Hunter Henry to the Patriots!

We got him.

3 years $37.5M with $25M guaranteed.

Ewm0_nPXMAAlFrh

Last edited:
Amazing! The Two TE they drafted last year now have some great players to learn from. The Patriots can now do a lot more on offence.

TFB stayed for less money.
He did. And Bruschi and Troy Brown and probably others stayed for less money when they could have made more elsewhere. Very different from taking less money because there is no market for them anymore. They liked winning.

Some players will play for less to play for a winning team. Not nearly as many as I would have thought, though. I really never understood going for the big payday because the NFL small payday is still ridiculously big. Why anyone would refuse $10+ million for get the glorious feeling of winning to get $15 million to go home in a down mood every SUnday is beyond me. What can you not do with ten million dollars. What good is money if you aren't as happy as you could be. Bruschi, Brown, and Brady are tree examples. I'm sure other winning teams have some also, I only know the Patriots ones.

Another reason for staying for less money could be loyalty. I believe Joe Thomas stayed with the Browns because they were the team than drafted him.

In almost all cases, though, players will go for the top dollar. Doesn't matter who or where, they'll go to the highest bidder.

He did. And Bruschi and Troy Brown and probably others stayed for less money when they could have made more elsewhere. Very different from taking less money because there is no market for them anymore. They liked winning.

Some players will play for less to play for a winning team. Not nearly as many as I would have thought, though. I really never understood going for the big payday because the NFL small payday is still ridiculously big. Why anyone would refuse $10+ million for get the glorious feeling of winning to get $15 million to go home in a down mood every SUnday is beyond me. What can you not do with ten million dollars. What good is money if you aren't as happy as you could be. Bruschi, Brown, and Brady are tree examples. I'm sure other winning teams have some also, I only know the Patriots ones.

Another reason for staying for less money could be loyalty. I believe Joe Thomas stayed with the Browns because they were the team than drafted him.

In almost all cases, though, players will go for the top dollar. Doesn't matter who or where, they'll go to the highest bidder.
Agreed. It is hard for us to understand the difference between 10-15 million since to us 10 million is LIFE ALTERING as much as we think we would alter it. Everything is relative though. If I had too choose between a job that paid 300k and another that paid 450k I'd be gone in a second. And that is coming from a guy that has only worked for two companies in my entire adult career (28 years).

Good pickup by the Patriots. Along with the other tight end. They've improved quite a bit at that position. Their tight ends sucked the last couple of years-Ben Watson had a few catches in 2019, but he wasn't that great.

I've been really busy today and just got a chance to check in here and I am absolutely stunned that we got Henry too.

In two days we went from the worst TE room in the business to the best.

We went from:

18 receptions, 141 yds and 1 TD

To:

101 receptions, 1061 yds and 12 TDs

Not to mention our blocking got approximately 5 times better.

1615933973053.png

It makes sense regardless of who is at QB.
Exactly.

I don't think we're done at QB but, if we are, then Newton will be going into year two with a ton more viable receiving talent to help him out, a year of experience in the system under his belt, an offseason program (presumably) to lock it in and a power running game that should be formidable. Stack the box on 3rd and short to stop Newton and we kill you with the TEs. Don't and we'll kill you on the ground.

If we could get a top rookie QB to develop on top of all this then our amp will be pegged at 11.

TE Hunter Henry: Three years, $37.4 million​

• Salary: $19.5 million
  • Signing bonus: $15 million
  • Roster bonuses: $2.88 million
  • Cap numbers: $6.88 million (2021), $15 million (2022), $15.5 million (2023)

Alongside Jonnu Smith, who was also added by the Patriots earlier this week, Hunter Henry was seen as the top tight end available in this year’s free agency. New England compensated him accordingly by giving him a three-year contract that includes $24 million in guarantees. Given those, Henry appears to be a safe bet to be on the team’s roster for at least the next two seasons — all while joining Smith as one of the highest paid tight ends in football.

Back