerry Rice is third with 29 games, and if Titans kicker Stephen Gostkowski plays on Sunday, it will be his 29th postseason game, moving him into a tie with Rice for third all time.
Games started: Brady has started all of his postseason games, so he’ll extend that record to 42 as well. Kickers aren’t considered starters, so Rice is next with 29 starts.
Games as winning quarterback: Brady has 30 postseason wins. Joe Montana is second with 16. In third place, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway and Peyton Manning are in a three-way tie with 14 postseason wins, and Ben Roethlisberger can also earn his 14th career postseason win if the Steelers beat the Browns on Sunday.
Passes thrown: Brady has thrown 1,627 passes in the postseason. Peyton Manning, with 1,027 postseason passes, is the only other quarterback to throw more than 1,000.
Passes completed: Brady has completed 1,025 passes in the playoffs. Peyton Manning completed 649, and no one else even has 500 career completions in the postseason.
Passing yards: Brady is the all-time leader with 11,388 career postseason passing yards. Peyton Manning is second with 7,339, followed by Brett Favre with 5,885 and Joe Montana with 5,772. The next three quarterbacks on the all-time passing yards list are all active in this year’s playoffs: Ben Roethlisberger with 5,256, Aaron Rodgers with 5,027 and Drew Brees with 4,967.
Passing touchdowns: Brady has 73 career postseason touchdown passes. Joe Montana is next with 45.
Brady will keep adding to his records on Saturday, and maybe for quite a few postseason games after that.

What Could Be​

Tom Brady could win another Super Bowl.​

Tom Brady is Emperor Palpatine.

We thought that the Titans had destroyed the Death Star and rid the league of Brady and the Patriots’ dynasty. And yet, he’s been resurrected in Tampa. We’re faced with the proposition of seeing Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, and Antonio Brown in another Super Bowl and it’s not as if they’ve just waltzed into this position. We’ve all had moments of skepticism regarding the Buccaneers. Brady started off the season 14th in Expected Points Added (EPA) per Play (0.19) and 19th in Completion Percentage over Expected (CPOE) at +1.6% through the first six weeks of the season. He was 18th in deep-ball completion rate (45.0%) and was averaging 19.0 PPG with just two Top-12 finishes. But Brady has returned to form at exactly the right time.

Brady has been fifth in EPA per Play and 13th in CPOE since Week 11. He’s thrown for over 300 yards in four of his last six games and completed two or more touchdown passes in every game since Week 10. He’s averaged 22.3 PPG over the last six weeks with two finishes inside the Top 4 which is remarkable for a pocket passer in a mobile quarterback’s league. Plus, the Buccaneers’ defense is formidable enough to get them through the playoffs. Their defensive front is second in pressure rate and sixth in adjusted sack rate. They’re fifth in offensive yards per drive allowed as a whole, but the secondary lapses have been their Achilles’ heel. Matt Ryan, without a running game or Julio Jones, tagged them for a combined 621 yards and five touchdowns in nearly consecutive weeks (Week 15 and Week 17). Patrick Mahomes, who they’d only see in the Super Bowl, lit them up with 462 yards and three touchdowns back in Week 12.

The odds are in their favor to get past Washington through the Wild Card round. After that, the football gods take over. Some folks are hopeful that Drew Brees can go out on top. Others are pining for Russell Wilson to get another shot at the title. However, Brady’s peaking at the right time and it has some of the league getting nervous about him winning a seventh ring.

What Could Be​

Tom Brady could win another Super Bowl.​

Tom Brady is Emperor Palpatine.

We thought that the Titans had destroyed the Death Star and rid the league of Brady and the Patriots’ dynasty. And yet, he’s been resurrected in Tampa. We’re faced with the proposition of seeing Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, and Antonio Brown in another Super Bowl and it’s not as if they’ve just waltzed into this position. We’ve all had moments of skepticism regarding the Buccaneers. Brady started off the season 14th in Expected Points Added (EPA) per Play (0.19) and 19th in Completion Percentage over Expected (CPOE) at +1.6% through the first six weeks of the season. He was 18th in deep-ball completion rate (45.0%) and was averaging 19.0 PPG with just two Top-12 finishes. But Brady has returned to form at exactly the right time.

Brady has been fifth in EPA per Play and 13th in CPOE since Week 11. He’s thrown for over 300 yards in four of his last six games and completed two or more touchdown passes in every game since Week 10. He’s averaged 22.3 PPG over the last six weeks with two finishes inside the Top 4 which is remarkable for a pocket passer in a mobile quarterback’s league. Plus, the Buccaneers’ defense is formidable enough to get them through the playoffs. Their defensive front is second in pressure rate and sixth in adjusted sack rate. They’re fifth in offensive yards per drive allowed as a whole, but the secondary lapses have been their Achilles’ heel. Matt Ryan, without a running game or Julio Jones, tagged them for a combined 621 yards and five touchdowns in nearly consecutive weeks (Week 15 and Week 17). Patrick Mahomes, who they’d only see in the Super Bowl, lit them up with 462 yards and three touchdowns back in Week 12.

The odds are in their favor to get past Washington through the Wild Card round. After that, the football gods take over. Some folks are hopeful that Drew Brees can go out on top. Others are pining for Russell Wilson to get another shot at the title. However, Brady’s peaking at the right time and it has some of the league getting nervous about him winning a seventh ring.
The Palpatine reference is pretty cool. Has any player ever had so many evil genius references?

I like Brady, and a positive of the Pats not making the playoffs is that I can root for him and his team (I know some of you think he's some kind of a jerk, and I'm glad I don't), and not have that feeling of "who cares if he wins; I just want the Pats to win". If he loses, okay, but I hope his team wins, and he does well.

Last edited:
I like Brady, and a positive of the Pats not making the playoffs is that I can root for him and his team (I know some of you think he's some kind of a jerk, and I'm glad I don't), and not have that feeling of "who cares of he wins; I just want the Pats to win". If he loses, okay, but I hope his team wins, and he does well.
I like Brady (and Gronk) a lot, I love what they did for the Patriots for all these years.

I'll be rooting for them to pull it all off and win yet another SB, sadly for another team, but I hope they do it.

Don't care how he does in the playoffs, and honestly don't think he will get past the WFT's defense. That said, if he were to get to the Super Bowl and it was against the Chiefs, I would definitely root for old man Tom.

Yeah I don't like the Chiefs at all and not because they're a "threat" to the Patriots dynasty wise. I just don't like them. I never truly hated the Steelers, I'd take them any day over the Ravens who I really hate.

I like the Saints, always did and Payton was the one coach who supported the Pats over DG and their SB win was a great moment after the horror of Katrina. And how could anyone not love the city of New Orleans?!

I wouldn't mind GB winning, I like Rodgers and the Packers are a great model Franchise, not owned by a billionaire, very community orientated and of course, that great NFL history.

And there's something about the Seahawks I never liked and I can't put my finger on it. Love the city, Like Pete Carroll, but just don't like the team.

Back