How To Stop The Ravens?

Yeah, except the Ravens don't have Andy Reid bumbling at the controls. Harbaugh is (arguably) the best coach in football and right up their with Belichick.

The Ravens vs. Patriots right now is men vs. boys. Unless something changes (a Lamar injury), I don't see them losing again until next fall.

Harbaugh arguably the best coach in football? Really? He’s good, but his teams haven’t exactly been a lock to make the playoffs over the years. I would never put him and BB in the same category. In a Pats Ravens matchup, in terms of coaching is advantage Pats. At every level.

Men vs boys? Are you kidding?

The ravens came out and punched NE in the face right away. The pats took it though and still had a good shot at wining that game. Home field is going to be very important as it is every year, but come on. The league hasn’t seen a double threat rush attack like Jackson and Ingram in a long time, and they broke out a lot of new stuff vs NE. The ravens also were coming off a bye which probably helped them quite a bit with preparations. That said BB adjusted and by the second half the defense was playing much better. Don’t be a prisoner of the moment. Jackson has had half a season of stellar play. Teams will adjust. It’s the NFL.

We have all seen the difference in o-line play with Karras playing center and making the calls vs Andrews. The Ravens losing their starting center could be a huge blow.

Something as simple as the snap speed to Jackson in the pistol formation can alter the timing and outcome of their running plays.

Yeah, except the Ravens don't have Andy Reid bumbling at the controls. Harbaugh is (arguably) the best coach in football and right up their with Belichick.

The Ravens vs. Patriots right now is men vs. boys. Unless something changes (a Lamar injury), I don't see them losing again until next fall.

Let’s not get carried away here.

There’s not a single owner that’d take Harbaugh over BB, including his own.

And men vs boys is strong. They played well I’ll grant you. But they also had 2 weeks prep.

Pats losing to the same opponent 2 out of 2 times in the same season, that is extremely rare. If the Ravens try to play against the Pats with the same game plan, the Pats will win. One thing that does worry me some is that the Ravens D has been much better lately. Of course having the luxury of playing with the lead helps with that. If that Pats get out to an early lead I can see the Ravens unraveling quickly.

I'm interested in seeing how the Browns and Steelers play against Jackson the second time around. The Steelers more so assuming the Ravens have anything to play for in that last game.

My opinion differs. I don't like the '1 hit and he's out' take. That's what we keep hearing about Brady which rubs me wrong. As for being a passer? Jackson has proven many pundits wrong this year. His stats speak for him.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackLa00.htm
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb/2019

Lamar Jackson ranks in the top 3 or 4 passing QBs this year no matter how you look at it. Add in his running and he's top 1 or 2. This is reality.

It all depends on if he can be smart like Wilson when running...if he's greedy, he won't last long. Cam Newton in his prime was amazing. Now, he'll be on some other team.

It all depends...

It was more like him and 2 other guys stopping Donald.

I didn't really notice that in the game, just read an article that made it sound like he was mostly 1on1 against Donald but I'll take your word for it. I guess it should have raised some questions when it was stated that an undrafted rookie was able to take on Donald.

Anything Harbaugh sucks ass...in fact, the Ravens were prepared to let him go if he didn't have a good year.

Not sure why you think otherwise. He doesn't even know the fucking rules of the game.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

I didn't really notice that in the game, just read an article that made it sound like he was mostly 1on1 against Donald but I'll take your word for it. I guess it should have raised some questions when it was stated that an undrafted rookie was able to take on Donald.

He was double teamed probably on every play. Donald is the best dline in the game.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

I literally heard the same about the Chiefs last year. No way the pats can keep up with them, etc etc etc. The Pats winning a playoff game has not been a huge upset in about 20 years. I am not sure how many times this team has to prove people wrong before they get it.

This

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

While I agree a pure running QB is a ticking time bomb and eventually it blows up, until it does they are a legitimate threat.

Will the Browns go for a high ankle sprain? :coffee:

I can’t argue with those stats.
I'll give it a shot :)

I know it's a little cherry picky but when he's been forced to throw, 25+ pass attempts(5 games), he's been pedestrian with an average rating of 82.3 with 5 INTs. One game he had a rating of 104.8, but that was against one of the worst defenses in the NFL(Arizona). The trick is of course being able to contain him and the run game enough to force him to throw, or getting out to a good sized lead. Easier said than done.

