Has Brady Lost His Mojo?

I know this guy isn't a member of Our Team anymore, or if it's bad manners to discuss players on other teams (except for Random Football News), but our long lost QB has been playing like dog shit for the Bucs. He said he'd retire when he couldn't cut it anymore, but has said he doesn't plan to retire after this season. So whaddya think? Should he bow out now before he craps all over his legend, or is this year simply growing pains of moving to a new team/new coaches/new teammates/new playbook, etc. and he'll be back to playing great again next year? Opinions, please.
:patslogo26:

He's pretty much the same as he was last year and year before, imo. Still capable of great games/series, but prone to wtf throws/decisions quite unlike the entire rest of his career. he now has better weather and talent around him so that helps. physically he's lost nothing, imo. this is probably why he feels he can keep on playing at his standard. it's the quickness and accuracy of his decision making that has gone downhill.
keep in mind the Bucs have only 2 fewer losses than the Pats even with their advantage in offensive talent.
he will absolutely not retire after this year though. that's a lock. he'll want to play vs. the Pats in 2021.

I think as the season continues, it's the Saints who will just get stronger in that division, even with Brees out. Great coach, defense and they have real weapons up front with Kamera a real superstar who does it all. They already have the tie break having beaten the Bucs twice.

NFC is still wide open though. The Packers, Seahawks, Rams etc, no team looks stellar.

I think it is fine to have a thread for Brady (and his decline) and to keep all the creep about him out of Patriots threads.
Thanks, boss. I knew it was protocol to not intermingle stuff about other teams with Patriots messaging, but I did think TB left a big enough footprint around here for people to have an opinion about him now. And is it coincidence that the Patriots too aren't playing all that great this season? Is there a correlation? Both the player and his old team seem to be struggling with the change. We're going to need a new QB to turn this around. No disrespect to Cam - he is doing his best - but he's pretty beat up himself at this point.

I think as the season continues, it's the Saints who will just get stronger in that division, even with Brees out. Great coach, defense and they have real weapons up front with Kamera a real superstar who does it all. They already have the tie break having beaten the Bucs twice.

NFC is still wide open though. The Packers, Seahawks, Rams etc, no team looks stellar.
IMO Saints have played pretty well the last few years. It's the Steelers who are the big weenars from our QB loss. Still unbeaten. That used to be our honor. An oldtroll ought to be delighted about this.

For me, the Superbowl is the Chiefs to lose. Mahomes is barely getting out of 1st gear and when he has to, he morphs into Michael Jordan mentality and just pulls the win out. Yes, the Titans may give the Chiefs a headache in a Div round game and a Chiefs-Steelers AFCCG would be a good one, but you would still back Mahomes to win.

He's still better than Scam...but, yes. :coffee:

Yeah, the eye test...but might want to slow that roll a bit.

Actually in the last 3 weeks, Cam has not only been better than Brady, he's also been better than all but 3 QBs in the league in terms of QB efficiency (completion %) and expected points added per play.
Only Mahomes, Cousins and Herbert have a higher efficiency and EPA in the last 3 weeks. Cam's ahead of Rodgers, RWilson, JAllen, DWatson, KMurray, Brady, Carr, Roethlisberger, Rivers...
and Cam has done it with an empty stable of +WRs and TEs. Give Cam the weapons those QBs have and dream. Yes, it's only a 3 week window but added to his first few games & it shows how good Cam has been for us and good he can be.

If Cam continues to improve at anything close to the rate he's shown, I wouldn't be surprised if he's our QB for the next 1-2 years and maybe more. Get him weapons and I'm good with that.

Lets be frank, if Newton had Evans, Godwin, Gronk, AB and then a player like Fournette and Jones II, you'd see a different scenario.

Cam is not perfect, his mechanics do need some work and his pocket awareness does also. But he's a hell of a QB fundamentally and another full season next year with better talent, he could have a very good run.

That Covid break remains a bizarre occurrence. Something happened, whether it was mental or physical, that seemed to stop him dead in his tracks for the two games after he returned.

Lets be frank, if Newton had Evans, Godwin, Gronk, AB and then a player like Fournette and Jones II, you'd see a different scenario.

Cam is not perfect, his mechanics do need some work and his pocket awareness does also. But he's a hell of a QB fundamentally and another full season next year with better talent, he could have a very good run.

That Covid break remains a bizarre occurrence. Something happened, whether it was mental or physical, that seemed to stop him dead in his tracks for the two games after he returned.

Nice post. I wrote almost the exact same thing elsewhere this morning. :)

But but but, isn't that what we said about TFB last year?

I will have to disagree on Cam. At times he does well and at others he just doesn't seem to have awareness and his release of the ball can be awful. Sure he doesn't have the overall talent at WR or TE, but it's more than that. He just seems to be a split second late too often when it comes to decision making.

TFB, for all the talent around him, seems to have lost his ability to beat the pressure coming straight at hem, like he used to.

Brady’s 43 of course he’s declined.

The question is can he take a loaded team to a super bowl. I still think he can.

The play calling down there isn’t helping. Even in his prime I held my breath when he went deep to anyone not named Moss. He’s always needed to get in rhythm with short easy quick passes. They are calling plays to try to get 40 yard chunks. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Arians is at it again! Throwing Tom under another bus. This is not going to end well is it.

“The first one he got hit,” Arians said regarding Brady’s first pick. “It looked like he had Chris [Godwin] going right down the middle, stepped up and just didn’t get enough on it with the pressure. The last one was just a misread of the coverage.”

And misreads of coverage, per Arians, are something that cannot continue to happen.

“I thought [offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich] called a good ballgame. We just have to execute better. When guys are open, we have to hit them and we can’t misread coverage.”

Back