Has Brady Lost His Mojo?

I know this guy isn't a member of Our Team anymore, or if it's bad manners to discuss players on other teams (except for Random Football News), but our long lost QB has been playing like dog shit for the Bucs. He said he'd retire when he couldn't cut it anymore, but has said he doesn't plan to retire after this season. So whaddya think? Should he bow out now before he craps all over his legend, or is this year simply growing pains of moving to a new team/new coaches/new teammates/new playbook, etc. and he'll be back to playing great again next year? Opinions, please.
:patslogo26:

see now it is you comparing Cam to Tom. Cam is taking a beating around here too, if you haven't noticed.

Maybe it is the 4-6 season just after he left or how horrible Cam has been replacing him, I don't know but the anger of some Pats fans toward him is off the charts. Not sure why it is hard for folks to understand that after 20 years he got fed up and burnt out. He is hardly the first Patriot to fray under Bill yet the only one that lasted 20 years and took pay discounts and brought us 6 championships. Why he is held to this standard of perfection I will never know. The guy is human. He played out his contract, moved on, never bad mouthed the org, and seems pretty happy in Tampa and for some reason that is really irking Pats fans like it is his fault somehow that Bill left the team in this putrid condition.

I don't think, for a second, this team is in putrid condition going forward. They are kinda set up perfectly for another big run if things are done right.

And who is gonna bet that bill won't get this team rocking with all the draft picks and large amount of cap room next year.

And if we don't go get Watson, I'm all in on Cam. He has been so fun to watch, on and off the field and should only get better with a year in this system under his belt and not derailed by some virus thing in the middle of the season.. A breath of of fresh air. He just seems to love the game and life.

I don't think, for a second, this team is in putrid condition going forward. They are kinda set up perfectly for another big run if things are done right.

And who is gonna bet that bill won't get this team rocking with all the draft picks and large amount of cap room next year.

And if we don't go get Watson, I'm all in on Cam. He has been so fun to watch, on and off the field and should only get better with a year in this system under his belt and not derailed by some virus thing in the middle of the season.. A breath of of fresh air. He just seems to love the game and life.
Agreed. This is a rebuild year...no matter who thinks otherwise. It just is. More like a soft-rebuild, or, rebuild on the fly.

You still have not explained the counter argument? You are optimistic about the team going forward which is fine but how it that a counter argument to the Brady hate on this thread?

You still have not explained the counter argument? You are optimistic about the team going forward which is fine but how it that a counter argument to the Brady hate on this thread?

i wasn't. I was countering your argument that this team is putrid which it's not.

A lot of good young talent on this team to build around with large amounts of cap space and draft picks with which to do so.

At my last job, I would get upset all the time because more was expected of me than others. Why? Because I could and would do more. The same with Tom. You cannot truly believe he is the GOAT and then expect him to judged next to mere mortals? If you are the best, there really isn't a comparison. And just so you know, I do feel abandoned. Sure Tom had every right to do it, and I don't blame him for that. That doesn't mean I have to like it. Come back after you retire GOAT.

Brady was extremely important to the Pats. This should be very obvious. He did do a metric shit-ton "here". I will never hate him. But, he got tired of the same situation. I don't blame him for moving on. His last year, however, grew into a festering boil of unprofessionalism. He needed to move on. Understandable. I won't root for him in TB, but, he did amazing things in NE.

At my last job, I would get upset all the time because more was expected of me than others. Why? Because I could and would do more. The same with Tom. You cannot truly believe he is the GOAT and then expect him to judged next to mere mortals? If you are the best, there really isn't a comparison. And just so you know, I do feel abandoned. Sure Tom had every right to do it, and I don't blame him for that. That doesn't mean I have to like it. Come back after you retire GOAT.

Yes, This. I feel like a jilted lover but I have always wanted the best for my loves if they moved on to something better. I wish him well and he always be the GOAT and one of my favorite players of all time that brought such incredible memories but he ain't here anymore so I ain't pulling out all the stops to back him with his new love any more than I would for a an ex-girlfriend.

Last edited:
Yes, This. I feel like a jilted lover but I have always wanted the best for my loves if moved on to something better. I wish him well and he always be the GOAT and one o my favorite players of all time that brought such incredible memories but he ain't here anymore so I ain't pulling out all the stops to back him with his new love any more than I would for a an ex-girlfriend.
lol...I'm not like that. Nope. Never will be either. hehehe...

Wow. I don't think I have ever seen this level of hate on any message board. Much less toward the greatest player in NFL history. No wonder other fanbases think we are petulant, spoiled rotten and tragically myopic.

How is there hatred?

Seriously, where is it? Disliking Brady for how he acted last year should naturally influence many to hope he fails this year.

He’s still the GOAT. I still love the guy for what he did.

