Has Brady Lost His Mojo?

I know this guy isn't a member of Our Team anymore, or if it's bad manners to discuss players on other teams (except for Random Football News), but our long lost QB has been playing like dog shit for the Bucs. He said he'd retire when he couldn't cut it anymore, but has said he doesn't plan to retire after this season. So whaddya think? Should he bow out now before he craps all over his legend, or is this year simply growing pains of moving to a new team/new coaches/new teammates/new playbook, etc. and he'll be back to playing great again next year? Opinions, please.
:patslogo26:

Is that the extent of your comparison? Lol. I Imagine there is a lot more to compare. Also considering the difference between safe throws because we don't trust you to here is the full playbook. When does this silly thread end, after Brady has a good game?

Isn't passing what you asked for? YOU: "I know you like to compare Cam, so where do the pats rank on pass this year...?"
If you want more, look it up yourself.

Also, last year's DVOA was bolstered by all those bad teams we played in the first 10 games of the year.
Just for the record, in the last 6 games last year when it mattered most with TB12 at QB, the Pats were 1-4 in 1 score games and 2-4 overall in those last 6 games. 1-4!
The losses were to Houston, KC, Miami and Tennessee. The win was against Buffalo (the other win was the blowout of Cincy).

This year Cam has a better adjusted completion % than TB12 so the numbers don't say we'd be any better with TB12 at QB than with Cam. And that's with Cam missing 2 weeks bc of COVID. From that standpoint, TB12 bailed at the right time and Cam is actually doing better than anyone should have expected. Compare this year to how TB12 did last year when we needed it most down the stretch. 2-4 in the last 6 games last year should have been a good forewarning of what was to come this year, especially with no money to do anything about it.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Isn't passing what you asked for? YOU: "I know you like to compare Cam, so where do the pats rank on pass this year...?"
If you want more, look it up yourself.

Also, last year's DVOA was bolstered by all those bad teams we played in the first 10 games of the year.
Just for the record, in the last 6 games last year when it mattered most with TB12 at QB, the Pats were 1-4 in 1 score games and 2-4 overall in those last 6 games. 1-4!
The losses were to Houston, KC, Miami and Tennessee. The win was against Buffalo (the other win was the blowout of Cincy).

This year Cam has a better adjusted completion % than TB12 so the numbers don't say we'd be any better with TB12 at QB than with Cam. And that's with Cam missing 2 weeks bc of COVID. From that standpoint, TB12 bailed at the right time and Cam is actually doing better than anyone should have expected. Compare this year to how TB12 did last year when we needed it most down the stretch. 2-4 in the last 6 games last year should have been a good forewarning of what was to come this year, especially with no money to do anything about it.

Here are a few more offensive stats comparing the Pats and the Bucs:
This year in total yards gained the Pats rank 16th and the Bucs rank 18th.
Avg yds/play: Pats 15; Bucs 20th
Passing net/play: 17th to 21st
1st downs: 9th to 15th
3rd down efficiency: 11th to 13th
and that's with all those weapons TB12 has in Tampa.

I think Cam has performed pretty damn well to be honest.

McDaniels is going to be the Pats HC unfortunately. Bill will be here next year and possibly the year after and then after that the transition to McD happens in all likelihood.

Last edited:
I don't see Bill going anywhere for a good little while. Sorry your luck guys.

But like has been said It is absolutely ludicrous to wanana ditch a coach of his magnitude that just won the SB 2 years ago. I mean what the hell, Just about every every team in the league would choose him over their coaches, especially for a rebuild. He does it every here to large degree. THe roster turnover is incredible every year and yet they are almost always in the hunt.

Jeez!

Last edited:
Teddy Bruschi made a very good point when talking about Brady's struggles of late. Arians is a big part of it.

“I think there is a combination of two things that is holding the Tampa Bay offense back and also Brady in terms of his success and one is Bruce Arians because the guy is just stubborn,” Bruschi said, via WEEI’s Ordway, Merloni & Fauria. “Tom is in the middle of a team with a head coach that our old Patriots teams would love going up against team like this. They have the philosophy of we do what we do and we’re just going to do it, we’re better than you, we think our players are better so go ahead and do what you want I’m still going to throw my deep routes and all this and all of that. We would just adjust to it and take it away know that they still force it in there and we would pick it off. We would do something like that. Bruce Arians and that type of stubbornness …
I think that's a very perceptive analysis. The stubbornness of the head coach who will just persist in what he believes the strategy should be and refuses to adjust. That's a key difference between Bill and so many other coaches. Bill is not arrogant enough to refuse to change tactics or strategy, even mid-game.

I think Tom's sending Arians a message. "If you put in a deep pass play I'm not going to throw it to them!"
"Particularly, if it's Jakobi Myers or one of the other receivers I was referring to last year when I publicly asked about my receiving options, "How do you expect we to win with this crap?" What a great teammate...

Q: Have you ever had a chance to spent time with Larry Fitzgerald? If you have, what have been some of your impressions of him as a person and as a player?

BB:
Yeah, well I’ve spent quite a bit of time with Larry. Larry’s a very dedicated football player. He works extremely hard. He’s very knowledgeable in all phases of the game, but particularly the passing game and techniques, training, fundamentals. He’s, I would say, to receivers what Peyton Manning was to quarterbacks in terms of that type of total obsession of knowing everything about the position and how to do things and how to convey those to his teammates.

Awonder.jpg

Lol. Bill is so butt hurt over Brady leaving him.
Guess it is Bill that needs "to get over it" and build a bridge. Maybe Tom can lend him his 4 agreements book.

Last edited:
Don't think he's butthurt as he wanted to move on 3 years ago as is my understanding.
He had a transition for sure as Brady was late 30s but Brady outlasted his window taking the team to 3 super bowls in a row. Reports this year said Bill was surprised Brady left. Makes sense given he had no plan at Qb.

He had a transition for sure as Brady was late 30s but Brady outlasted his window taking the team to 3 super bowls in a row. Reports this year said Bill was surprised Brady left. Makes sense given he had no plan at Qb.

I don't think I've seen those reports but OK, fair enough.

Back