Hungover And Happy Miami Recap

GFY

Just.Dead.Sexy.
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Patriot Nation Brothas and Sistas...

Thank You, Thank You for an epic representation yesterday in the belly of the beast. This was the sports hilight of my year...so far.

It's been few years since I've been to Dolphin Stadium for a Pats game - I just really hate the place that much. Went Sunday because I was given sweet seats, free parking and a lot of beer, all on the Dolphins' dime (work related thing). Here are some spy reports:

- As always, there were frieking shitloads of Pats Fans there. Not as many as in years past, but understand the Miami hype machine was in full effect - they didn't sell of as many of their tickets. Rough estimate: 30% Patsfans.

- If any of you made the trip and were in South Beach Saturday night, I love you. I was told by 2 seperate Whiny Dolfans that they were heckeld by packs of Pats fans. "What's with all these New Englanders, we were outnumbered in our own town?!" Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

- I'm not really big on generalizations, but I think it applies here. I've now been to games in Foxboro of course, Tampa, Miami, Phoenix, Nashville, and San Francisco and I have NEVER seen such whiny, ignorant fans than in Miami. This was the 6th Pats/Miami matchup I've seen in South Florida and it's happend every time. They whine for EVERY flag. EVERY Miami incompletion you hear "Where's the flag?". They were convinced that Vrabel's big hit in the fourth(?) was dirty.

- Dolfans were LIVID about the third Moss TD, calling for, you guessed it, offensive int. They cheered when Welker was down before he got back up. Channing Crowder got a standing O leaving the field after starting the scrap with Light and then running away. I think you get an idea of what we're dealing with here.

Enough about them...Pats fans were loud and I was never prouder than to be among them in a tough atmosphere. How come I'm not hearing anything about the exodus of Miami fans leaving the stadium in the fourth? That place emptied out faster than Pacman's wallet after a meeting with the commissioner. And who was left standing? We were. In was beautiful, and Pats fans kick ass, don't let anybody ever tell you any different.

:rockon::patriots!

Thank You, Thank You for an epic representation yesterday in the belly of the beast. This was the sports hilight of my year...so far.

It's been few years since I've been to Dolphin Stadium for a Pats game - I just really hate the place that much. Went Sunday because I was given sweet seats, free parking and a lot of beer, all on the Dolphins' dime (work related thing). Here are some spy reports:

- As always, there were frieking shitloads of Pats Fans there. Not as many as in years past, but understand the Miami hype machine was in full effect - they didn't sell of as many of their tickets. Rough estimate: 30% Patsfans.

- If any of you made the trip and were in South Beach Saturday night, I love you. I was told by 2 seperate Whiny Dolfans that they were heckeld by packs of Pats fans. "What's with all these New Englanders, we were outnumbered in our own town?!" Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

- I'm not really big on generalizations, but I think it applies here. I've now been to games in Foxboro of course, Tampa, Miami, Phoenix, Nashville, and San Francisco and I have NEVER seen such whiny, ignorant fans than in Miami. This was the 6th Pats/Miami matchup I've seen in South Florida and it's happend every time. They whine for EVERY flag. EVERY Miami incompletion you hear "Where's the flag?". They were convinced that Vrabel's big hit in the fourth(?) was dirty.

- Dolfans were LIVID about the third Moss TD, calling for, you guessed it, offensive int. They cheered when Welker was down before he got back up. Channing Crowder got a standing O leaving the field after starting the scrap with Light and then running away. I think you get an idea of what we're dealing with here.

Enough about them...Pats fans were loud and I was never prouder than to be among them in a tough atmosphere. How come I'm not hearing anything about the exodus of Miami fans leaving the stadium in the fourth? That place emptied out faster than Pacman's wallet after a meeting with the commissioner. And who was left standing? We were. In was beautiful, and Pats fans kick ass, don't let anybody ever tell you any different.

+1!

