How does Tom Brady compare with other QBs?

Who has the lowest potential of these quarterbacks drafted since 2000?

• Chad Pennington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giovanni Carmazzi

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Chris Redmond

• Tee Martin

• Marc Bulger

• Spergon Wynn

• Tom Brady

• Total voters
To be fair these stats look good when accounting for how every passing stat got inflated after Polian passed new rules prohibiting CBs from being physical. Brady led the entire league in passing TDs in 2002 with only 28 TDs. Have to be fair and place this all in context. Nowadays 20+ QBs have a QB rating over 95 every year. Apples to oranges.

Actually only 2004 was played with Polian's new Point of Emphasis. The Pats aggressive DB play during 2003 is what drove Polian to concoct his little cheat favoring his wimp-ass team.
Polian's Ty Law Rule didn't come into effect until the Competition Committee (Polian and Jeff Fisher :sad95:) and the Eagles talked ownership into approving the "point of emphasis" at the Owners' Meeting on March 30, 2004.

The playoff game between the Pats and Colts that got Polian riled up was Jan. 19, 2004. I still remember Ty Law throwing Marvin Harrison out of bounds. 😁
There's your context.

Anyway, you missed the point I made in the post which was simply this:
"More evidence that as good as Tom was in his first few years, he wasn't the GOAT back then even though the Pats were winning a lot of games.
He had some really awful games."
I wasn't comparing Tom to QBs today.

Actually only 2004 was played with Polian's new Point of Emphasis. The Pats aggressive DB play during 2003 is what drove Polian to concoct his little cheat favoring his wimp-ass team.
Polian's Ty Law Rule didn't come into effect until the Competition Committee (Polian and Jeff Fisher :sad95:) and the Eagles talked ownership into approving the "point of emphasis" at the Owners' Meeting on March 30, 2004.

The playoff game between the Pats and Colts that got Polian riled up was Jan. 19, 2004. I still remember Ty Law throwing Marvin Harrison out of bounds. 😁
There's your context.

Anyway, you missed the point I made in the post which was simply this:
"More evidence that as good as Tom was in his first few years, he wasn't the GOAT back then even though the Pats were winning a lot of games.
He had some really awful games."
I wasn't comparing Tom to QBs today.

1. I don’t disagree that tb12 didn’t have an insane stats season until Moss in 2007. But he was an excellent clutch game manager who led the NFL in throwing TDs his 2nd year as a starter. And they broke the winning streak record in that span. And those game logs you posted, look excellent, only 1 multiINT game in almost two dozen games. Wouldn’t have expected him to put up Peyton numbers when he had Givens, Branch, Graham to throw to plus again half those games were with very different CB physical play against receivers. Just because tb12 had a 250 yard 1 TD game doesn’t mean it was a bad game, he was always good at taking what the defense gave.

I know I've put this somewhere before, but: Brady is the best QB over three different decades and eras.

The best QB Peyton Manning played against was Tom Brady.
The best QB Aaron Rodgers played against was Tom Brady.
The best QB Patrick Mahomes will play against is Tom Brady.
You can add Josh Allen to this list too.

1. I don’t disagree that tb12 didn’t have an insane stats season until Moss in 2007. But he was an excellent clutch game manager who led the NFL in throwing TDs his 2nd year as a starter. And they broke the winning streak record in that span. And those game logs you posted, look excellent, only 1 multiINT game in almost two dozen games. Wouldn’t have expected him to put up Peyton numbers when he had Givens, Branch, Graham to throw to plus again half those games were with very different CB physical play against receivers. Just because tb12 had a 250 yard 1 TD game doesn’t mean it was a bad game, he was always good at taking what the defense gave.

EPA/A is the single most impt prognosticator for wins. Look at those numbers rather than int.s

Back