Has Brady Lost His Mojo?

I know this guy isn't a member of Our Team anymore, or if it's bad manners to discuss players on other teams (except for Random Football News), but our long lost QB has been playing like dog shit for the Bucs. He said he'd retire when he couldn't cut it anymore, but has said he doesn't plan to retire after this season. So whaddya think? Should he bow out now before he craps all over his legend, or is this year simply growing pains of moving to a new team/new coaches/new teammates/new playbook, etc. and he'll be back to playing great again next year? Opinions, please.
:patslogo26:

i think some of the stuff guerrero does is legit. the problem is the #myayornoway aspect.
i'm a buffet girl(in more ways than one, lol). let me take what i want that works for me and not the rest that doesn't.

Interesting stats regarding ratings this season. It seems folks in NE preferred watching Brady more than the Pats ratings-wise. Not a surprise given what he has meant to NE and also his stacked team vs a reset season in NE. Still, glad to see he was supported so well. This is from Hannable today.

2. There were some interesting ratings nuggets that came out this week relating to the Patriots. Overall, ratings were down 26 percent this season. The Patriots had a final rating of 26.3 in Boston, which compares to 35.5 in 2019. There are a number of factors in play, starting with the 7-9 record and Cam Newton’s subpar play at QB. If the team was losing and Newton was still performing well on a weekly basis, things may have been a little different. It’s also clear New England is backing Brady in Tampa Bay. While it’s not apples-to-apples, it’s interesting more people in Boston watched the Tampa Bay/Washington game last weekend than the Patriots’ Week 16 game on Monday Night Football against the Bills. Yes, it was a playoff game, but it’s highly unusual for an out of market game to out-rate an in-market game, even if one is a playoff game and one isn’t.

Interesting stats regarding ratings this season. It seems folks in NE preferred watching Brady more than the Pats ratings-wise. Not a surprise given what he has meant to NE and also his stacked team vs a reset season in NE. Still, glad to see he was supported so well. This is from Hannable today.

2. There were some interesting ratings nuggets that came out this week relating to the Patriots. Overall, ratings were down 26 percent this season. The Patriots had a final rating of 26.3 in Boston, which compares to 35.5 in 2019. There are a number of factors in play, starting with the 7-9 record and Cam Newton’s subpar play at QB. If the team was losing and Newton was still performing well on a weekly basis, things may have been a little different. It’s also clear New England is backing Brady in Tampa Bay. While it’s not apples-to-apples, it’s interesting more people in Boston watched the Tampa Bay/Washington game last weekend than the Patriots’ Week 16 game on Monday Night Football against the Bills. Yes, it was a playoff game, but it’s highly unusual for an out of market game to out-rate an in-market game, even if one is a playoff game and one isn’t.

I think people enjoy watching winning more. Granted that kind of went hand in hand with Brady for 20 years. It became very obvious that this team wasn't making the playoffs after they piled up 5 losses in the first 7 games. Losing will always make some fans interest wane and I think that's exactly what happened this year. I still watched every game, but I knew we weren't going anywhere.

Felt very similar to a Michigan football season.

You have to realize that the GOAT just finished up 20 years with the same team. There are tons of fans in their 30s or younger who literally don't know a time when Tom wasn't their team's QB. It's understandable but for those fans it can be tough to separate cheering for Tom (the one constant over 20 years aside from BB) and the team itself. If Brady had simply retired it would have probably been a different story, but him going elsewhere was always going to spark curiosity from younger fans. The fact that Gronk went with him and the offense is stacked with talent was the cherry.

The Pats sucked ass this year. Cam sucked hard.

Some of those younger fans have literally just experienced their first ever losing season too.

You'll have some fans who drift away now that the run is over and the GOAT is gone. Some others will probably float around a bit before refocusing on the Pats (ex. when they have a new QB). Of course older fans who were around before Brady have no issue with moving on and staying focused on the team, but they also can't appreciate what it's like to grow up watching a team that literally always made the playoffs. That went to the AFCCCG basically every year. That won SBs basically every 3 years on average. All with the same HOF QB. And now in the blink of an eye it's all over, and now the Pats are in full rebuild mode while the GOAT is one game away from another SB appearance. So I think the animosity between fans is pretty annoying. Everyone is going to deal with change differently. We'll find out who the real long-term fans are over time, but this season was a major shock to a lot of people.

On Topic: Brady's still good enough to win in this league, but he's probably not good enough to 'carry' anymore. He's in the perfect spot to make another run, surrounded by more talent than he ever had in NE.

I agree completely with Boomer here. I have been saying this most of the season. Bucs should extend Brady this off-season to space out his cap hit so they can retain the talent around him. It is a win-win as Brady wants to play to 45 and beyond and is willing to play for the $25 mil a year or maybe even less if they give him a multi-year deal.

Boomer Esiason on GHS: Buccaneers would be smart to sign Tom Brady to an extension this offseason​

For sure. But it makes a lot of sense for everyone to extend him. That is what he wanted in NE more than the pieces around was the belief by Kraft/Bill that he could still lead the team in his 40s. I think it would go a long way to ensure he does finish his career in Tampa as well help Licht continue to put the pieces in place. They are far from a finished product but like you said, Brady covers up the deficiencies with his leadership, coaching and relentless competitive nature to win.

This week I will be ONLY ROOTING FOR BRADY. I don't give a Shit about rest of that team. He's wins he joins a very select few QB that played in SB with two different teams.

This week I will be ONLY ROOTING FOR BRADY. I don't give a Shit about rest of that team. He's wins he joins a very select few QB that played in SB with two different teams.

My brain is a bit friend after a long day of analyzing the Aeneid and discussing Stoic philosophy, but are there any other QBs other than Peyton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My brain is a bit friend after a long day of analyzing the Aeneid and discussing Stoic philosophy, but are there any other QBs other than Peyton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Off the top of my head I can only think of Kurt Warner other than Forehead.

Back