How should or should not seasons end?

blantyr

Reaction score
Website
polyticks.com
Josh Sitton has an opinion...

As Packers players cleaned out their belonging in the locker room Monday, Pro Bowl left guard Josh Sitton took the morose a step further, saying he'd rather have missed the playoff altogether than lose in that fashion.

"Anytime you feel like you should have won, it's tough to get over," he said, per ESPN Wisconsin. "And when it's the last one, it's very difficult to get over. You feel like it's a waste of seven, eight months. What's the point of getting this far? I'd have rather not even made the playoffs."

So which is worse...

• The Broncos went one and done... again... after high hopes... again...
  • The Packers had it nigh on locked up. There were so many ways that making a single play would have given them a win over the Seahawks.
  • The Colts got blown out of Gillette Stadium.
  • A whole bunch of teams didn't make the playoffs.

Do people have opinions on what is the better or worse way to end a season? Which option causes the most angst and lost sleep? The Colts seem to know they are Not There Yet, but some might be pleased that they took one more step further than last year. Some in Denver might be dismayed that Peyton might be fading or that they have been trying the wrong approach. The Packers and their fans might be kicking themselves the hardest...

It seems as if the world is against the Pats. It would be the ultimate "FU" to win the big one...especially this year!

Josh Sitton has an opinion...

So which is worse...

• The Broncos went one and done... again... after high hopes... again...
  • The Packers had it nigh on locked up. There were so many ways that making a single play would have given them a win over the Seahawks.
  • The Colts got blown out of Gillette Stadium.
  • A whole bunch of teams didn't make the playoffs.

Do people have opinions on what is the better or worse way to end a season? Which option causes the most angst and lost sleep? The Colts seem to know they are Not There Yet, but some might be pleased that they took one more step further than last year. Some in Denver might be dismayed that Peyton might be fading or that they have been trying the wrong approach. The Packers and their fans might be kicking themselves the hardest...

Not every team that makes the playoffs has a real chance to win, despite all that "any given Sunday" bullshit that we've all been told all our lives. In the AFC, as much as I hate to admit it, the team with the best shot at knocking off the Patriots was the Ravens. Once they were defeated, it was pretty much a cakewalk regardless of who came out of the other divisional game. That games was the real AFCG (possibly even the real Super Bowl...got a gut-level feeling about this one). In the NFC, the only 2 teams with a real shot of winning (seriously...Dallas?...Tony Romo?...c'mon...) made it to the final, and it should have been Green Bay pulling that one out if McCarthy didn't cough up a hairball.

Here's the truth about the Super Bowl-

- Seattle is offensively inept. I don't care about Lynch or Wilson running the ball. Stack the box and make Wilson beat you over the top

- the LOB isn't what it was last year. Sherman is nursing a dislocated elbow. Every chance you get with him you hit the elbow.

Not every team that makes the playoffs has a real chance to win, despite all that "any given Sunday" bullshit that we've all been told all our lives. In the AFC, as much as I hate to admit it, the team with the best shot at knocking off the Patriots was the Ravens. Once they were defeated, it was pretty much a cakewalk regardless of who came out of the other divisional game. That games was the real AFCG (possibly even the real Super Bowl...got a gut-level feeling about this one). In the NFC, the only 2 teams with a real shot of winning (seriously...Dallas?...Tony Romo?...c'mon...) made it to the final, and it should have been Green Bay pulling that one out if McCarthy didn't cough up a hairball.

- Seattle is offensively inept. I don't care about Lynch or Wilson running the ball. Stack the box and make Wilson beat you over the top

- the LOB isn't what it was last year. Sherman is nursing a dislocated elbow. Every chance you get with him you hit the elbow.

Earl Thomas seperated shoulder as well.

I agree we SHOULD be able to somewhat contain Lynch. But he'll require solid gang tackling.

I felt as you did about Wilson. Then he drops a beauty in OT for the win. Still, that's the way to play em. And see if they can keep pace with Tom & Co.

Earl Thomas seperated shoulder as well.

I agree we SHOULD be able to somewhat contain Lynch. But he'll require solid gang tackling.

I felt as you did about Wilson. Then he drops a beauty in OT for the win. Still, that's the way to play em. And see if they can keep pace with Tom & Co.

Pats secondary > Green Bay secondary

I think that you always want to make the playoffs, go as far as you can. In a one game playoff, anything can happen. Regardless of what happens in two weeks, I'm proud of this Patriots season, for example. It's been a fun ride.

I think that you always want to make the playoffs, go as far as you can. In a one game playoff, anything can happen. Regardless of what happens in two weeks, I'm proud of this Patriots season, for example. It's been a fun ride.

yeah this is one of the most fun years in a long time. Proud of what they have accomplished but expecting them to bust a freaking nut getting ready to finish the ride on a high.

I think it's all about playing your best, even if your best doesn't get you far.

I'm more upset when NE loses games due to their own mistakes and lack of execution, or sluggishness.

NE's in the Super Bowl, Baby :celebrate:

how should it end? part 1

Male_mallard_duck_3.jpg

For me, it's about expectations and emotion.

In 2011, I never expected that team to get to where they were and the whole lockout, Kraft dealing with the negotiations, then losing his wife who urged him to continue negotiating, etc. added another emotional punch to that season. I loved that team even though they lost in the SB.

In 08, losing TB, and watching how they adjusted with Cassel and watching him grow as a player, I loved that year as well even though they didn't even make the playoffs.

Then there are years like 09-10 where I felt the team underachieved and did not handle adversity well. 09 in particular left me cold.

I believe this also. No way The Pats lose the SB this time. (Assuming all the skilled players stay out of jail and bar fights). Other stuff like this.

Back