Help a brother out - the thread for dating tips

haha you guys are old.

:D

Right. Meaning that while we COULD handle the tech, we are all way too smart to get hooked on this shit because when the grid goes down all young people will immediately curl into a feotal ball while staring at their blank screens. A keening wail of anguish will encircle the globe, but it won't come from any of us.

For us dust farters it'll be business as usual.

All things in balance, junior. muse

Right. Meaning that while we COULD handle the tech, we are all way too smart to get hooked on this shit because when the grid goes down all young people will immediately curl into a feotal ball while staring at their blank screens. A keening wail of anguish will encircle the globe, but it won't come from any of us.

For us dust farters it'll be business as usual.

All things in balance, junior. muse
Insert coffee

Well I'm sitting here completely mind ****ed. I have no idea what to think right now and am both confused and oddly depressed.

The girl I referenced earlier in this thread. We started talking online 3 weeks ago and hit if off immediately. We both couldn't get over how well we got along and how many truly cute and random things we had in common. We started texting every day, sometimes for a few hours, and most of the conversations were amazing. It was clear that we were both into it. Within 2-3 days I scheduled a date for the 13th.

That morning she texts me and asks if we can reschedule for the weekend because she's really sick. I knew her roommate was just getting over a cold, so I agreed and we kept chatting. We texted that night so I don't think she blew me off to do something else. We texted all week but she still wasn't over the cold on Friday (stayed home from work with a fever), so we unofficially postponed again.

Fast forward to this past week. Everything is normal and we're having a fantastic conversation on Tuesday night. I tell her I want to see her this week and ask when she's free. After a long delay between texts, she suggests Friday. We resume our chat and she goes to bed shortly after. Wednesday night I text her and tell her I have a cool idea for an interactive date (we'd previously agreed to coffee but hadn't addressed what the plan was for this date). This was during a conversation around 8PM and I never heard from her again. Thursday morning she texts me when she's up and asks for details. I give them to her and we don't text much during the day. She finally confirms she'd prefer coffee since her week was long and tiring. Thursday night we text a bit and I make a firm suggestion of a time and place and never hear from her again.

Yesterday morning she texted me when she woke up and seemed to confirm the plans. Again we didn't text much during the day, but she did tell me that a coworker called in sick so she'd have to work until 5:30 instead of 1 as planned. Our plans were for around 7:30. Around 5:30 I text her to see how her day went and she tells me she isn't finished yet, and I hear back around 6:45 that she's on her way home. Fast forward and not too many texts until around 8:30 when she texts to say she is "so sorry about tonight" but that she got home around 8, ate and showered but still isn't near ready. I text back asking her if she'd still like to meet or if we should do something Saturday (today) instead. I never heard back.

It's 11 AM and she still hasn't texted me, while she's usually texted me by this time in the past.

I'm so completely confused. I have no idea what happened. Everything went so well with this girl. We clicked so well over texts and it's a complete mind **** that she seems to have blown me off completely without even meeting. And even in our texts just 3-4 days ago she made comments about the long-term (ie. converting each other on shows, trying pizza places together, etc.). I don't understand why she'd make those comments if she's no longer interested. I can't figure out if she's just nervous to meet or if she genuinely doesn't want to anymore, and I don't want to be one of those needy guys who spams her with texts asking.

I guess I've learned a valuable lesson - **** texting. I've never even met this girl yet I formed a substantial enough bond over text that I'm actually hurting right now. It's almost like a mini relationship ending, because of the daily contact and sharing of a lot of information via text.

I'm pretty embarrassed and frustrated so wanted to vent somewhere. I have no idea what to do now. I know the logical thing is to delete her and cut her out regardless of what her next move is, but I really liked this girl and the mind **** is truly real. Anyway, I dunno...

:thumb:She may be just a very bashful person and nothing more. Some people just freak when they realize that they'll actually have to meet someone. Text her that you've never dated off Craig's list. :)

She may fear rejection more then you do.:thumb:

Well I'm sitting here completely mind ****ed. I have no idea what to think right now and am both confused and oddly depressed.

The girl I referenced earlier in this thread. We started talking online 3 weeks ago and hit if off immediately. We both couldn't get over how well we got along and how many truly cute and random things we had in common. We started texting every day, sometimes for a few hours, and most of the conversations were amazing. It was clear that we were both into it. Within 2-3 days I scheduled a date for the 13th.

