I give Maroney an A-

Stevo

Reaction score
Here's a list of his runs

YDS

1 TD

Taking out the 1 TD run, which ironically counts against a RB, his YPC were 4.26

A Breakdown of his Runs

0 Yards: 2
1-2: 4
3: 2
4-5: 5
>5: 6
71% of his runs went for 3 yards and up

He had 12 first down attempts
4.25 YPC
As you can see he did a good job of providing the Patriots with 2nd and short-"medium"

2nd Down
2&6 10
2&10 7
2&10 0
2&5 3
2&4 3
2&8 1

Did well on second down as well, converting once, and picking up big chunks of the first down yardage 3 of his other runs

His only 3rd down run was a 3&7 where he got 6.83 Yards, which was pretty much what the patriots wanted in the "Maroon" zone

Just like Maroney gets too much blame when things crap out, he is getting too much credit now. The OL did a great job opening up creases and only had a couple plays where they allowed immediate penetration.

I asked this in another thread and will do so here, did NE return to a power run blocking style? I looked less zone-ish to me, but I can't trust my eyes on these things.

Just like Maroney gets too much blame when things crap out, he is getting too much credit now.

I agree with that, but in my own biased opinion, he's definitely running a lot better then at the beginning of year, he was fighting for the extra yard well in this game

Out of curiosity, does anyone have Maroney's stats when Seabass is in contra when Light is in?
Nothing like that kind of competition to help Maroney.

I thought this was his best game of the year and not because of all the yards or the score.

stevo listed his yards per and the most impressive were a 5 of those runs. None for more than 3 yards. There were a handful of times he could have gotten stopped for a loss or no gain but put his melon down and plowed ahead for 2 or 3. thats what impressed me.

He isn't dancing around as much. I saw quite a few extra yards after contact yesterday. Just lowering his shoulder and pushing guys. I like it.
He was excellent.

*entirely wrong thread*
way...way off

Back