Has Brady Lost His Mojo?

I know this guy isn't a member of Our Team anymore, or if it's bad manners to discuss players on other teams (except for Random Football News), but our long lost QB has been playing like dog shit for the Bucs. He said he'd retire when he couldn't cut it anymore, but has said he doesn't plan to retire after this season. So whaddya think? Should he bow out now before he craps all over his legend, or is this year simply growing pains of moving to a new team/new coaches/new teammates/new playbook, etc. and he'll be back to playing great again next year? Opinions, please.
:patslogo26:

After KC, their schedule is cake the last 4 games and they also have the bye after KC. So maybe they pull out a win vs the Chiefs just because the Chiefs defense is really bad and then the bye and 4 easy games. They should finish with either 11 or 12 wins and hopefully have more unity in the offense with AB and also get healthy. The late bye should also help Brady as well.

When I look at Tampa, I see a team that is still figuring things out on both sides of the ball. They really need to play press man and scrap zone defense altogether. They also need a legit pass catching RB which is what McCoy was. Fournette and Jones are just not that good but I did notice Brady using AB more in that role vs Rams. Their offensive game plan was very good against the Rams given that D held Wilson to 16 points. Their defense just gave up way too many big plays and didn't switch to man until the second half.

I doubt they are able to make a legit playoff run this year but I am happy that Brady should over take Brees for the TD record by season's end and finish the season with around 35-38 TDs which will most likely never be broken by any QB at age 43. I am really enjoying watching him play at this level at this age in a brand new offense. He is having his bumps which is to be expected but right now he is having one of his top 3 best seasons of his career. Even with the weapons in Tampa, no one predicted that just because of the all hurdles adjusting to a new team, city, teammates and coach.

Their D is doing great but on offense they definitely have some figuring to do.
What would you say if I told you Tampa has the 2nd ranked defense in the NFL right now?
I doubt their DC needs much advice from fans about how they should play. In the past, a top defense almost guaranteed TFB would play in the SB. Not this year though.

TB12 has the #1 ranked receiving corps in the league (1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The NFL's top 10 receiving corps heading into 2020). That ranking was before the addition of ABrown. More surprising, Arians has been openly critical of TB12 after games multiple times. It appears TB12 isn't having the success with his receivers he should be having. In fact, his receivers only rank 15th in the league in terms of production (Premium Stats) and their record is 6-4. Something isn't adding up.

And I think I found the biggest problem with Tampa's offense. In adjusted completion %, TB12 ranks 35th so far this year. Drops are Tampa's big issues and that's on the receivers. It turns out that the NFL's best receiving corps is making the GOAT look bad!

You think he's having one of his top 3 seasons? Really?!?
No matter how you measure it, this isn't possible considering the 6 SB seasons he had in NE and 2-3 others that were off the charts good.

Their D is doing great but on offense they definitely have some figuring to do.
What would you say if I told you Tampa has the 2nd ranked defense in the NFL right now?
I doubt their DC needs much advice from fans about how they should play. In the past, a top defense almost guaranteed TFB would play in the SB. Not this year though.

TB12 has the #1 ranked receiving corps in the league (1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The NFL's top 10 receiving corps heading into 2020). That ranking was before the addition of ABrown. More surprising, Arians has been openly critical of TB12 after games multiple times. It appears TB12 isn't having the success with his receivers he should be having. In fact, his receivers only rank 15th in the league in terms of production (Premium Stats) and their record is 6-4. Something isn't adding up.

And I think I found the biggest problem with Tampa's offense. In adjusted completion %, TB12 ranks 35th so far this year. Drops are Tampa's big issues and that's on the receivers. It turns out that the NFL's best receiving corps is making the GOAT look bad!

You think he's having one of his top 3 seasons? Really?!?
No matter how you measure it, this isn't possible considering the 6 SB seasons he had in NE and 2-3 others that were off the charts good.
Tampa is a team that is wildly inconsistent. They look like world beaters one week and then pedestrian the next week. A lot of it is people getting used to playing with each other and used to the coaches. I have been surprised how well the offense has clicked at times with no off-season due to Covid. I think what is really hurting them is McCoy going down and not having a legit pass catching RB. The receiving corp had a ton of injuries the first half of the season which has somewhat muted their production even though they are 6th in points. The defense is frustrating because for some reason Bowles thinks zone is the way to go at times and they don't have the LBs for that. They are beastly when they play press man. Hopefully he goes more with that these last few games and into the playoffs.