That morning she texts me and asks if we can reschedule for the weekend because she's really sick. I knew her roommate was just getting over a cold, so I agreed and we kept chatting. We texted that night so I don't think she blew me off to do something else. We texted all week but she still wasn't over the cold on Friday (stayed home from work with a fever), so we unofficially postponed again.

Fast forward to this past week. Everything is normal and we're having a fantastic conversation on Tuesday night. I tell her I want to see her this week and ask when she's free. After a long delay between texts, she suggests Friday. We resume our chat and she goes to bed shortly after. Wednesday night I text her and tell her I have a cool idea for an interactive date (we'd previously agreed to coffee but hadn't addressed what the plan was for this date). This was during a conversation around 8PM and I never heard from her again. Thursday morning she texts me when she's up and asks for details. I give them to her and we don't text much during the day. She finally confirms she'd prefer coffee since her week was long and tiring. Thursday night we text a bit and I make a firm suggestion of a time and place and never hear from her again.

Yesterday morning she texted me when she woke up and seemed to confirm the plans. Again we didn't text much during the day, but she did tell me that a coworker called in sick so she'd have to work until 5:30 instead of 1 as planned. Our plans were for around 7:30. Around 5:30 I text her to see how her day went and she tells me she isn't finished yet, and I hear back around 6:45 that she's on her way home. Fast forward and not too many texts until around 8:30 when she texts to say she is "so sorry about tonight" but that she got home around 8, ate and showered but still isn't near ready. I text back asking her if she'd still like to meet or if we should do something Saturday (today) instead. I never heard back.

It's 11 AM and she still hasn't texted me, while she's usually texted me by this time in the past.

I'm so completely confused. I have no idea what happened. Everything went so well with this girl. We clicked so well over texts and it's a complete mind **** that she seems to have blown me off completely without even meeting. And even in our texts just 3-4 days ago she made comments about the long-term (ie. converting each other on shows, trying pizza places together, etc.). I don't understand why she'd make those comments if she's no longer interested. I can't figure out if she's just nervous to meet or if she genuinely doesn't want to anymore, and I don't want to be one of those needy guys who spams her with texts asking.

I guess I've learned a valuable lesson - **** texting. I've never even met this girl yet I formed a substantial enough bond over text that I'm actually hurting right now. It's almost like a mini relationship ending, because of the daily contact and sharing of a lot of information via text.

I'm pretty embarrassed and frustrated so wanted to vent somewhere. I have no idea what to do now. I know the logical thing is to delete her and cut her out regardless of what her next move is, but I really liked this girl and the mind **** is truly real. Anyway, I dunno...
she is dating someone, they parted ways, she jumped on line and the asshat returned and she is with him and cant text.

or

She is not who she claims and used the roommates picture

she is dating someone, they parted ways, she jumped on line and the asshat returned and she is with him and cant text.

or

Dear God I wonder if Moose gave her a penis pic text?

Sorry Moose I couldn't help myself.. But anyways I had an even more bizarre and far far more embarrassing thing happen to me. I dont have time to type the story. I have to leave for a while, but when I get back I'll post it..

or

I know she's who she says she is. We had a very random chance meeting earlier this week. We just happened to be going to the same place around the same time (appointment only, legit coincidence). Cause of the timing we didn't actually meet and speak, but I caught a glimpse of her.

Anyway, ya I thought perhaps she's trying to decide between me and another guy. I'm OK with that because this is dating - there's competition. I'm just trying to understand her decisions and if I'm just wasting my time. I like her so I'm willing to put up with a bit more shit than usual (which I have), but not if this is a complete dead end. To have not even met yet really bothers me.

Other girls have cancelled dates or stopped texting or whatever and it doesn't bother me. That's dating. There's just something about her that caught my attention, and to go from such amazing interactions to radio silence and apprehension is really confusing. I'm also not sure if I should text her at some point today to ask what's up, or just wait to see if she ever texts me again.

Anyway, it's obviously a stupid situation but it's so hard to understand WTF happened lol. I've been blown off before in 'she's just not that into you' scenarios before, but I didn't get that vibe at all here. Until now perhaps.

or

Or...she's married and bored and wants to feel attractive again. She may be either unwilling or aftraid to take the extra step and outright cheat. Maybe you two could arrange a video chat and rub one off together? :shrug:

Or...she's married and bored and wants to feel attractive again. She may be either unwilling or aftraid to take the extra step and outright cheat. Maybe you two could arrange a video chat and rub one off together? :shrug:

There are many married or living with someone gals on dating sites. Many whackadoos...trust me, I've met many. :rolleyes:

Never met (never want to either) a tranny yet. That would just take the cake.

