Has Brady Lost His Mojo?

I know this guy isn't a member of Our Team anymore, or if it's bad manners to discuss players on other teams (except for Random Football News), but our long lost QB has been playing like dog shit for the Bucs. He said he'd retire when he couldn't cut it anymore, but has said he doesn't plan to retire after this season. So whaddya think? Should he bow out now before he craps all over his legend, or is this year simply growing pains of moving to a new team/new coaches/new teammates/new playbook, etc. and he'll be back to playing great again next year? Opinions, please.
:patslogo26:

Arians is probably going to exit with a golden shower, I mean, parachute. I could see McD getting the gig there actually. :coffee:
McD will be coaching the Pats within 2 years.

I do think James White ends up in Tampa unless the Pats blow him away with an offer.

McD will be coaching the Pats within 2 years.

I do think James White ends up in Tampa unless the Pats blow him away with an offer.
I don't know if Brady will still be in TB. It don't look like he's having fun anymore. His HC keeps blaming him for loses in media. He has a few times acted like a sore loser . By refusing to shake the other QB hand.b

I'm sorry for Tom that he didn't end up in SF with the Niners. He would have wanted that more than anything I think and I think he would have worked better with Shanahan there compared to Arians in Tampa.

You're right in saying he doesn't seem overly happy in Tampa. I wouldn't fancy playing for Arians either based on what we've seen from him.

I don't know if Brady will still be in TB. It don't look like he's having fun anymore. His HC keeps blaming him for loses in media. He has a few times acted like a sore loser . By refusing to shake the other QB hand.b
He seems pretty happy to me based on his comments with Jim Gray every week. He said he wants to finish his career in Tampa and that the org has treated him unbelievably. Would not surprise me to see them extend him this off-season and spread the cap so they can add some more pieces.

He's always been a sore loser just like Bill. LOL You won't find two people on the face of the earth that want to win more than those two.

While TB may be telling the truth, he may also be putting a good face on things. a guy who was supposedly upset with BB not throwing bouquets at him, i can't see him happy with how Arians verbally abuses him in the media.

Just listened to Brady's interview this week with Gray. He talked about the weather and how he has not had a day of practice under 70 degrees which has helped his body to feel really good this season. That is something that will be big for him not only this year but the rest of his career as he is getting older. I remember Marino saying how much the Florida sunshine helped his shoulder feel great late in the year as he got into his mid 30s.

While TB may be telling the truth, he may also be putting a good face on things. a guy who was supposedly upset with BB not throwing bouquets at him, i can't see him happy with how Arians verbally abuses him in the media.
I think for Brady it was much more about the lack of team around him and not getting the contract extension vs. the hard coaching. Brady has never minded hard coaching which is why I don't think Arians post-game comments are bothering him very much. The team gave him a fully guaranteed 2 year contract at age 43 and then went out and got him all the players he wanted - Gronk, Fournette, AB and also drafted 2 studs in the draft in Wirfs to protect him and Winfield in the secondary. They are still a very young team in the secondary. There is a process to winning for a team that has been losing for almost two decades. I don't think Tom went in there thinking they would be 11-0 right now. They are in good position to make a run at the playoffs over the next 4 weeks which will be invaluable for a team so mired in losing.

@mazz,
i'm not sure he would have taken an extension with the Pats. but i'm sure he is personally happy. maybe that makes him shrug off arian's b.s. more easily.

@mazz,
i'm not sure he would have taken an extension with the Pats. but i'm sure he is personally happy. maybe that makes him shrug off arian's b.s. more easily.
According to reports which you do have to take with a grain of salt, he wanted extension after the 2017 season and the 2018 season. It would make sense as the Pats had traded Jimmy and had no succession plan at QB. That is why his exit is so head scratching IMO. I don't necessarily have any issue with Bill wanting to move on from a 42 year old QB even the GOAT but we literally have no replacement and were forced to sign awful Newton and punt this season. Would have made much more sense to extend Brady and then find the QB while he was still here.

According to reports which you do have to take with a grain of salt, he wanted extension after the 2017 season and the 2018 season. It would make sense as the Pats had traded Jimmy and had no succession plan at QB. That is why his exit is so head scratching IMO. I don't necessarily have any issue with Bill wanting to move on from a 42 year old QB even the GOAT but we literally have no replacement and were forced to sign awful Newton and punt this season. Would have made much more sense to extend Brady and then find the QB while he was still here.

It would be very difficult to keep paying Brady then have his replacement just sitting there waiting it out. They would either have to dedicate a large amount of cap space for Brady and his back up (which is part of the reason they shipped off Garoppolo), or get lucky in the draft. Cam was basically the next best option considering how little cap space there was.

I think for Brady it was much more about the lack of team around him and not getting the contract extension vs. the hard coaching. Brady has never minded hard coaching which is why I don't think Arians post-game comments are bothering him very much. The team gave him a fully guaranteed 2 year contract at age 43 and then went out and got him all the players he wanted - Gronk, Fournette, AB and also drafted 2 studs in the draft in Wirfs to protect him and Winfield in the secondary. They are still a very young team in the secondary. There is a process to winning for a team that has been losing for almost two decades. I don't think Tom went in there thinking they would be 11-0 right now. They are in good position to make a run at the playoffs over the next 4 weeks which will be invaluable for a team so mired in losing.
No player appreciates being called out in front of the media. That's a firm no-no. You do it in private, away from the public, that's fine, but not hurling players under the bus like Brucie-Baby is wont to do.

Now if you're saying Brady doesn't really care what Arians thinks as he doesn't really respect him, I can buy that I think.

No player appreciates being called out in front of the media. That's a firm no-no. You do it in private, away from the public, that's fine, but not hurling players under the bus like Brucie-Baby is wont to do.
I agree but Arians has also heaped praise on him too publicly. He has always been that kind of coach. I do wonder if he and Brady may have talked about shielding the team and having Brady take the criticism. Brady insinuated this to McGinest during a recent interview that he told Arians to hold him accountable so the whole team would be accountable. I think if it was anything that really bothered Brady it would have stopped. They have done everything for him since he got there. Guaranteed contract, got him all his players. He seems really happy to me besides when he loses games. Lol

Last edited:
Back