Hurricane Ian - Category 4 With 155MPH Wind

Just saw a live report from a guy standing outside. The wind was blowing and rain was falling. He wasn't wrapped around a pole yet.

As I said in another thread, my parents, who are in RI right now (thank God), live in Cape Coral. They're not sure if they'll have a house to go back to after today. Hope anyone who didn't evacuate stays safe.

Little Wanderer #1 is right there, sending updates regularly.

Word is: it's windy, cloudy, and rainy.

Shit, looks really bad, stay safe Floridians. Tom was right to steal taxpayer money to buy that boat after all....

Word is: it's windy, cloudy, and rainy.
shocked the princess bride GIF

Man. Scary. Lots of prayers.

My son lives in Cape Coral and evacuated last night. Drove across the state at night to an AirBnb in W Palm. He, fiancé, 2 dogs ok.
The eye of the storm literally went over his neighborhood a short time ago. Another round of wind will follow.
He has no idea what he will return to but I will say it appears the Armageddon forecasts about 18 foot storm surge and 190 mph winds appear way overcooked.
No doubt there is damage and not sure what he will return to and what shape his house is in. He's of course fearful that he's lost everything. But no way of knowing.

We are obviously very very worried for him. But they are safe for now, thankfully. I told him everything is replaceable but he is not.

What are the odds of having a literal bulls eye with this on your neighborhood.

My son lives in Cape Coral and evacuated last night. Drove across the state at night to an AirBnb in W Palm. He, fiancé, 2 dogs ok.
The eye of the storm literally went over his neighborhood a short time ago. Another round of wind will follow.
He has no idea what he will return to but I will say it appears the Armageddon forecasts about 18 foot storm surge and 190 mph winds appear way overcooked.
No doubt there is damage and not sure what he will return to and what shape his house is in. He's of course fearful that he's lost everything. But no way of knowing.

We are obviously very very worried for him. But they are safe for now, thankfully. I told him everything is replaceable but he is not.

What are the odds of having a literal bulls eye with this on your neighborhood.
Good luck my friend!

~Dee~

Just texted with a long time friend/former client (retired) in Ft. Myers and he told me the storm surge is unprecedented. In his community there are homes and town homes with garages that are flooded 8 ft. There are smaller units with car ports and the car ports ARE GONE as in flown away. He is in Colonial Country Club which is 20 minutes inland. Wow.

This is one of those times where the hype was/is real.

Pray for Floridians.

Hopeful update late last night. Son is in W Palm Beach as noted. He heard from neighbor late last night who had stayed and rode it out. Report was that his house was
ok-ish, the caveat being it was dark and no power and still stormy so really hard to check closely. But evidently no flooding. So, some hope that he might be more fortunate.
This neighbor also reported that her own place was beat up pretty good. Since everything is open to the east, my boy took a list of supplies the neighbor needed and will attempt to get back in to deliver to her when they let people in.

Back