I know she's who she says she is. We had a very random chance meeting earlier this week. We just happened to be going to the same place around the same time (appointment only, legit coincidence). Cause of the timing we didn't actually meet and speak, but I caught a glimpse of her.

Anyway, ya I thought perhaps she's trying to decide between me and another guy. I'm OK with that because this is dating - there's competition. I'm just trying to understand her decisions and if I'm just wasting my time. I like her so I'm willing to put up with a bit more shit than usual (which I have), but not if this is a complete dead end. To have not even met yet really bothers me.

Other girls have cancelled dates or stopped texting or whatever and it doesn't bother me. That's dating. There's just something about her that caught my attention, and to go from such amazing interactions to radio silence and apprehension is really confusing. I'm also not sure if I should text her at some point today to ask what's up, or just wait to see if she ever texts me again.

Anyway, it's obviously a stupid situation but it's so hard to understand WTF happened lol. I've been blown off before in 'she's just not that into you' scenarios before, but I didn't get that vibe at all here. Until now perhaps.

It happens. Maybe she is a flake?

Never get desperate though, always have other options. That is the best way to be in life. Not interested huh?, eh, whatev...next!

It happens. Maybe she is a flake?

Never get desperate though, always have other options. That is the best way to be in life. Not interested huh?, eh, whatev...next!

I know, I know. That's how I'd been approaching it. When we first started talking I was speaking to/meeting with 3-4 other women, but over the past few weeks I lost interest in them (or they lost interest) and I just didn't find the new ones I began speaking with engaging. Without meaning to, my conversations with this one girl really took over.

I haven't heard from her, and this is probably the longest we've gone without chatting in 3 weeks. Obviously something may have come up, but all the evidence seems to suggest she just decided to move on. I still can't understand how or why, but there's nothing I can do I guess. Still, it stings.

I know, I know. That's how I'd been approaching it. When we first started talking I was speaking to/meeting with 3-4 other women, but over the past few weeks I lost interest in them (or they lost interest) and I just didn't find the new ones I began speaking with engaging. Without meaning to, my conversations with this one girl really took over.

I haven't heard from her, and this is probably the longest we've gone without chatting in 3 weeks. Obviously something may have come up, but all the evidence seems to suggest she just decided to move on. I still can't understand how or why, but there's nothing I can do I guess. Still, it stings.

Dude, my best advice to you is get a thicker skin. ASAP. Go out and work a bar with lots of girls in it. Hit on as many as you can. If they say no, tell 'em not to be so picky. You weren't. Plan ZERO emotional attachments. Screw the personal serious talk. Have fun, be funny, and give two shits less abaout them. Women are like buses. There will be another along very shortly.

Only AFTER you go through that, and come out the other end so confident in yourself that you are almost cocky, THEN you just MIGHT be ready for a real relationship again.

Seems to me that you are more serious about pursuing her and she is obviously not answering in the way that she has lead you to believe that something is really happening. It does sound like maybe she has something to hide. Maybe let her do the pursuing - if she gets back to you again - but don't be all eager about it - let her experience what you are describing to us.

Gina

Seems to me that you are more serious about pursuing her and she is obviously not answering in the way that she has lead you to believe that something is really happening. It does sound like maybe she has something to hide. Maybe let her do the pursuing - if she gets back to you again - but don't be all eager about it - let her experience what you are describing to us.

Gina

This is basically it.

She did eventually message me and explained what happened. I don't think she's lying, but at this point I'll just assume the worst. I'm basically backing off and am going to let her be the one to pursue and/or set up the next date (if there is one) while I keep my options open.

Thanks friends.

Your a good man moose, lots of ladies out there. Just have fun, meet and greet a few and remember: "no matter what happens, your toes are still tappin'"

Still waiting for this story...:shrug_n:

I like stories. Will there be cookies? Does it involve midgets? Will we all be slightly disgusted after, and feel in need of a shower? Inquisitive minds and all... :coffee:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/owwOukBq8nU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like stories. Will there be cookies? Does it involve midgets? Will we all be slightly disgusted after, and feel in need of a shower? Inquisitive minds and all... :coffee:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/owwOukBq8nU" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

It might involve a water bed, a husky horndog he met from the bar that is a looney tune, a dick pic, excessive amounts of booze, possibly druks, an ice pick, handcuffs, a tattoo that he cannot recall where or when he got, a kidney removal, urine or fecal matter involved somehow, or, all of the above. :shrug_n:

Back