A "democracy" will never last in the Middle East. These people have absolutely no concept on how a democracy works, no do they care. No matter when our troops leave there, the Iranians and Syrians will undermind any progress that has been made there.

WHO THE HELL KNOWS IF THESE PEOPLE WANT ONE...WE ARE NOT GIVING THEM ANY CHOICE.

A "democracy" will never last in the Middle East. These people have absolutely no concept on how a democracy works, no do they care. No matter when our troops leave there, the Iranians and Syrians will undermind any progress that has been made there.

And if you're wrong?

And to Cleatmarks, Dashoe is correct about one thing. OBL has been quoted as saying that the way we handled the Somalia incident convinced him that America didn't have the stomach to handle death, and that terrorist attacks and the ensuing wars would be given up on by America.

He was spot on.

WHO THE HELL KNOWS IF THESE PEOPLE WANT ONE...WE ARE NOT GIVING THEM ANY CHOICE.

What do you think an elected reprentative government is? They can elect kermit the frog to office if they want. That's their choice. Claiming that Iraqis don't have the freedom to choose what they want because they are now a democratic nation is an oxymoron.

Your argument is, essentially, "We're forcing them to do what they want!"

And if you're wrong?

And to Cleatmarks, Dashoe is correct about one thing. OBL has been quoted as saying that the way we handled the Somalia incident convinced him that America didn't have the stomach to handle death, and that terrorist attacks and the ensuing wars would be given up on by America.

He was spot on.

Believe me, tmack, I hope to hell I am wrong. Especially because of the nut-job in charge in Iran. Syria would probably back off if we threw them a bone, but Iran is just out to destabilize the entire Middle East.

And if you're wrong?

He was spot on.

I do remember that but Dashoe said it was the Sudan and then went on to explain how they were interchangeable. That's what I took issue with.

The other point which went largely ignored is the fact that the Somalia withdrawal was driven by congressional pressure and he seemed to ignore the speech the McCain gave on the floor and placed it soley on Clinton's shoulders.

I have no issue where someone comes down on an issue but I do detest ideological blindness and a propensity to speak in support of things that put my brothers in harm's way while addressing anyone who has a more cautious outlook based on experience as someone with less courage than he displays in his verbal diatribe.

That being said, I think Dawson's douchebag is equally as ignorant but not nearly as offensive because it's difficult to consider such logic seriously.

Together, their exploration in such matters is as deep as the local media outlets have fed them.

BTW, do you post on any military boards? I used to post on one of Hackworth's boards until his death and new management decided that the level of self moderation (pretty good actually) was embarrassing for them and their fundraisers since they didn't like the barracks talk that sometimes ensued.

What do you think an elected reprentative government is? They can elect kermit the frog to office if they want. That's their choice. Claiming that Iraqis don't have the freedom to choose what they want because they are now a democratic nation is an oxymoron.

Your argument is, essentially, "We're forcing them to do what they want!"

ok listen to yourself out loud....say it...We have given them no choice. They have to be democratic now. They could have said we want a King. We want a ruler. We want to be communist. We one 100 states in Iraq. We have given them absolutely no choice. We made the choose a leader.

ok listen to yourself out loud....say it...We have given them no choice. They have to be democratic now. They could have said we want a King. We want a ruler. We want to be communist. We one 100 states in Iraq. We have given them absolutely no choice. We made the choose a leader.

And if that is what they want to do, then they now have the means to do it.

That being said, I think Dawson's douchebag is equally as ignorant but not nearly as offensive because it's difficult to consider such logic seriously.

Too bad most of the country feels like me that Iraq is a waste, the President is a dummy, and his administration has driven us so far in debt that it is impossible to get out.

People like you think we rule the world. People like you think we are invisible.

Guess what, its not only terrorist that dislike us. There are plenty of Easterns and Europeans who think America is the root of all evil. When we become a poor country like the Soviet Union, I hope you read this forum and bite your lip so hard and realize that this administration has destroyed this country. Our next president is going to be the most important person in this countries history.

Too bad most of the country feels like me that Iraq is a waste, the President is a dummy, and his administration has driven us so far in debt that it is impossible to get out.

People like you think we rule the world. People like you think we are invisible.