But honestly, why should I want him to succeed for another team when his departure was so petulant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You lost me. What counter argument?

The counter argument is that he is human and makes mistakes. As such his actions has soured the fan base given his shitty attitude and uncharacteristic behavior from his part in his last year. This goes from his tantrums on the sideline, shunning young receivers and missing OTAs (which would be unheard of years prior). He is the GOAT and he will always be held to a higher standard, so critizism is warranted given he had a spotless record before hand. It's easier to pinpoint what went south considering none of the stuff he pulled on his last year were ever present in previous years.

Maybe it is the 4-6 season just after he left or how horrible Cam has been replacing him, I don't know but the anger of some Pats fans toward him is off the charts. Not sure why it is hard for folks to understand that after 20 years he got fed up and burnt out. He is hardly the first Patriot to fray under Bill yet the only one that lasted 20 years and took pay discounts and brought us 6 championships. Why he is held to this standard of perfection I will never know. The guy is human. He played out his contract, moved on, never bad mouthed the org, and seems pretty happy in Tampa and for some reason that is really irking Pats fans like it is his fault somehow that Bill left the team in this putrid condition.

Show us one Patriot fan showing true anger. Hawg certainly isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The counter argument is that he is human and makes mistakes. As such his actions has soured the fan base given his shitty attitude and uncharacteristic behavior from his part in his last year. This goes from his tantrums on the sideline, shunning young receivers and missing OTAs (which would be unheard of years prior). He is the GOAT and he will always be held to a higher standard, so critizism is warranted given he had a spotless record before hand. It's easier to pinpoint what went south considering none of the stuff he pulled on his last year were ever present in previous years.
Seems a bit over the top given you are just focusing on his side and not the fact that Bill banned his trainer, benched Butler in SB 52 costing Brady a win in the best SB performance by a QB ever and denied him a contract extension after delivering his 6th SB at age 41. And of course you add to this the putrid skill positions he had last year and you can see why, just maybe why his attitude changed and he became frustrated.
When you yourself state that his record had been spotless beforehand which means the 19 years prior there is usually a good reason or this case REASONS why it happened. I think mature fans understand the relationship between him and Bill and the org soured after almost two decades and that there is blame on both sides or maybe no blame but just time to part ways after such a long time together. But maturity has never been the trademark of Boston fans.

Seems a bit over the top given you are just focusing on his side and not the fact that Bill banned his trainer, benched Butler in SB 52 costing Brady a win in the best SB performance by a QB ever and denied him a contract extension after delivering his 6th SB at age 41. And of course you add to this the putrid skill positions he had last year and you can see why, just maybe why his attitude changed and he became frustrated.
When you yourself state that his record had been spotless beforehand which means the 19 years prior there is usually a good reason or this case REASONS why it happened. I think mature fans understand the relationship between him and Bill and the org soured after almost two decades and that there is blame on both sides or maybe no blame but just time to part ways after such a long time together. But maturity has never been the trademark of Boston fans.

Yeah, Guerrero is a snake oil salesman for the most part with OK ideas and he was starting to take over the training room so I don't blame Bill on that one.

Butler, being held out I don't believe in any way affected that SB.

And skill positions last year did Tom in? I don't think so. Bill wanted to cut him loose 2 seasons prior to him leaving but Bob put the the Kibosh on that as I understand it.

Tom was never coming back and in my opinion and completely checked out last year after having a kinda shitty attitude even the year prior.

He was just not the same guy for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Well here is the human thing I am talking about. Frustration. Someone mentioned that its like at their job where they are better than everyone and is expected to perform more. Yeah I think most can relate to that, but sometimes your job puts people around you that do not have the same dedication to the job as you do, and it causes your work to suffer a bit. This causes frustration and sometimes that frustration can make you upset and at some point might want you to find another job. Especially when the work you do is being put down by others on a constant basis even though its better than what would be there if you were not there. Thats the human part. Frustration, emotion, and being competitive. At times fans
expect players to not be human beings. They are. As far as Cam, and the analogy. He couldnt get a job, he was not as good as you to do that work, but he took the job because he had to and he has to hold onto it to have a career and he is going to be on his best behavior ever, no matter what happens, and when things go bad. He will just go into feel sorry for me, I'm trying mode and I will smile and make people like me because really, I just have to keep the job, not be expected to win this year like every year no matter what.

As far as Bill and Brady, I think they have great respect for one another, but it was time to break up and go separate ways. Brady is 43, its silly to go through a rebuild if you still want to play at a high level and win, and Bill is rebuilding and whats the point of having a 43 year old QB who still wants to win when you have to rebuild. I do not get the finger pointing at either to be honest.

I posted that but want to state, I did not say I was better, I said I did more.

Back