Has Brady Lost His Mojo?

I know this guy isn't a member of Our Team anymore, or if it's bad manners to discuss players on other teams (except for Random Football News), but our long lost QB has been playing like dog shit for the Bucs. He said he'd retire when he couldn't cut it anymore, but has said he doesn't plan to retire after this season. So whaddya think? Should he bow out now before he craps all over his legend, or is this year simply growing pains of moving to a new team/new coaches/new teammates/new playbook, etc. and he'll be back to playing great again next year? Opinions, please.
:patslogo26:

Yeah, Guerrero is a snake oil salesman for the most part with OK ideas and he was starting to take over the training room so I don't blame Bill on that one.

Butler, being held out I don't believe in any way affected that SB.

And skill positions last year did Tom in? I don't think so. Bill wanted to cut him loose 2 seasons prior to him leaving but Bob put the the Kibosh on that as I understand it.

Tom was never coming back and in my opinion completely checked out last ear after having a kinda shitty attitude even the year prior.

He was just not the same guy for whatever reason.
That is YOUR view. That is not how Brady felt which is what we are talking about. If you think all those things should not have bothered him than I don't know what to tell you. That is not how life works.

I have to chuckle every time someone talks about his supposedly crappy attitude in 2018. He delivered us the 6th ring and outdueled Mahomes at his place. I will take that awful attitude every year on the way to the Lombardi.

That is YOUR view. That is not how Brady felt which is what we are talking about. If you think all those things should not have bothered him than I don't know what to tell you. That is not how life works.

I have to chuckle every time someone talks about his supposedly crappy attitude in 2018. He delivered us the 6th ring and outdueled Mahomes at his place. I will take that awful attitude every year on the way to the Lombardi.

Agreed about his performance in 2018 but he was the same guy in attitude.

Seems a bit over the top given you are just focusing on his side and not the fact that Bill banned his trainer, benched Butler in SB 52 costing Brady a win in the best SB performance by a QB ever and denied him a contract extension after delivering his 6th SB at age 41. And of course you add to this the putrid skill positions he had last year and you can see why, just maybe why his attitude changed and he became frustrated.
When you yourself state that his record had been spotless beforehand which means the 19 years prior there is usually a good reason or this case REASONS why it happened. I think mature fans understand the relationship between him and Bill and the org soured after almost two decades and that there is blame on both sides or maybe no blame but just time to part ways after such a long time together. But maturity has never been the trademark of Boston fans.

That is your view of seeing things. People will see it in different ways. That is why people tend to have different opinions.

BB benching Butler to spite Brady is one of the biggest reaches I've ever heard. I really doubt BB was looking to get back as his QB by benching a player from other side of the ball.

:coffee:

I'm not an affiliate or pushing his overpriced stuff fwiw...

Brady now acting like a sore loser. He got everything he wanted . When he left Patriots . one final big contract. The best offense loaded with Playmaking WRs in TB.

Last edited:

He had such crappy weapons in 2018 that we won a SB despite that, eh?
Thanks to a phenomenal defense in the SB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They're alarming stats. The worry for Tampa has to be how will Tom hold up in the playoffs. If his play is degrading now, before Thanksgiving, how will he fare in January?

They're alarming stats. The worry for Tampa has to be how will Tom hold up in the playoffs. If his play is degrading now, before Thanksgiving, how will he fare in January?
Yeah i was thinking about late season weardown too. he's in phenomenal condition and is playing in better weather, so it may not be much for him.

There's a clear difference in passer rating, accounted for by completion percentage, average yards per pass and interceptions. The passer rating is particularly hard on interceptions.

Back