Hoyuh or Zap/E?

Probably Hoyer at first but if he struggles then I'd like to see what Zappe can do.

This is probably what will happen.
I'd like to see Zappe as much as the next guy but against GB's very good defense, Hoyer is the best guy but that doesn't mean he'll be good.
This is a loss no matter how many ways I look at it.
Turnovers were the key to our loss vs the Ravens. Maybe Rodgers will throw a few ints our way to make it interesting.

This is probably what will happen.
I'd like to see Zappe as much as the next guy but against GB's very good defense, Hoyer is the best guy but that doesn't mean he'll be good.
This is a loss no matter how many ways I look at it.
Turnovers were the key to our loss vs the Ravens. Maybe Rodgers will throw a few ints our way to make it interesting.
1-18. Hoyuh's last few games as a starter. :coffee:

I'd prefer Zappe to get the starts, although that is highly unlikely.

I would consider that he threw 62 TDs last year. Nobody in the history of College Football ever did that. He looked very shaky at times in the preseason and
at times pretty good, but sometimes you roll the dice and somebody surprises you and the kid has that potential. Brian the Brain does not. As a note, the OL
has been providing time and a solid pocket-- something he saw very little in preseason and maybe that could make a difference. Could Zappe achieve some fluency
in the offense and provide an unexpected spark? I suggest that is a possibility. He could shock the football world.

I hate tank talk and want to see the team adapt to the situation and try to get Ws. Sadly, we were seeing some development in several areas that did not include
Mac's reluctance to throw a ball away when there is nothing there. Perhaps watching from the sidelines will give him a chance to reconsider what he's been
attempting to do this season and decide, in the future, to only take what is really there and stop forcing the ball. All the best QBs chuck it into the stands once
in a while and so should he.

I think there are opportunities to grow hidden in all the doom and gloom and I want the Pats to pursue them with every possible degree of effort.

Give the ball to the kid.

aaaaa.jpg

BB already knows what Hoyer can do...which isn't much. Zappe can get real time experience. Who knows, maybe he's actually legit?

I'd prefer Zappe to get the starts, although that is highly unlikely.

I would consider that he threw 62 TDs last year. Nobody in the history of College Football ever did that. He looked very shaky at times in the preseason and
at times pretty good, but sometimes you roll the dice and somebody surprises you and the kid has that potential. Brian the Brain does not. As a note, the OL
has been providing time and a solid pocket-- something he saw very little in preseason and maybe that could make a difference. Could Zappe achieve some fluency
in the offense and provide an unexpected spark? I suggest that is a possibility. He could shock the football world.

I hate tank talk and want to see the team adapt to the situation and try to get Ws. Sadly, we were seeing some development in several areas that did not include
Mac's reluctance to throw a ball away when there is nothing there. Perhaps watching from the sidelines will give him a chance to reconsider what he's been
attempting to do this season and decide, in the future, to only take what is really there and stop forcing the ball. All the best QBs chuck it into the stands once
in a while and so should he.

I think there are opportunities to grow hidden in all the doom and gloom and I want the Pats to pursue them with every possible degree of effort.

Give the ball to the kid.

View attachment 12686
100% on all counts. Exactly my thoughts.

100% on all counts. Exactly my thoughts.

Then I'm in solid company. Thanks.

One thing I wrote that I'm having some doubts about, though, is whether Hoyer will definitely get the nod. Bill knows better than us that Hoyer just can't throw up to pro standards. Consistent
lack of velocity combined with inaccuracy over and over again.

Having fluency in the offense is all well and good, but at the end of the day if you can't put the biscuit in the basket then it doesn't matter and Ds know exactly what to expect from
him. They do not with Zappe. I'll mention that Zappe's arm strength looked sub-standard at times during preseason while at others he zipped it pretty well. Could he have been suffering
from "camp arm"? Also, you can't spin it if you can't get your feet set and the OL was in total jailbreak mode then. His arm might be better than early returns may have indicated.

Bill is clearly doing some things differently this season and he might just decide to say fuck it and with Hoyer's blessing. I'm not sure what Brian does on the bench, but it's
possible that he provides some useful function and would be willing to help the kid no matter how the totem pole is stacked.

Hoyer might know they have something in Bailey and that he's at the end of the trail as a player. If anybody would put his status aside for the good of the team it might
be him.

If you average 4.4 TDs, 426 yards and less than one INT per game for an entire 14 game season then you have to have something special in you. Got to.

Bill the GM would want Bill the coach to make sure he gets Zappe on display at least to some degree. As we learned with Cassell. And Jimmy. And Jacoby. Dem backup QBs dat flash can bring in draft capital.

I would love for Zappe to be the starter, but I feel like this is a situation like when Cam got COVID.

Hoyer will get the start. The defense will step up and do their part, but then the offense will look terrible and stall. Then and only then will Zappe get a look.

Of course I could always be wrong, and I hope to be wrong since Zappe at times looked like Mac-lite. If they ride him out with more emphasis on the run game, and give the rookie some safe plays to throw from it might just work out.

Hoyer will start and if he stumbles too badly Zap/E comes in for mop up duty. I would be shocked if the game is even competitive next weekend.

Back