Hindsight in 2020 -- Redoing Some Recent Pats Drafts

When his running days are over (3-4 years) he’s going to be far below average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think he lasts much longer than that. The guy never takes a big hit it seems. He is just so elusive. He also has developed his passing game. He will need to continue to do that to compete for chips.

I saw what McD did with Cam, imagine a raw Lamar. HE would probably be either out of the league or Cordarelle 2.0.
The Ravens have done a beautiful job building that offense for him.

If I were a ravens fan I’d be thrilled about trading Lamar for one of the top QBs in this years draft. If that’s a possibility. Yeah he beat the worst defense in the playoffs............. yawn. He still didn’t look great.

The ravens ability to shut down Henry won that game. Calais Camble missed the first matchup this year right? Huge difference with him in the lineup.

The Titans were to blame for that loss. Ravens completely shut down the run and made Tannehill beat them. He could only muster up 13 points.

As much praise Lamar got I saw the defense giving him everything that works for them. Short RPOs, quick screens, option runs. It was like they decided to play Lamar like a dropback passer and it bit them in the ass. Basically what the Pats took away which made him look toothless, the Titans D gave to him. I don't think I saw Hollywood Brown covered once in that game. It was a terrible defensive display. And for all that the Ratbirds only scored 20 points. Bills should be able to handle them.

The Titans were to blame for that loss. Ravens completely shut down the run and made Tannehill beat them. He could only muster up 13 points.

As much praise Lamar got I saw the defense giving him everything that works for them. Short RPOs, quick screens, option runs. It was like they decided to play Lamar like a dropback passer and it bit them in the ass. Basically what the Pats took away which made him look toothless, the Titans D gave to him. I don't think I saw Hollywood Brown covered once in that game. It was a terrible defensive display. And for all that the Ratbirds only scored 20 points. Bills should be able to handle them.
I think you are selling Lamar short. It was 10 to zero when he broke off that 52 yard TD run. That completely changed the game as at that point it was looking like the other Ravens playoff games where their style of offense will be shut down by a playoff team BUT Lamar did throw well and threw a lot both inside and outside the numbers. Other than the horrific pick early to Butler, he was spot on and that forced the Titans to have to respect the pass which opened up the run for him. The Ravens D also played one of its best games all year. They completely shut down Henry and also covered the pass. Tanny looked like Tanny from Miami again. He just isn't franchise QB. But the game was still more about Lamar IMO. He had to be a dual threat and he was. I can't stand the Ravens but I was kind of happy to see Vrabel slink off the field with his head down.

I think you are selling Lamar short. It was 10 to zero when he broke off that 52 yard TD run. That completely changed the game as at that point it was looking like the other Ravens playoff games where their style of offense will be shut down by a playoff team BUT Lamar did throw well and threw a lot both inside and outside the numbers. Other than the horrific pick early to Butler, he was spot on and that forced the Titans to have to respect the pass which opened up the run for him. The Ravens D also played one of its best games all year. They completely shut down Henry and also covered the pass. Tanny looked like Tanny from Miami again. He just isn't franchise QB. But the game was still more about Lamar IMO. He had to be a dual threat and he was. I can't stand the Ravens but I was kind of happy to see Vrabel slink off the field with his head down.

I'm not selling him short. Perhaps you're hyping him up a little too much. That play was amazing, I will admit that. But it doesn't change the fact that the Titans defense was horrid, and Lamar was only able to get 20 points out of it.

As I said, Lamar was making easy reads, short RPOs, dump offs and passing to Hollywood Brown that apparently was always guarded with a giant cushion almost everytime because he seemed to always be open. That's his game, and Titans did nothing to stop that. If the other defense will make it easier for him to play his game he's obviously going to look way better.

I'm not selling him short. Perhaps you're hyping him up a little too much. That play was amazing, I will admit that. But it doesn't change the fact that the Titans defense was horrid, and Lamar was only able to get 20 points out of it.

As I said, Lamar was making easy reads, short RPOs, dump offs and passing to Hollywood Brown that apparently was always guarded with a giant cushion almost everytime because he seemed to always be open. That's his game, and Titans did nothing to stop that. If the other defense will make it easier for him to play his game he's obviously going to look way better.
The receivers were open because Lamar was running so well. One plays off the other. Had he not established the run, there is no pass game which is what happened last year. That is the part that was different. That is why I am crediting him more but for sure the Ravens D played the best game of the year. It also helped that Tanny was dreadful.

Back