Has Brady Lost His Mojo?

I know this guy isn't a member of Our Team anymore, or if it's bad manners to discuss players on other teams (except for Random Football News), but our long lost QB has been playing like dog shit for the Bucs. He said he'd retire when he couldn't cut it anymore, but has said he doesn't plan to retire after this season. So whaddya think? Should he bow out now before he craps all over his legend, or is this year simply growing pains of moving to a new team/new coaches/new teammates/new playbook, etc. and he'll be back to playing great again next year? Opinions, please.
:patslogo26:

It cannot be denied that Brady has shut me up this season. He's been great and their O-line, which was awful last season, has improved with the addition of Tristan Wirfs.

However, that Washington D Line is pretty good and can collapse the middle better than anybody this side of the Rams with their big 'Bama DTs. This has been an issue for Brady and his OL had better step it up and keep him upright Saturday night or this game could be close. Brady's record in games where he's taken 3 sacks or more is 1-3, although lately he's been given better protection. The Bucs haven't faced a hot DL since the Chicago game, so I wouldn't be shocked if their offense is disrupted. An upset is unlikely, but some experts think it could happen.

As good as Payne and Allen have been playing -- Tampa is going to have to give Donovan Smith some help or Chase Young will be in Brady's ribcage all night. Look for them to throw more screens and short stuff early to try and slow Young and Montez Sweat down. If their pass rush is a major factor I'm going to be watching closely to see if Brady stands in there tough or does what he did in Foxboro last season. This is going to be an interesting game for that reason, at least.

It cannot be denied that Brady has shut me up this season. He's been great and their O-line, which was awful last season, has improved with the addition of Tristan Wirfs.

However, that Washington D Line is pretty good and can collapse the middle better than anybody this side of the Rams with their big 'Bama DTs. This has been an issue for Brady and his OL had better step it up and keep him upright Saturday night or this game could be close. Brady's record in games where he's taken 3 sacks or more is 1-3, although lately he's been given better protection. The Bucs haven't faced a hot DL since the Chicago game, so I wouldn't be shocked if their offense is disrupted. An upset is unlikely, but some experts think it could happen.

As good as Payne and Allen have been playing -- Tampa is going to have to give Donovan Smith some help or Chase Young will be in Brady's ribcage all night. Look for them to throw more screens and short stuff early to try and slow Young and Montez Sweat down. If their pass rush is a major factor I'm going to be watching closely to see if Brady stands in there tough or does what he did in Foxboro last season. This is going to be an interesting game for that reason, at least.
Interestingly Washington is not great vs the run. I think Tampa looks to get Rojo going early and Fournette. That is the best way to take the heat off of Tom and also set up play action where he has been fantastic this year. I do also think you will see a ton of screens and slants to get the ball out quick. I agree that this is a true test for Tampa's Oline. I think they win and most likely comfortably because the Washington offense is just not very good and Smith is hobbled. I don't think it is a blowout but I think it is close early and Tampa pulls away in the fourth.

The Pat McAfee show. He's a talented QB to be sure but he is very much so focused on himself rather than the team, which shows in the results he's obtained through his career. His records are also being overwritten by Mahomes before he even retires, so I guess that increases his desperation to be worshipped for his greatness before he gets left behind since he didn't accomplish anything of lasting significance.

Brady has never had an issue with "pressure" any more than any other QB has. It's not rocket science. Put any QB under pressure and he will suffer. That's how you win games, the Rams did it to Wilson last night consistently. Of course, Brady has come under significant pressure before and the team typically lost, Rex Ryan's Jets were something very good at that, giving all kinds of different looks etc to confuse the offense. But it's the same for any QB. You want to beat the Chiefs? Pressure Mahomes. Same with the Ravens, Packers, Saints etc etc. It's why great pass rushers have such huge careers as they literally can change games.

The Rams will now rise and fall according to Aaron Donald's health, simple as that.

Brady looked like playoffs Brady or TFB last night. I hadn't watched a full game from him as a Buc other than the ones he seemed to struggle in. He sliced and diced that defense.

I'm ready for my avatar, or should I choose my own?

The battle for clicks on the sports front is intense. But after Tampa Bay's performance Last night it seems that all the commentators in need of those clicks apparently experienced simultaneous epiphanies and ran, as one, to their Venue and Declared TFB to be the GOAT. Courage. :coffee:
(Honestly, it's as if SB LI never happened.)

Brilliant

Cheers

Back