Hello

shuggz

Reaction score
S'appenin people of patriotsplanet.com?

Im a coltsfan from the UK, I am a regular poster at www.coltfreaks.com - and I was told by WillieMac a.k.a Runnerone here to come by and check out this site - its a nice looking website you have here.

Oh well looking forward to the season opener Colts vs Pats and also talking some footy with you.

shuggz said:

Oh well looking forward to the season opener Colts vs Pats and also talking some footy with you.

Does anyone have an English to American translation dictionary??? :p

Welcome shuggz. (note: with the season almost upon us this is more than likely the last time I will be friendly to a Colts fan. :D )

So what part of the UK are you from?

Re: Re: Hello

mgoblue101415 said:
Does anyone have an English to American translation dictionary??? :p

Yeah....where's Oed when you need him? :D

Welcome shuggz - good to have ya aboard. Sorry about you being a Colts fan and all..... ;)

Welcome shuggz.....WHY the Colts of all teams???

Every self-respecting American football fan living in the UK is a Patriots fan. ;)

Originally posted by mgoblue101415
Does anyone have an English to American translation dictionary???

Welcome shuggz. (note: with the season almost upon us this is more than likely the last time I will be friendly to a Colts fan. )

So what part of the UK are you from?

Im from Wales - the little country next to England. Have you any other posters from the UK on this board, or any other Colts fans for that matter?

shuggz said:
Im from Wales - the little country next to England. Have you any other posters from the UK on this board, or any other Colts fans for that matter?

I don't think we have anyone currently living in the UK as an active member, but Oedipus Tex is from the UK.

We have a few colts fans that stopped by last year. I am sure we'll see some again as the season approaches.

Thanks for the Welcome mgoblue101415, Annihilus and Undertaker.

Originally posted by Undertaker #59
Welcome shuggz.....WHY the Colts of all teams???

Every self-respecting American football fan living in the UK is a Patriots fan.

Well I visited the US about 4-5 years ago for christmas, and the first ever game I watched was the Colts vs Dolphins - the Colts were losing at the time so I decided to root for the underdogs, I really enjoyed the game even though my team lost and my love for the NFL and the Colts grew from there i guess.

shuggz said:
Thanks for the Welcome mgoblue101415, Annihilus and Undertaker.

Well I visited the US about 4-5 years ago for christmas, and the first ever game I watched was the Colts vs Dolphins - the Colts were losing at the time so I decided to root for the underdogs, I really enjoyed the game even though my team lost and my love for the NFL and the Colts grew from there i guess.

We have a member named AndyWales who is a countryman, but he usually hangs around the chat room at Patriots.com, as do several other UK fans, who are a lot of fun and very dedicated--as you kind of have to be to follow a team when you get to see very few games.

Check out the UKpatriots.com website sometime for a little home cooking, but they are pretty slow this time of year as is everyone.

There is a post here, probably on the second page that is about a UK fan's perspective and UKpatriots.com, that you might find interesting.

Of course, please feel free to hang out here anytime as the opener with the Colts should be a pretty huge event and we expect a few of our Colt friends and trolls back for the rematch.

Welcome aboard.

Yeh I'll check it out now - thanks for the welcome Hawg

Yeh its becoming increasingly popular - there is more TV coverage than there was 2 or 3 years ago, now some stations show a game every week and every playoffgame. There are a few American football leagues here but they dont get much coverage at all.

I visited the US about 4-5 years ago for christmas, and the first ever game I watched was the Colts vs Dolphins - the Colts were losing at the time so I decided to root for the underdogs, I really enjoyed the game even though my team lost and my love for the NFL and the Colts grew from there i guess.

Ive been to the indystar forums before but I made www.coltfreaks.com my home b'cos there was a lot less trolls.

shuggz said:
Yeh its becoming increasingly popular - there is more TV coverage than there was 2 or 3 years ago, now some stations show a game every week and every playoffgame. There are a few American football leagues here but they dont get much coverage at all.

