How does Tom Brady compare with other QBs?

Who has the lowest potential of these quarterbacks drafted since 2000?

• Chad Pennington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giovanni Carmazzi

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Chris Redmond

• Tee Martin

• Marc Bulger

• Spergon Wynn

• Tom Brady

• Total voters

vertigho

Reaction score
Mike Anderson was the best offensive rookie in the NFL in the 2000 season. In terms of individual production, impact on team's win/losses, and future potential, Anderson is way ahead of all other rookies on offense. Brian Urlacher similarly on defense.

Statistically Tom Brady did nothing. He also had the best supporting cast and best coaching staff of any rookie quarterback. Chris Redman gets an incomplete so I'm essentially excluding him. Spergon Wynn gets an honorable mention for his performance with the worst supporting cast of any rookie quarterback. I also think the Patriots may have been better off if they had traded up to select Keith Bullock and then selected Marc Bulger with their subsequent pick. Although in that scenario they're probably losing out on J.R. Redmond. Still, Bullock looks like he'll be terrorizing opposing quarterbacks for the next decade at least. And I like Bulger's potential from the second tier 2000 draft prospects at quarterback.

Considering Tom Brady's potential with other quarterbacks drafted in 2000, here is my ranking, most potential to least:

01. Chad Pennington
02. Giovanni Carmazzi
03. Chris Redmond
04. Tee Martin
05. Marc Bulger
06. Spergon Wynn
07. Tom Brady

The bad news is the top 4 are in the AFC and play for already playoff contending teams. Pennington is going to be a constant beast in the division and Miami is loaded with young talent. And none of this includes Manning in Indy.

Tom Brady needs a true #1 receiver. They've got the complementary run game. But the receives aren't good enough for Brady to maximize his potential. I don't trust the Patriots draft board as it relates to receivers. I'd like to see them take a run at Hines Ward. Pittsburgh seems unlikely to retain him. His versatility would do wonders for any offense (assuming full health). Not sure how attractive New England is for receivers at this point.

Wynn has a big arm and is mobile. He's the type of QB best fitted for today's NFL. The days of the pocket passer/game manager is over. Brady might be a good game manager type but he does not have a strong arm , is not mobile,and has a low ceiling.

LOL. So bitter. I love it.

Mike Anderson was the best offensive rookie in the NFL in the 2000 season. In terms of individual production, impact on team's win/losses, and future potential, Anderson is way ahead of all other rookies on offense. Brian Urlacher similarly on defense.

Statistically Tom Brady did nothing. He also had the best supporting cast and best coaching staff of any rookie quarterback. Chris Redman gets an incomplete so I'm essentially excluding him. Spergon Wynn gets an honorable mention for his performance with the worst supporting cast of any rookie quarterback. I also think the Patriots may have been better off if they had traded up to select Keith Bullock and then selected Marc Bulger with their subsequent pick. Although in that scenario they're probably losing out on J.R. Redmond. Still, Bullock looks like he'll be terrorizing opposing quarterbacks for the next decade at least. And I like Bulger's potential from the second tier 2000 draft prospects at quarterback.

Considering Tom Brady's potential with other quarterbacks drafted in 2000, here is my ranking, most potential to least:

01. Chad Pennington
02. Giovanni Carmazzi
03. Chris Redmond
04. Tee Martin
05. Marc Bulger
06. Spergon Wynn
07. Tom Brady

The bad news is the top 4 are in the AFC and play for already playoff contending teams. Pennington is going to be a constant beast in the division and Miami is loaded with young talent. And none of this includes Manning in Indy.

Tom Brady needs a true #1 receiver. They've got the complementary run game. But the receives aren't good enough for Brady to maximize his potential. I don't trust the Patriots draft board as it relates to receivers. I'd like to see them take a run at Hines Ward. Pittsburgh seems unlikely to retain him. His versatility would do wonders for any offense (assuming full health). Not sure how attractive New England is for receivers at this point.
I hear an echo in here. :rofl:

Cheers

More evidence that as good as Tom was in his first few years, he wasn't the GOAT back then even though the Pats were winning a lot of games.
He had some really awful games.

View: https://twitter.com/TB_Facts/status/1491797006402023434

FLPtd7pUcAUpMM0

I think I've said it before in another thread, but here's what it would take for another QB to get on Brady's level.

First, have Joe Montana's career, regular season and post-season.
Then, have Joe Montana's career again.

That would put you in the conversation, but a little more would be required to equal or surpass Brady. For example, Montana never led the league in passing yards; Brady has led the league in that stat four times (twice while he was in his 40s).

montana never played much in the cap/fa era either. plus he had a h.o.f hc and lots of hof players and a big spend owner.

01. Chad Pennington
02. Giovanni Carmazzi
03. Chris Redmond
04. Tee Martin
05. Marc Bulger
06. Spergon Wynn
07. Tom Brady

correct the highlighted and you may be on to something. Brady didn't play as a rookie, the Pats went 5-11 while BFB was cleaning house. They started the '01 season 0-2...and then St. Mo's day happened. And no, Brady wasn't nearly the GOAT at that point...BUT...he led the league in TD passes in '02, was named as an AP for the first time in '03...in addition to winning back-to-back SBs in '03 and '04

Looking at winningest NFL QB's (regular season) for just the past 5 years:

Tom Brady 60 *
Patrick Mahomes 50
Aaron Rodgers 49
Taysom Hill 48 :rofl:
Russell Wilson 48

* All age 40 (+)

He has crushed all the rest while all alone in his 40s.

Tom Brady 60 *
Patrick Mahomes 50
Aaron Rodgers 49
Russell Wilson 48

* All age 40 (+)

I know I've put this somewhere before, but: Brady is the best QB over three different decades and eras.

The best QB Peyton Manning played against was Tom Brady.
The best QB Aaron Rodgers played against was Tom Brady.
The best QB Patrick Mahomes will play against is Tom Brady.

Also Spergon Wynn was hot garbage coming out. A less-talented Christian Hackenburg.

I know I've put this somewhere before, but: Brady is the best QB over three different decades and eras.

The best QB Peyton Manning played against was Tom Brady.
The best QB Aaron Rodgers played against was Tom Brady.
The best QB Patrick Mahomes will play against is Tom Brady.
And no one else is remotely close in any decade.

Tom Brady 60 *
Patrick Mahomes 50
Aaron Rodgers 49
Russell Wilson 48

* All age 40 (+)

Listen, buddy... If Aaron Rodgers had teammates like Tom Brady on his team, he'd probably have 7 rings by now, too. :coffee:

Here is just some numbers. Just google hits posting today for just these well known QB names, entered as shown.. Honest don't know what it means, But TFB seems to be doing ok here.

Patrick Mahomes 16.6 Milliom
Peyton Manning 26.9 Million
Aaron Rodgers 27.6 Million

Tom Brady 501.0 Million (half-BillionCheers

Haven't had many QBs but TFB was pretty good, better than Bledsoe but Drew was more of a gentleman. Brett Favrarh was the most athletic and what you'd expect from a country boy.

Sorry, I'll show myself out. 🥸

To be fair these stats look good when accounting for how every passing stat got inflated after Polian passed new rules prohibiting CBs from being physical. Brady led the entire league in passing TDs in 2002 with only 28 TDs. Have to be fair and place this all in context. Nowadays 20+ QBs have a QB rating over 95 every year. Apples to oranges.

Back