Hooman no more

But still,

No mo manamanui. :coffee:

Cheers

Does anyone know the cap number changes and Hicks contract status?

The Patriots saved about $860k on Hoomanawanui's cap hit. Hicks is signed for one year with a $1.27M cap hit for the Patriots. So a net loss of $410k in cap space.

Yes I understand the Hooman trade isn't the same as a pick and that the compensatory picks are being used as trade bait now but look at the big picture and you'll get my position on what BB is doing - quickly recognizing the team's flaws and doing what he can to correct those flaws right now. The bye week now is a huge advantage to catch these players up quickly; no vacation for any of these new guys. There's only 1 reason in my mind that BB would make all these significant changes 3 wks into the season.

SB Baby.

People scoffed when I said BB was all in last year, too. As it turned out he was. Revis, Ayers et al. BB is all in now too, mark my words. :archive:

I must admit to finding any argument that Bill was or is all-in to be decidedly unconvincing. What does "all-in" mean to you, Chevs?

Well, to further it, if as the season goes on Hicks works out, you have him here to make a deal or an extension. If it doesn't work out, he will count as a FA leaving toward the compensatory draft selections.

Back