Jackson is a far better runner than Wilson ever was. It's hard to argue with these facts...the guy is playing very well.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...J/JackLa00.htm

He's obviously more elusive. Yes. He's also more reckless...and that was my point. If he stays that way, well...we all know. Wilson is smart about when and where he runs. At least most of the time.

But, he's as close to an all Madden video game player as you can get. He's crazy talented.

Jackson is a far better runner than Wilson ever was. It's hard to argue with these facts...the guy is playing very well.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...J/JackLa00.htm

But Wilson is a better QB. I can put Wilson in any changing offense and he can be a good QB. Jackson has to have an offense basically built exactly to him in every way or that style will not work. I am not bashing Jackson, their offense is a machine, but its more than him that is making that offense do what its doing. Also, he is reckless and he will get hurt at some point, nobody plays like that for 10 years. It just doesnt happen. He is going to haev to learn how to adapt. Remember when Brady worked on his pocket game to get out of sacks, he did this at like 38 years old. Its not always going to be a perfect offense for Jackson's strengths and he will have to learn how to be a QB that does not need college t wing formations to pass.

I'll give it a shot :)

I know it's a little cherry picky but when he's been forced to throw, 25+ pass attempts(5 games), he's been pedestrian with an average rating of 82.3 with 5 INTs. One game he had a rating of 104.8, but that was against one of the worst defenses in the NFL(Arizona). The trick is of course being able to contain him and the run game enough to force him to throw, or getting out to a good sized lead. Easier said than done.

Brady's QBR is 55.8 with 20 TDs and 5 ints.
Jackson's QBR is 81.9 with 25 TDs and 5 ints.
Those are the facts. I don't like it but it is what it is.

I should have been clear, my post was in response to you saying he's proved everybody wrong about his passing. His bulk stats might look like that but if you actually break it down I would say that he definitely has not(yet). Overall I agree he's having a fantastic year and will likely win an MVP but that wasn't what I was arguing.

Vick had an almost identical season in 2010 and other similar seasons, and I don't think anyone would argue that he proved to anyone he was a good passer.

Stats do tell the whole story, thats for sure. Especially QBR. JG last week had a 145 Qb rating and they gave him a QBR under the Rams QB...so that looks like a pretty viable stat to go by. Thing is though, I imagine it was a little different in what Jackson was playing in and the fact he is 20 years younger. But hey we will see how it all turns out, I have heard these stories before. Here is a good story...

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
·
1h

Ravens’ S Earl Thomas to reporters today: “You think the 49ers are going to the Super Bowl? It could be, let’s see. We’ll just go out there and try to play the best football we can possibly do. And when the Super Bowl comes, whoever we play, they’re going to be in trouble.”

Its week 11. Lets see how it turns out before we put Jackson in the Hall of fame like the media has.

Stats do tell the whole story, thats for sure. Especially QBR. JG last week had a 145 Qb rating and they gave him a QBR under the Rams QB...so that looks like a pretty viable stat to go by. Thing is though, I imagine it was a little different in what Jackson was playing in and the fact he is 20 years younger. But hey we will see how it all turns out, I have heard these stories before. Here is a good story...

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
·
1h

Ravens’ S Earl Thomas to reporters today: “You think the 49ers are going to the Super Bowl? It could be, let’s see. We’ll just go out there and try to play the best football we can possibly do. And when the Super Bowl comes, whoever we play, they’re going to be in trouble.”

Its week 11. Lets see how it turns out before we put Jackson in the Hall of fame like the media has.

Oh, let’s see the strong pimp hand of kharma dope slap these fools now.

If Lamar Jackson continues to keep running and playing the way he has, he is going to get injured and his career could be in jeopardy.

The Ravens designed their offense to fit Lamar Jackson and the way he played in college, it won't take but a season or so before that problem is solved and if I had to guess on who solves it, I'd look no further than BB.

If Lamar Jackson continues to keep running and playing the way he has, he is going to get injured and his career could be in jeopardy.

The Ravens designed their offense to fit Lamar Jackson and the way he played in college, it won't take but a season or so before that problem is solved and if I had to guess on who solves it, I'd look no further than BB.

I’ll say Pitt.

They have them sooner, have a tough front 7, and there’s no love lost.

WTF are you shooting in your veins?

Back