If you had to smell like one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

As I was pondering this question, my first thought was that I wanted to smell like something everyone likes which had me thinking . . . bacon. Then, I realized that smelling like bacon may be offensive to those who don't eat meat. So, I switched to popcorn because I think everybody likes popcorn and it wouldn't offend anyone.

Then, I remembered that right now; I don't want to smell like anything that would attract others. Instead, I want to smell like something that would keep everybody away from me . . . like garlic. Yep, reeking of garlic would be a good way to insure social distancing. But, the question says that I would have to smell like that for the rest of my life and I have every hope of outliving COVID.

After eating a snack, I got my mind off of food and have decided to pick "fresh linen". That clean, yet subtle smell that I love from sheets that have dried in the wind. Don't know why drying in the wind brings about such a good smell, just know that I like it.

8ce4d5cbcb115a5b3eac5fdaeaf3cd64697c127e.jpg

Having grown up on the coast in Maine the thing i miss the most is the smell of the ocean. I love the ocean.
Funny. I was raised high above Gloucester Harbor when she was still one of the world's premier fishing -ports. The aroma of the fish being processed could be stunning and at low tide, with the breeze blowing my way, it was monumental. And I learned to love it. I wouldn't want it for all time but boy the memory.

Cheers

Funny. I was raised high above Gloucester Harbor when she was still one of the world's premier fishing -ports. The aroma of the fish being processed could be stunning and at low tide, with the breeze blowing my way, it was monumental. And I learned to love it. I wouldn't want it for all time but boy the memory.

Cheers
My neighbornood in South Portland was 2 blocks from the harbor. I’m well acquainted with that smell wafting across the bay from Portland’s commercial piers. That armoa accompanied me to school for several years. I really miss it. Where i live has no smell...or soul for that matter.

Back