Guess what, its not only terrorist that dislike us. There are plenty of Easterns and Europeans who think America is the root of all evil. When we become a poor country like the Soviet Union, I hope you read this forum and bite your lip so hard and realize that this administration has destroyed this country. Our next president is going to be the most important person in this countries history.

You talk as a child. You know nothing about my beliefs, background, or what I think or know about this and I'm not offering my opinion on it. Which countries have you toured to be able to know their thoughts? Play with Dashole and convince each other that you're right but save your bleading heart and throw it in a pot with Dashole's chickenhawk one and make a nice meal for me to feast on since I'm starved. The time you two spend convincing each other that you're right could be spent exploring the subjects you both gloss over. My only relief is that ignorance knows no party and all things being equal, cancel each other out.

I do remember that but Dashoe said it was the Sudan and then went on to explain how they were interchangeable. That's what I took issue with.

The other point which went largely ignored is the fact that the Somalia withdrawal was driven by congressional pressure and he seemed to ignore the speech the McCain gave on the floor and placed it soley on Clinton's shoulders.

I have no issue where someone comes down on an issue but I do detest ideological blindness and a propensity to speak in support of things that put my brothers in harm's way while addressing anyone who has a more cautious outlook based on experience as someone with less courage than he displays in his verbal diatribe.

Together, their exploration in such matters is as deep as the local media outlets have fed them.

BTW, do you post on any military boards? I used to post on one of Hackworth's boards until his death and new management decided that the level of self moderation (pretty good actually) was embarrassing for them and their fundraisers since they didn't like the barracks talk that sometimes ensued.

No, this is the only board I post regularly on. I check in with Colts.com, but that place is pretty dead after we were told it was going to be shut down.

With regards to the first portion of your post, I agree to an extent. I don't think there's anything wrong with supporting a war without enlisting for service, but I do take exception when civilians attempt to analyze or critique those that are in or have been in harms way. It's something they really should just keep quiet about, as they cannot even fathom what being in a combat zone is like.

With regards to the first portion of your post, I agree to an extent. I don't think there's anything wrong with supporting a war without enlisting for service, but I do take exception when civilians attempt to analyze or critique those that are in or have been in harms way. It's something they really should just keep quiet about, as they cannot even fathom what being in a combat zone is like.
I only take issue with the decisions to put you all into those combat zones.

IMO it better be for a damn good reason.

yes and next year they'll do a poll and it will be whatever QB had the best season that year.

Or just ask them to all consider Brady's first 6 seasons passing the ball with no passing records & a 24% completion percentage passing over 20 yards...

Remember what Brady was without the "Freak" Moss then who would you vote for ?...

For you anti-war supporters, what short memories we have...I think you should all watch some of the Sadam Hussein documentary stuff out their & then convince everyone this war was wrong...

This guy is shooting guns in the street in celebration & victory after he chemical bombed they say between 50 -100,000 innocent woman & children...I don't want to hear how the "ROCK STAR" of terrorism was contained & wasn't a threat to anyone...

I honor every soldier that stepped foot in Iraq and started killing those mother fvcking shit bags...I will never critisize this war ... it was a victory and serves a great purpose... America & President Bush are actually doing something about Terrorism in the middle east...what are the Democrats doing besides standing in the way of Victory ?

Or just ask them to all consider Brady's first 6 seasons passing the ball with no passing records & a 24% completion percentage passing over 20 yards...

Remember what Brady was without the "Freak" Moss then who would you vote for ?...

This was a COACHES poll. To demeam their opinion makes you like a moron. They've been watching him his entire career, not just last season.

This was a COACHES poll. To demeam their opinion makes you like a moron. They've been watching him his entire career, not just last season.

Who is demeaning NFL coaches...I said ask them the same question after Brady's first 6 seasons ...the season before Randy Moss out jumped & fought for 25 TD passes that mostly were thrown short.

There answer would be Carlson Palmer over Brady never mind Manning...if they were looking for a system short passing QB...Brady gets a nod...but to be looking for a passing QB ... Brady is not in the picture...

His own performance records prove it... his compl. % over 20 yd is 25% & sucks compared to Manning & Palmer alone...and Brady didn'rt have a single NFL Passing record in 6 of 7 seasons before they sighned the "Freak" Moss...

Thiose are nothing butr real facts...so ask those same coaches before Moss was signed looking for a passing QB...Brady is no were near #1...

Back