Brady is having one of his top seasons statistically. He is on pace for 35+ TDs and 4200+ yards. And I have to emphasize this again because it bears repeating over and over - he is 43! He is on a new team in a brand new system and he is putting up numbers that are mind boggling and unlikely to ever be matched.

Tampa is a team that is wildly inconsistent. They look like world beaters one week and then pedestrian the next week. A lot of it is people getting used to playing with each other and used to the coaches. I have been surprised how well the offense has clicked at times with no off-season due to Covid. I think what is really hurting them is McCoy going down and not having a legit pass catching RB. The receiving corp had a ton of injuries the first half of the season which has somewhat muted their production even though they are 6th in points. The defense is frustrating because for some reason Bowles thinks zone is the way to go at times and they don't have the LBs for that. They are beastly when they play press man. Hopefully he goes more with that these last few games and into the playoffs.

Brady is having one of his top seasons statistically. He is on pace for 35+ TDs and 4200+ yards. And I have to emphasize this again because it bears repeating over and over - he is 43! He is on a new team in a brand new system and he is putting up numbers that are mind boggling and unlikely to ever be matched.

Christ, is this how we used to look to other fanbases when Captain Classy was here???

Christ, is this how we used to look to other fanbases when Captain Classy was here???

Shocking how closely she follows the Bucs versus the Patriots, eh? Some people are just more Brady fans than Patriot fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TB is 6-4 with the 2nd best defense by DVOA in the league. You play to win the game. We're not measuring TB12 by PManning standards here at the Planet.

All I can really say is if the Bucs don't run the table, they will have a worse record than the 2019 Patriots.

TB is 6-4 with the 2nd best defense by DVOA in the league. You play to win the game. We're not measuring TB12 by PManning standards here at the Planet.
He is 7-4 but you can measure him however you want. Given all the talk last year about how father time had caught up with him and he had lost it, it is gratifying to watch him have a great statistical season this year while the Pats have shown that it was in fact their crappy skillset guys that were the issue last year.

BTW, I did not read any media yesterday given the holiday and today I go on the Boston sports and all of them have Brady/Tampa stories at the top. Seems even our media would rather cover Brady then our own team. I don't blame them.

He is 7-4 but you can measure him however you want. Given all the talk last year about how father time had caught up with him and he had lost it, it is gratifying to watch him have a great statistical season this year while the Pats have shown that it was in fact their crappy skillset guys that were the issue last year.

BTW, I did not read any media yesterday given the holiday and today I go on the Boston sports and all of them have Brady/Tampa stories at the top. Seems even our media would rather cover Brady then our own team. I don't blame them.
7-4 is right. My bad.

Losing it bc of father time has never been a point of discussion here. It was all about his openly sour puss attitude.

7-4 is right. My bad.

Losing it bc of father time has never been a point of discussion here. It was all about his openly sour puss attitude.
There were plenty of posts about his play and age last year. I agree about his attitude. I hated it too but I also understood it even moreso now watching our putrid offense perform with a different QB.

There's some speculation that Arians is on his way out and Josh McD may be offered the Tampa HC job for next year.
Would McD even want to reunite with Brady? I say it's click bait.

I wasn't looking to compare TB12 to Cam but since you insist.

So far this year Cam has a better adjusted completion % than TB12.
Cam ranks 12th (80.6%) and TB12 ranks 35th (75.3%).
It's in the link in the original post you quoted.

I wasn't looking to compare TB12 to Cam but since you insist.

So far this year Cam has a better adjusted completion % than TB12.
Cam ranks 12th (80.6%) and TB12 ranks 35th (75.3%).
It's in the link in the original post you quoted.
Is that the extent of your comparison? Lol. I Imagine there is a lot more to compare. Also considering the difference between safe throws because we don't trust you to here is the full playbook. When does this silly thread end, after Brady has a good game?

Back