Hooman no more

They needed a guy in case something disastrous happened to Edelman or Dobson. He could at least kind of run routes even if he'd never get the ball thrown to him.

Now they have Keshawn Martin. They don't need a scrub who can't play.

Thompkins is finally gone, our long national nightmare is over, and hopefully we'll never, ever have to hear his name ever again, and he can go join Mark Harrison in exile.

Cute but KT can play and everyone here knows it save you. He's on speed dial but more likely for next year when either Dobson or Lafell or both are gone. Interesting don't you think that a newcomer like Martin played more snaps than Dobson? And played well to boot? KT is a future WR here. Harrison had the ability just not the desire. Can't fault me for not having access to his mind. KT wants to succeed. He says it every single day in his posts. He'll be back imo and our only nightmare is why Dobson didn't take advantage of his opportunity with LaFell out for an extended time.

Cute but KT can play and everyone here knows it save you. He's on speed dial but more likely for next year when either Dobson or Lafell or both are gone. Interesting don't you think that a newcomer like Martin played more snaps than Dobson? And played well to boot? KT is a future WR here. Harrison had the ability just not the desire. Can't fault me for not having access to his mind. KT wants to succeed. He says it every single day in his posts. He'll be back imo and our only nightmare is why Dobson didn't take advantage of his opportunity with LaFell out for an extended time.

Riddle me this one there, Kreskin.

If Thompkins can so totally play here - how come he didn't get a single snap the entire time he was here?

Not one.

Not even a little.

If he's as awesome as you say?

Why wasn't Dobson cut, in lieu of someone as awesome as Thompkins?

Edit: Now to be known as "Three-Times Cut" Thompkins.

Riddle me this one there, Kreskin.

If Thompkins can so totally play here - how come he didn't get a single snap the entire time he was here?

Because he was on the PS. :shrug_n:

Duh. :coffee:

And yes, I had a higher grade on KT that draft than I did on Dobson even though I knew Dobson would be drafted higher (4th rnd) than KT (udfa). Go back and read what I said about them at the time. KT was too new to the game to rate a draft pick but that didn't mean he couldn't play. Unlike Harrison, KT has expressed his desire from day 1.

And yes, I had a higher grade on KT that draft than I did on Dobson even though I knew Dobson would be drafted higher (4th rnd) than KT (udfa). Go back and read what I said about them at the time. KT was too new to the game to rate a draft pick but that didn't mean he couldn't play. Unlike Harrison, KT has expressed his desire from day 1.

Then why didn't they cut Dobson and put Thompkins on the active roster? Even to put Dobson on the PS?

Did they cut Thompkins?

I barely miss him. Give me the DL depth all day, especially a run stuffing one. Besides, we have Tyms.

:coffee:

They needed a guy in case something disastrous happened to Edelman or Dobson. He could at least kind of run routes even if he'd never get the ball thrown to him.

Now they have Keshawn Martin. They don't need a scrub who can't play.

Thompkins is finally gone, our long national nightmare is over, and hopefully we'll never, ever have to hear his name ever again, and he can go join Mark Harrison in exile.

He was a fan favorite here for the unicorns, show ponies where the beef TD catch against the Saints .

He was a fan favorite here for the unicorns, show ponies where the beef TD catch against the Saints .

Oh, I'm aware. He also straight up dropped about 6 of the exact same pass that year. Just like how Brandon Bolden ran for 100 yards in a game 4 years ago, so he's totally going to be the 3rd down back this year.

People just don't take resume into account it seems - it's kind of frustrating.

If Bill can coach this guy up, get him focussed Hicks will be a very good D lineman. He was a starter for the Saints and is a handful for the O line. He'll plug that run defense that's for sure. It looks a good move with ablotnof potential.

Maybe moving in the direction of 3-4 again? Who knows. We have 7 DEs, I think. It's kind of crazy.

Easley is hurt though. I think Bill sees the front 7 as the strength of this D and apparently Hicks can rush the passer. Hooman was expendable given we have Gronk, Chandler and Williams who passed Hoo on the depth chart.

If Bill can coach this guy up, get him focussed Hicks will be a very good D lineman. He was a starter for the Saints and is a handful for the O line. He'll plug that run defense that's for sure. It looks a good move with ablotnof potential.

Yeah. Pretty much my thoughts. He is a big guy to help with the run defense but can also get after the passer.

By trading Hooman what happens to the Pats' 4 TE formation?

Against the Jags, Bolden replaced Hooman in that blocking role. It wasn't 4 TEs but it was the same formation. Develin would have perfect for the role but he's on IR. Shaq Mason has come in on goal line sets as the fullback this year so he could replace Hooman's role. I don't think the 4 TE formation is dead but the 4 TE label is since we only have 3 TEs now.

Against the Jags, Bolden replaced Hooman in that blocking role. It wasn't 4 TEs but it was the same formation. Develin would have perfect for the role but he's on IR. Shaq Mason has come in on goal line sets as the fullback this year so he could replace Hooman's role. I don't think the 4 TE formation is dead but the 4 TE label is since we only have 3 TEs now.
Maybe someone from the defense can be another TE? A reprise of the Mike Vrabel role?

Solder is your 4th TE in that situation and they can have Cannon in at LT for those situations.

Back