I need a good rub

TBrownslady

BINGO!
Reaction score
God knows I opened up one hell of a can with that title but what I'm looking for is a good rub to put on steak. I tried a flat iron steak from the butcher this past weekend and although it was good it needed more flavor.

Some things to know about me is I can't handle spicy stuff so that eliminates a lot lol I am not a condiment lover I would much rather taste meat than sauces or whatever else. I also don't like an overload of flavor just enough to give it the yum factor because steak itself is usually quite yummy

So any good recipes?

I luv rubbing my meat..I also find spicy sauces painful..:coffee:

I've used the Montreal seasoning on steak. Let me know where you need me to rub it on, I'll try and be gentle:coffee:

Also, I've gotten some good steaks from BJ's.

:bhump::bhump::toast::pyx::spock: Oh......steak....rub...

I'd mix salt, pepper and garlic powder, coat the steaks with that, drizzle some olive oil on them, then grill them or sear them in a hot skillet.

Beaglebay said:
I'd mix salt, pepper and garlic powder, coat the steaks with that, drizzle some olive oil on them, then grill them or sear them in a hot skillet.

I was gonna do that sunday when I had gotten steaks last minute but I didn't want to ruin the steak. My bf makes fun of me for using olive oil all the time. Those are ingredients I always have on hand. Do you use a meat tenderizer?

I got rib eyes to cook tonight I wasn't planning on seasoning them but I'm not sure what they taste like I usually get ny strip or filet or tbone and those are fine as is

I got rib eyes to cook tonight I wasn't planning on seasoning them but I'm not sure what they taste like I usually get ny strip or filet or tbone and those are fine as is
Ribeye is a very flavorful steak..Excellent choice...Salt Pepper and a little Garlic. Cook steak in a cast iron pan with butter and a splash of Worcestershire sauce... Make sure pan is soo hot that it is smoking...

Back