I'm planning on working on the board a bit.

I'm going to see if I can hookup my personal laptop to my work dock early tomorrow and dual screen it to be more productive. Most of what I am doing is just renewing stuff and then running upgrades on existing add-ons. It shouldn't be that big a deal and may not even be noticeable.

But after I will look for new stuff to add. And depending on what those are, some may need testing.

I bought an app 6-7 years ago called Synergy. It was $10 then. It allows me to use two computers across 4 screens with one mouse and keyboard. Even more impressive is it does this for me on a Dell PC from work and my personal Apple M1 MBP. No lag. Occasionally I need to make sure the IP's line up but otherwise it just works.

"Most Ever Online" updated.

Its both a blessing and a curse that we don't have the statistics for the real record for that which happened on Feb 3, 2008 with nearly 2000 users at around 11pm.
Ugh. That was, by a distance, the worst I've felt as a fan of any sports team.

I bought an app 6-7 years ago called Synergy. It was $10 then. It allows me to use two computers across 4 screens with one mouse and keyboard. Even more impressive is it does this for me on a Dell PC from work and my personal Apple M1 MBP. No lag. Occasionally I need to make sure the IP's line up but otherwise it just works.

Thanks, I will look into it.

I wound up being lazy and comfortable instead. Recliner with laptop desk.

I can't reply with a quote from a poster anymore.

started a couple of weeks ago.

probably not your fault.

is it ok to say I hate progress?

but you rock.

I can't reply with a quote from a poster anymore.

started a couple of weeks ago.

probably not your fault.

is it ok to say I hate progress?

but you rock.
What happens when you hit the reply link right under the new thumbs up icon?

it just cycles on this computer, Im sure it's my issue. sucks because it didn't used to be like this. maybe some of the standard updates kicked my OS off?

I know this is probably true because if I access this site via my phone I don't have this issue. But I hate using my phone.

I will deal with it like I do everything else.

and just whine in the process.

Last edited:
it just cycles on this computer, Im sure it's my issue. sucks because it didn't used to be like this. maybe some of the standard updates kicked my OS off?

I know this is probably true because if I access this site via my phone I don't have this issue. But I hate using my phone.

I will deal with it like I do everything else.

and just whine in the process.
It just cycles? You mean like a spinning circle kind of thing?

Have you tried a different browser?

Up in the right hand corner, orange bars just keep rolling when I click reply. I can't update my browsers. chrome and FF and Safari updates are maxed out for my OS, I am on a early 2000's Mac G5 10.6.8 OS and just used to it. If I update the OS some of the software loaded on this computer would be useless..and I still use them.

Just weird this started happening just a few weeks ago... same thing on the Steelers board I visit who uses the same format PP changed to,
If you have any other suggestions, I am all ears. Not tech savvy.

I get this info when I click about chrome:

Version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit)
This computer will no longer receive Google Chrome updates because Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8 are no longer supported. Learn more

but I have for years gotten this message.

(I hope I haven't given the russians too much information)

Last edited:
I don't know a lot about Macs, but it sounds like to me you have reached the limitations of what your browsers can support.

Have you tried this as a workaround? Hit the '+Quote' link on the post you want to quote and reply to, go to the reply box and hit the button that says 'Insert Quotes'?

Let's me get to +quote but when I click insert quotes I get the orange bars again.

I figured it would come to this eventually.

No worries Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't know a lot about Macs, but it sounds like to me you have reached the limitations of what your browsers can support.

Have you tried this as a workaround? Hit the '+Quote' link on the post you want to quote and reply to, go to the reply box and hit the button that says 'Insert Quotes'?

I can cut and paste for a work around. if I ever feel the need.

I can cut and paste for a work around. if I ever feel the need.
Yes. And if you want to manually make it look like a quote, you use [ quote] at the start and [ /quote] at the end. Take out the space I inserted.

There are plenty of good up to date comps out there for <$600.There are plenty of good up to date comps out there for <$600.

Chevs, thanks but I just spent 1200 bucks in 2 days on our doggie. Gas prices are skyrocketing. Heck, everything is. I haven't looked for a computer but with the supply shortage...

beside I like the set up that has worked for 18 years,

dont mind me, I am whining....

Back