Help Removing an Ignored Thread

Joolz

Reaction score
I’ve tried everything to no avail. Preferences, Ignoring, and all my boxes are checked. For some reason the Politics and Religion Forum is on Ignore and I can’t make a change. Please help! Thank you.

So.... I see in the change log you attempting to change it:

1657815563250.png

And if I read the right, it looks to be correct. This ignore forum and thread feature is not part of the board itself, but something I added from a 3rd party developer. As with all 3rd party things, there is a greater chance for issues.

I'd like to try a few things, the first being just logging out of the board and then logging back in (assuming you know your password). Or actually, logging out and clearing cache and cookies for the site, closing the browser, and then logging back in. I wonder if it might be cached.

If that doesn't work, I will temporarily disable the addon to see if the forum appears.

I read through 15 pages on the product, but there is not a built in feature for me to change what a user is ignoring. I am sure it is stored in the database, but that would not be simple to find and edit.

I did everything above including deleting my history, cookies, cache, etc. and the threads in the P and R Forum still read "Ignore"
Yes, I can access the link directly and again I see "Ignore" in the column.

Thanks, UT

It looks like I can click on each thread and Unignore. Should I try that?

Do you not have this highlighted button at the top of the forum?

1657819964703.png

The only option there is “Ignore forum”

When I click on it I get this:

DA0828AA-0FD6-4C1B-A94E-0C90C8E2BF7C.jpeg

Just give me a minute, UT. Might be working now. I’ll wait for a few posts to populate.

Sorry for the trouble, UT. It seems to be working now. No clue as to what happened. Maybe clearing history, cookies, cache, etc. helped after all. Thanks again.

Yeah the pic you posted is just a confirmation dialog to ignore a whole forum.

I am glad it's working now. I wish I could have more directly helped.

Yeah the pic you posted is just a confirmation dialog to ignore a whole forum.

I am glad it's working now. I wish I could have more directly helped.
Your advice did help, UT. Always does and I appreciate it.

Back