Help a brother out - the thread for dating tips

Yeah, I'm in Hawg's category.

I'm too old to have texted anyone for anything.

But, I agree that honesty is the best option.

If you're worried about putting her on the spot for that first "date", then leading out of the gate with it might be a good option.

If you do it low key, then you can be truthful and still minimize the burden on her.

I think it's a reasonable statement that you consider yourself "single" right now, and it's only the legal process that hasn't caught up with you.

Assuming that's true, then simply tell her that in so many words.

It's kinda cool when you open up a text and you see a chick nekkid...and I mean a real one too. Well, sometimes they "upgrade, or enhance"...but, still mostly real.

Count me in for the group too old to have been texting for anything - heck, I'm lucky I know how to use my cell phone, I don't text and have no idea how to do it -

I think that too many young people rely on texting - but that is me, I'm old-fashioned.

Telling her in person is best - plenty of good advice here.
Que sera, sera.

Gina

I text, but have never sext or sexted. Wahtever.

No female I've ever been involved with sent me nude shots via text, e-mail, US mail or carrier pigeon. Or magic owl. Check that......when I was a moderator I did get a topless shot from a former member here but it turned out to be a fake. It is with a small bit of ennui that I admit that ship has probably sailed, but some things about human nature never change.

Deep topics need what is called Social Context Cues to be fully understood. You get that from facial expression, pupil dilation, body language and/or the tears streaming down your cheeks. They way you present something that is deep, potentially serious or a phucking bombshell is going to resonate truth or bullshit based on all the preceding. The important stuff deserves a little presentation.

I hope that is the way it always is with human beings, or at least until clairvoyance becomes science and really screws the world up.

I text, but have never sext or sexted. Wahtever.

No female I've ever been involved with sent me nude shots via text, e-mail, US mail or carrier pigeon. Or magic owl. Check that......when I was a moderator I did get a topless shot from a former member here but it turned out to be a fake. It is with a small bit of ennui that I admit that ship has probably sailed, but some things about human nature never change.

Deep topics need what is called Social Context Cues to be fully understood. You get that from facial expression, pupil dilation, body language and/or the tears streaming down your cheeks. They way you present something that is deep, potentially serious or a phucking bombshell is going to resonate truth or bullshit based on all the preceding. The important stuff deserves a little presentation.

I hope that is the way it always is with human beings, or at least until clairvoyance becomes science and really screws the world up.

I'll sext you up big guy, if the lovely bride see them tell her I am Carl from All-State

I have a cell phone, but unless I'm traveling 30+ miles from home, it stays at home on my bureau. I hate it.

I'll sext you up big guy, if the lovely bride see them tell her I am Carl from All-State

Thanks, Mike, but another concerned citizen already did take pity on me and forwarded a few saucy shots to me from his inbox and I told her that they were from Jake from State Farm.

I don't want to go to that well too often.

Jake...dam I couldn't remember his name... long day I had just got home from work that started at 7 am.

well if you change your mind I can make you choke up and protect the plate handsome.

Yes we know.

And in addition to the non-texting, we also have some cash in our wallets.

Edit: I think I misunderstood your meaning. You're referring to physical cash and not spending habits, correct?

Yes we know.

And in addition to the non-texting, we also have some cash in our wallets.

Yes, and some of us prefer to deal with human beings at the bank to get the cash !

Gina

Can You Dig the Pig?

Primal Pig Mating Calls

Oink, Oink

Squeal Like a Pig

You Gotta Purdy Mouth

Dick Pics...The Untold Story

There's also: "Piggy Tells You How" and the screen adaptation
"Piggy Shows You How" :facepalm:

Can You Dig the Pig?

Primal Pig Mating Calls

Oink, Oink

Squeal Like a Pig

You Gotta Purdy Mouth

Dick Pics...The Untold Story
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mOZPRm5BW0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit: I think I misunderstood your meaning. You're referring to physical cash and not spending habits, correct?

Yes, hard currency and not simply a debit or credit card.

A few weeks ago I had to drop off a prescription for my wife at the local CVS.

The young woman behind the counter was a 20 something and she asked if I would wait and I told her that I had other errands to run and would be back in about an hour.

I ran my errands and went in to pick up the meds.

This is the conversation that followed.

CVS: "Oh sir, right after you left, our system went down and we can't fill your prescription until the computers come back up."

OPT: Well can you give me a few pills to tide us over? My wife needs the meds and she's run out.

CVS: Let me check.

The young woman went back and spoke with one of the pharmacists. Then she came back.

CVS: Can you pay cash?

OPT: Yeah, I'm an old guy, I have cash.

CVS: $8?

OPT: Yeah, I've got $8

So I got the full prescription simply because I had these green pieces of paper in my wallet.

Back