Holy Crap....I can't wait for the Celtics game!!!!!!

I would love to see a Celts & Lakers battle it for the title. 80's old school style.

I was hoping.

I thought it might happen when the traded for Gasol. Now I think it depends on how long it takes for him to get back from his injury.

Plus Barnum may not be back this year. They expected him to be back by now.

Now I am ready for the Celtics to take on anyone in the Finals.

I applaud you; you are truly one of THE biggest Celtics fans if you stuck with them from the 1992-2006 Era. One of the regulars I play cards with has been a season ticket holder for 25 years, and after the 2007 Draft lottery when the Celtics got screwed with the #5 pick, he turned in his season tickets out of disgust. weeks later they pulled off both trades and I havent seen him since then- I really hope he didn't jump off a bridge somewhere!

What an idiot! My team is my team, I watched the Pats when they sucked too. And I suffered along with the Sox. There's so much history with the Celts, good or bad, I'm glad they're my team.

A few thoughts on that awesome game:

- Best defense over the course of a full game that I have EVER seen.

- on successive nights, they held Duncan and McGrady to single digits.

- TNT's post-game show was ridiculous. All Houston and no Boston.

- How does Leon Powe get a DNP on Monday and play HUGE minutes on Tuesday? Odd.

- I'd like to see less of PJ and more of Powe and Davis.

- Paul Pierce and KG are two of the very best players in the NBA. People take Pierce for granted but that guy is so damn good it's scary.

- KG should not have been in the game late in the 4th, but that exclamation point dunk was wood inducing.

- I have never seen a deeper team in my life. Last night, 11 guys played a role in that win. The Celts of the 80s might have had a better starting 5, but this team is on the whole much deeper than those teams. Numbers 6-12 (Ray Allen was out last night) would destroy their counterparts on the Cs 80s teams.

- The Celts will out depth teams.

- This is serious fun.

They should rename NESN to NERSN: New England Red Sox Network. I had to sit through over 10 minutes of spring training and Japan blathering before the "Oh, and the Celtics won" segment of the show.

They should rename NESN to NERSN: New England Red Sox Network. I had to sit through over 10 minutes of spring training and Japan blathering before the "Oh, and the Celtics won" segment of the show.
Given the Sox ownership of 80% of NESN (I believe that's the right percentage) and the fact that NESN broadcasts all of the Sox games that are not on national TV, the above is hardly surprsing.

You just got the memo about NESN being a PR arm of the Red Sox?

Given the Sox ownership of 80% of NESN (I believe that's the right percentage) and the fact that NESN broadcasts all of the Sox games that are not on national TV, the above is hardly surprsing.

You just got the memo about NESN being a PR arm of the Red Sox?

No, but I would think and hope that, on a Tuesday when the league-leading Celtics just went on the road and beat the hottest team in the NBA by a huge margin, that it would be considered SLIGHTLY more important than yapping about how the grapefruit season is winding down and the Sox will be flying to Japan soon. Hell, the Celtics even led off ESPN, so it must be important (otherwise I'm sure there would've been a Spygate story leading off ESPN).

No, but I would think and hope that, on a Tuesday when the league-leading Celtics just went on the road and beat the hottest team in the NBA by a huge margin, that it would be considered SLIGHTLY more important than yapping about how the grapefruit season is winding down and the Sox will be flying to Japan soon. Hell, the Celtics even led off ESPN, so it must be important (otherwise I'm sure there would've been a Spygate story leading off ESPN).

Gotta agree. It was maddening. I know NESN is owned by the Sox. But it would be nice if they didn't insult the intelligence of the NE sports fan and think that spring training trumps such a huge win.

Gotta agree. It was maddening. I know NESN is owned by the Sox. But it would be nice if they didn't insult the intelligence of the NE sports fan and think that spring training trumps such a huge win.

It is bad, but you have to take into account that everyone is jumping back on the Celts bandwagon. This is the first year in a long time that people are watching. Did anyone care last year when all NESN talked about was the Sox?

A few thoughts on that awesome game:

- Best defense over the course of a full game that I have EVER seen.

- on successive nights, they held Duncan and McGrady to single digits.

- TNT's post-game show was ridiculous. All Houston and no Boston.

- How does Leon Powe get a DNP on Monday and play HUGE minutes on Tuesday? Odd.

- I'd like to see less of PJ and more of Powe and Davis.

- Paul Pierce and KG are two of the very best players in the NBA. People take Pierce for granted but that guy is so damn good it's scary.

- KG should not have been in the game late in the 4th, but that exclamation point dunk was wood inducing.

- I have never seen a deeper team in my life. Last night, 11 guys played a role in that win. The Celts of the 80s might have had a better starting 5, but this team is on the whole much deeper than those teams. Numbers 6-12 (Ray Allen was out last night) would destroy their counterparts on the Cs 80s teams.

- The Celts will out depth teams.

- This is serious fun.

I'm absolutely convinced that Rivers is going to screw this up by not being able to make playing time decisions. He sucks as a coach and this team is succeeding in spite of him. I'm shocked that even with the big three he was able to pick a starting five. He will be the downfall, mark my words.

I'm absolutely convinced that Rivers is going to screw this up by not being able to make playing time decisions. He sucks as a coach and this team is succeeding in spite of him. I'm shocked that even with the big three he was able to pick a starting five. He will be the downfall, mark my words.

I think you're being much too negative about Doc. It could be that he's just experimenting now and trying to figure out what he's got. This team is so deep and I doubt he'll play 12 guys regular minutes in the playoffs.

I also think that these guys really play hard for Doc. They seem to respect him a lot.

That said, I share your concern and am not in love with guys not playing one game and then getting 20 plus minutes the next (as happened with Cassel and Powe recently).

As to the NESN coverage, I guess I don't care about the order of events. I TIVO Sports Desk and watch what I care about. No Matt Ryan or BC stories for me. I watch Cs, Pats and Sox stories, and sometimes Bs stories. The order is not that important in that after 15 minutes or so, I've seen all I need to see. And NESN is a Red Sox tool, and will always be that, so I think that pretending or expecting that it's anything other than that is a waste of time.

Back