Sir, your forming an opinion based on what? Terrorist have never controlled Iraq. What makes you think that every country in the world won't tell Iran that it cannot have Iraq? Are you insane. Do you really think the UN will allow Iran to just walk on in to Iraq? You are a moron if you do think that...You definitely have drank the kool aid...Turn off Rush and Levine, and develop your own opinion.

Are you naive? Iran is already IN Iraq you numbskull. Iran's mullahs are scared to death of having a pro-western democracy right next door. They are doing everything in their power to stop this from happening and the only thing stopping them is the USA.

That is there choice. It is not up to the GOP or any American to tell them otherwise. As we are a free country, other countries have the freedom to make their own decisions.

The conclusion being, how would you like a communist country coming into America and killing 90,000 people and informing the lucky ones that are alive that freedom does not exist anymore. Communism does work in some countries - just like democracy works in some countries.

Either way, we have done nothing much made good people into terrorist. We have countries that hate us. We have 90,000+ people who lost family members who hate us....and guess what, when the national reserve decides to collect on us, they will hate us too...and then other countries will hate us because our spending is going to have to stop.

The bottom line for me is that we had no business there in the first place. Iraq never was a clear and present danger to the US. North Korea, on the other hand...

The bottom line for me is that we had no business there in the first place. Iraq never was a clear and present danger to the US. North Korea, on the other hand...

Agree..I mean Iraq could not even get missles to kuwait when troops were there, what were they going to do to the US. I think Bush Jr. had a hard on for finishing what his dad started more than anything else, and its a scary thing when that is the reason people have to die.

Agree..I mean Iraq could not even get missles to kuwait when troops were there, what were they going to do to the US. I think Bush Jr. had a hard on for finishing what his dad started more than anything else, and its a scary thing when that is the reason people have to die.

If that was really Bush Jr's intent, he cost the US military over 4,000 lives for nothing. (Which has been the end result anyway.)

If that was really Bush Jr's intent, he cost the US military over 4,000 lives for nothing. (Which has been the end result anyway.)

I would think that was the intent. Remember when it was hate obama, hate obama, he is bombing our buildings, destroy Afganistan, then all of the sudden it changed into a different enemy, no wait hate iraq, hate iraq, they are the ones behind it, they have umm...these weapons of mass destruction, yeah thats it, mass destruction is scary, send troops.

I totally agree Rhody. Yesterday, today, tomorrow, doesn't matter. We screwed up....Actually I did not vote for Bush. I don't like to feel like I am responsible for 90,000+ dead Iraqi's.

Yes, I do think the UN has relevance. I don't think they did much about things when the US declared war because they knew that America does not take terrorist attacks lightly. I think the UN would have approved war, but not until some other options and the full support of other countries were taken into account. If Iran decides to take over Iraq without the consent of the UN, the world will fight Iran, no doubt. The conservatives didn't realize this the first time when King Bush used 9/11 & WMD to invade Iraq.

Trust me, I don't think it was a bad idea that Saddam was removed....but I don't think 90,000+ innocent people should have died because of it. IMHO Bush should be tried for war crimes including genocide.

Thats the thing, Iran won't go into Iraq with guns blazing. They will do it subtley, by financing and training terrorists to kill all pro-democracy government officials and replace them with pro-Iranian officials. It'll be a country in chaos and a terrorist haven with billions of barrels of oil to finance global terrorism unlike we've ever seen.

Look, running out of Sudan after the "Black Hawk Down" deal emboldened terrorists which later gave them the will and confidence that brought us 9/11. Running from Iraq will do 10x the damage. To think otherwise is naive.

I would think that was the intent. Remember when it was hate obama, hate obama, he is bombing our buildings, destroy Afganistan, then all of the sudden it changed into a different enemy, no wait hate iraq, hate iraq, they are the ones behind it, they have umm...these weapons of mass destruction, yeah thats it, mass destruction is scary, send troops.

:thumb::LOL:

Look, running out of Sudan after the "Black Hawk Down" deal emboldened terrorists which later gave them the will and confidence that brought us 9/11. Running from Iraq will do 10x the damage. To think otherwise is naive.

You're as ignorant as you are stupid. That event took place in Somalia not the Sudan dipshit. Got any more of your military tidbits?

There is no reason for the United States of America to remain in Somalia. The American people want them home, I believe the majority of Congress wants them home, and to set an artificial date of March 31 or even February 1, in my view, is not acceptable. The criteria should be to bring them home as rapidly and safely as possible, an evolution which I think could be completed in a matter of weeks.

Our continued military presence in Somalia allows another situation to arise which could then lead to the wounding, killing or capture of American fighting men and women. We should do all in our power to avoid that.

