How is Seattle signing all these guys?

carolinatony

Reaction score
Where's the $$ coming from?

They were a few plays away from the Title game and were already loaded pretty good. Love their defense.

We all know FA signing don't mean success...see Skins and Eagles but you gotta be impressed.

Also got to be impressed with Seattle's "win now or bust" mentality. They will be so ****ed in a few years when they have to re-up all those kids on first contracts right now.

Also got to be impressed with Seattle's "win now or bust" mentality. They will be so ****ed in a few years when they have to re-up all those kids on first contracts right now.

Few teams like that, and since all of them cannot win the superbowl this year, someone is really screwing up.

The average lifespan of a coach is about 4 years.

If you're not trying to win now, you'll be looking for a job later. That's just how life in the NFL is right now.

If you're not trying to win now, you'll be looking for a job later. That's just how life in the NFL is right now.

Of course your team just signed 50 free agents, that is probably what I would say too.

The reason the average lifespan of a coach is about four years might be that too many people are looking to win right now (including owners)

Of course your team just signed 50 free agents, that is probably what I would say too.
Like 7. And we have to sign some free agents we're 40 million under the cap. League rules.

But look who we signed. We're looking for lots of ripples, not big splashes. I've very happy with our offseason thus far and look for that to continue.

The reason the average lifespan of a coach is about four years might be that too many people are looking to win right now (including owners)
Honestly though, with free agency, if you can't rebuild a team in 4 years you should be fired.

There are just ways to do it and ways not to do it.

Honestly though, with free agency, if you can't rebuild a team in 4 years you should be fired.

There are just ways to do it and ways not to do it.

Grigson has done everything right. Cut the dead weight, nailed the draft, signed value guys. I would not be shocked if they all tUrn out to be beasts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Here's why Seattle and SF, as good as they are, can sign all these peeps. Neither of them have a 20 million dollar QB sucking up cap space. Now don't ask me how Denver is doing it, because THAT is a mystery.

They're actually spending their cap money instead of just sitting on it.

In case you haven't noticed, many of the top corners are off the market already, none signed by the Patriots. Now tell me, do you feel confident of their ability to find a corner in the draft?

I read last night that Denver is $50k under the cap. That's risky if you ask me. The Pats are in decent shape with $16-18M still to spend...$8-9M with draftees and BB's $5M in reserve. With this depressed FA market, I'm hoping BB takes less in reserve this year of all years.

There are still some top notch CBs out there the Pats can grab, but I'd like them to get on it quickly.

Back