I visited the US about 4-5 years ago for christmas, and the first ever game I watched was the Colts vs Dolphins - the Colts were losing at the time so I decided to root for the underdogs, I really enjoyed the game even though my team lost and my love for the NFL and the Colts grew from there i guess.

Ive been to the indystar forums before but I made www.coltfreaks.com my home b'cos there was a lot less trolls.
Welcome shuggz! Always happy to "hear" someone speaking in an accent similar (to American Ears) to the one I've pretty much lost.

Welsh, eh? Is there a sheep emoticon on this site, guys? We might need it, if this guy stays around, particularly because he's a troll, after all.

You'll like it here across the digital pond. There's always some good cricket talk. ;)

Oedipus Tex said:
You'll like it here across the digital pond. There's always some good cricket talk. ;)

Especially when you start talking about wicked googlys (sp?)....that just gets us Americans all riled up ;)

shuggz said:

Im a coltsfan from the UK, I am a regular poster at www.coltfreaks.com - and I was told by WillieMac a.k.a Runnerone here to come by and check out this site - its a nice looking website you have here.

Glad to see you take the invite Shuggz. Bring some of your friends with you next time. We could have some fun leading up to 9/9/04! ;)

shuggz said:
Im from Wales - the little country next to England.
Had the United State not had such a liberal imigration policy back in the early 1900's, that's probably where I'd have been from.

On second thought, my parents would probably never have met had that been the case so I probably wouldn't be here at all. :confused: :)

Welcome.

Originally posted by Oedipus Tex
Welsh, eh? Is there a sheep emoticon on this site, guys? We might need it, if this guy stays around, particularly because he's a troll, after all.

:mad: ...The English original as ever...

Im not a troll - just ask Runnerone, Im not one of these pricks that thinks - we support different teams so we cant be civilised towards each other.

Originally posted by Oedipus Tex
You'll like it here across the digital pond. There's always some good cricket talk.

Pro cricket is coming to the states very soon - theres a league starting with teams from a few major cities all over the US...

Originally posted by runnerone
Glad to see you take the invite Shuggz. Bring some of your friends with you next time. We could have some fun leading up to 9/9/04!

Yeh...i'll try and get a few others to come over to this board...

Originally posted by Tiger_69
Had the United State not had such a liberal imigration policy back in the early 1900's, that's probably where I'd have been from.

On second thought, my parents would probably never have met had that been the case so I probably wouldn't be here at all.

Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome, Shuggz--
Welsh, eh?... Part of my clan is originally from Cranesdale, Wales... As a matter of fact, there is a crane on my family's coat of arms... I'm kind of into my geneology, so I thought that I'd share that... But, not un-like my good friend, Tigerr, if they hadn't immigrated to the U.S., then I probably wouldn't be here, as the other side of my family is of French and American Indian descent... Funny mix, huh?!... I take after the Welsh/Irish side of the family... For good, bad or otherwise... :toast:
That side of my family still owns the original family homestead in R.I., where they all landed... Come to think of it, this Sunday is my family reunion, so I guess that I'll be getting all re-newed with my clan... It is actually kinda cool, in my opinion... I love talking to the old timers and hearing their stories... That kind of oral history is priceless, don't 'cha think?... :)
But, the best part is that we have a geneology book that has EVERY member of the family in it, from the landing in R.I., all the way through to the birth of my eldest brother in 1954... Did I mention that I am really into my heritage?!... :D

Hi Peg, thanks for the welcome...

Boy oh boy you like to talk :D ... lol joke.

Yeh IMO Heritage is interesting too and btw its a good thing that you take after your welsh/Irish side of your family because nobody likes the French :D

I think Heritage is interesting because I am actually related to Tom Jones and Donny Osman (sp?) - Tom Jones is my grandmother's cousin and Ive only just found out that I am related to Donny because he rang up Tom because he had only just found out that their mum's are related somehow...?

Back