I listened carefully to the President’s remarks at a news conference that he held earlier today. I heard nothing in his discussion of the issue that would persuade me that further U.S. military involvement in the area is necessary. In fact, his remarks have persuaded me more profoundly that we should leave and leave soon.

Dates certain, Mr. President, are not the criteria here. What is the criteria and what should be the criteria is our immediate, orderly withdrawal from Somalia. And if we do not do that and other Americans die, other Americans are wounded, other Americans are captured because we stay too long–longer than necessary–then I would say that the responsibilities for that lie with the Congress of the United States who did not exercise their authority under the Constitution of the United States and mandate that they be brought home quickly and safely as possible. . . . John McCain

You're as ignorant as you are stupid. That event took place in Somalia not the Sudan dipshit. Got any more of your military tidbits?

Good catch ClitMarks!

Excuse me, simple mistake. They're both in Africa, begin with "S" and are terrorist hellholes.

Here is a military tidbit..... Go mop the deck Navy boy.

Good catch ClitMarks!

Excuse me, simple mistake. They're both in Africa, begin with "S" and are terrorist hellholes.

Here is a military tidbit..... Go mop the deck Navy boy.

You can't even use military jargon correctly chickenhawk and don't pretend you knew what you were saying. You're just a ideological clown who spews out tripe without the foggiest notion about what you speak.

How can someone claim to know the cause of anything when they can't even get the country they are using as a reference right? Shithead.

Are you naive? Iran is already IN Iraq you numbskull. Iran's mullahs are scared to death of having a pro-western democracy right next door. They are doing everything in their power to stop this from happening and the only thing stopping them is the USA.

Are you naive? The terrorist are not in Iraq....

Thats the thing, Iran won't go into Iraq with guns blazing. They will do it subtley, by financing and training terrorists to kill all pro-democracy government officials and replace them with pro-Iranian officials. It'll be a country in chaos and a terrorist haven with billions of barrels of oil to finance global terrorism unlike we've ever seen.

Did your inside "sources" tell you that? The thing is...anyone can go anywhere and recruit people...Give me a break and breath...Let the fear leave your body.

Did your inside "sources" tell you that? The thing is...anyone can go anywhere and recruit people...Give me a break and breath...Let the fear leave your body.

Obama's Iraq Withdrawal Plan May Prove Difficult

U.S. Commanders in Iraq Warn of Security Dangers, See Logistical Nightmare

Whatever nuance Barack Obama is now adding to his Iraq withdrawal strategy, the core plan on his Web site is as plain as day: Obama would "immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months."

We spent a day with Maj. Gen. Jeffery Hammond in Sadr City. He is the commander of the 4th Infantry Division, which is responsible for Baghdad. Hammond will likely be one of the commanders who briefs Barack Obama when he visits Iraq.

"We still have a ways to go. Number one, we're working on security and it's very encouraging, that's true, but what we're really trying to achieve here is sustainable security on Iraqi terms. So, I think my first response to that would be let's look at the conditions.

Instead of any time-based approach to any decision for withdrawal, it's got to be conditions-based, with the starting point being an intelligence analysis of what might be here today, and what might lie ahead in the future. I still think we still have work that remains to be done before I can really answer that question," Hammond said when asked how he would feel about an order to start drawing down two combat brigades a month.
Asked if he considered it dangerous to pull out if the withdrawal is not based on "conditions," Hammond said, "It's very dangerous. I'll speak for the coalition forces, men and women of character and moral courage; we have a mission, and it's not until the mission is done that I can look my leader in the eye and say, 'Sir, Ma'am, mission accomplished,' and I think it is dangerous to leave anything a little early."

"If we pull out of here too early, it's going to establish a vacuum of power that violent criminal groups will be able to fill once we leave," West said.

While Anderson and his troops have a positive attitude, several commanders who looked at the Obama plan told ABC News, on background, that there was "no way" it could work logistically.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/Story?id=5351864&page=2

It does?

He Dashoe, if you know what the goals in Iraq are, would you please share them with me...I have been waiting 7 years for the truth out of your republican president.

An Iraqi government representative of the people and able to defend itself. Perhaps you aren't "free thinking" enough to figure that out, and need Bush to tell you directly.

Ridding the world of a dangerous dictator and establishing a democratic nation in the M.E. is "nothing" to you?

A "democracy" will never last in the Middle East. These people have absolutely no concept on how a democracy works, no do they care. No matter when our troops leave there, the Iranians and Syrians will undermind any progress that has been made there.

An Iraqi government representative of the people and able to defend itself. Perhaps you aren't "free thinking" enough to figure that out, and need Bush to tell you directly.

I wish Bush would just tell me what he is doing out there...and don't say tracking down the terrorist ROFL ROFL

Back