I could pretty much write the same post (sans the South Beach part) you did. While I thought overall the Miami fans were cordial, once the wheels fell off the Phins team, their fans pretty much followed suit. The Phin fan behind me was a perfect example: "19 and CHOKE!" "72 Dolphins - the only PERFECT TEEEEEEAAAAAAM!!!!!!" and other :lame:BS about Spygate...:jerkit:

I said, "hey, at least we've BEEN to a Superbowl in the last 20 years!" ROFL Just sad, really.

Did you see some of the Pats fans' signs out there for Ricky Williams??? I'll be posting them later :cop: :high::cop:

1.) glad you had a good time :thumb::thumb:

2.) the crowd was very loud on the TV, for both sides :thumb:

3.) the Fin's crowd are dumb as stumps :archive:

4.) is the place never sold out for Pats' games when you have been there? it always seems I see empty seats during the game (like yesterday) for what was a primo matchup ---- [attendance 67,147 | capacity 76,500]

5.) did you get to see maelli topp-less or at least in a white wet T-shirt? any pics? >)

1.) glad you had a good time :thumb::thumb:

2.) the crowd was very loud on the TV, for both sides :thumb:

3.) the Fin's crowd are dumb as stumps :archive:

4.) is the place never sold out for Pats' games when you have been there? it always seems I see empty seats during the game (like yesterday) for what was a primo matchup ---- [attendance 67,147 | capacity 76,500]

I dunno, man they said it was sold out and it seemed so at the beginning. Then they all fade when they're not ahead. They'd rather talk on cellphones in the concourses.

5.) did you get to see maelli topp-less or at least in a white wet T-shirt? any pics? >)

Yes, but you have to go to my myspace page to see the. Just kiddin' M!!!

:thwak:
Fer cryin' out loud, that was ages ago! I've turned me over a new leaf, ok?! Sheesh... :choices:

But if you're dyin' to know, I wore a white t-shirt, but it was covered up by my throwback Seymour jersey :harumph: And fuhgeddabout getting ANYTHING wet, it was pretty windy all day, and I was kicking myself for not having something with long sleeves on.

Plus, I was pretty hungover right up until game time, as on Saturday this weird guy who drinks-a-lot force-fed me a half a liter of Bacardi at the Westin, only to be chased by a bottle of wine later that evening at a family gathering.

By the end of the evening I was in full Hawg :party: mode, sans the :Eason:part. Good times!

Great post, GFY, I felt like I was there. They are amateurs for the most part and it's no wonder they have issues selling tickets with the yahoos they call fans.

and Maelli......I'm sure you had a decent buzz on, but without the spectacular big finish its all just another night. My kind of drunk are the nights you remember. Sort of.

;)

Awesome shots, M. That one of the assclown giving the finger behind the family pic is classic!

Very enjoyable posts, GFY and Maelli.

But GFY, Moss should have been called for offensive PI on that long pass up the left side. Details, details.

GREAT pics I know what road game I am going to next year.:) People who know how to PAHTY.

great, great pics maelli TYVM* :thumb:

* Disclaimer: do not view the ass-shot of sir_drinkalot on a full stomach

:shake:
image.php
:shake:

GREAT pics I know what road game I am going to next year.:) People who know how to PAHTY.

Book it, babe!!! I really hope the schedule works for us next year and can make it again. If we do, we'll stay the night. Driving 3 hours home right after the game is just a drag!

Oh, and they are playing a regular season game IN Tampa next year too, so I get 2 road games! woohoo

and Maelli......I'm sure you had a decent buzz on, but without the spectacular big finish its all just another night. My kind of drunk are the nights you remember. Sort of.

;)

Same here! I would have been fine had I just enjoyed the family shindig with a beer or 2, but NOOOOO I just had to have wine...I probably finished the bottle for all I know, and it was one of those giant ones to boot. For being "in and out" of it most of the night I will say I did nothing to embarass myself (much) and I don't know how the hell I functioned on two feet, but the next morning I was paying for it :banghead:

Back