I have owls on my trashcan.

Oedipus Tex

Reaction score
I've had this trashcan for about 5 months now, and not once have I noticed that there are owls on it.

Now, most of the time, the owls are covered up, because I use trashbags that are too big to line it, but still - these are large, creepy-looking owls, 2 of them. I think they're Great Horned Owls.

Weird.

I'm quite sure I never purchased a trashcan with owls on it. And seeing as how I live alone.

Actually, this is pretty puzzling. I got the trashcan as an "I'm moving out of my place, take all my old crap" present from a friend, but how could I have missed the owls?

thomas144 said:
great. a birdwatcher's thread.
I'm no birdwatcher. I think they are great horned owls just because of the tufts that look like ears. Isn't that supposed to be the givaway? I thought it was.

It's just weird that I never have noticed them until now.

Obviously: 1) I'm normally pretty busy, too busy to notice, and 2) I'm having a very slow, low productivity sort of day.

thomas144 said:
great. a birdwatcher's thread.

It's better than having a thread about monkeys with red asses.

Then again...

Do you have anything like that in your domicile Oed?

Annihilus said:
It's better than having a thread about monkeys with red asses.

Then again...

Do you have anything like that in your domicile Oed?
Not that I know of, but after this revelation, I hesitate to speak with authority on what I do or do not have in my domicile.

Oedipus Tex said:
Not that I know of, but after this revelation, I hesitate to speak with authority on what I do or do not have in my domicile.

Thank you for a genuine laugh out loud moment.

"Yellow," thought Arthur.

Oedipus Tex said:
Oddly enough, the only thought that the bowl of petunias had was "Oh no, not again."

:D

That's why I laughed out loud. Your statement could have been written by Douglas Adams. Love that kind of humour. ;)

Undertaker #59 said:
:D

That's why I laughed out loud. Your statement could have been written by Douglas Adams. Love that kind of humour. ;)
"Prepare for the jump to hyperspace," said Zaphod, "it's unpleasantly like being drunk."

"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" asked Arthur.

"Just ask a glass of water."

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." :)

Back