In Celebration Of Bill Belichick, Mac Jones and the NE Patriots

I've got a job Interview tomorrow, and a couple of shirts that look similar...I'm going to wear one of them tomorrow and see how it goes.
Either they won't hire me , or I'll be running the company because of zero f***s given within a week.
Just a follow up I didn't get the job but I am dating the HR rep. She's better than the job anyway.

This speaks for itself. No McVay. No Tomlin.
The torch has not passed regardless of what some people claim.
Belichick is king.

FUqM0whWUAYM02n

Cue up the he used his wife's money, he's dumb crowd. 🙄

Happy 81st boss.

Rock it. You have earned an amazing day far more than most.

Wonderful pic of he and his beloved on their wedding day. 💑
He lucked out in MANY different areas...I'll give him that.

Yes. Kraft is extremely lucky. More than the regular person, times 1,000,000 x fold...Absolutely. He met his wife (his initial fortune) at a synagogue. Married into a cardboard fortune. He does help build up his in-law's business up many times fold (he deserves credit for this). He buys the Patriots from that fortune. He hires Parcells (BB connection). He hires BB after almost passing over him for Dom Capers (his finest moment for the Patriots). BB drafts TB12 (needle in a haystack). His team wins 6 superb owls.

So many "what-if" moments that could have derailed the Patriots. Would Dom Capers be able to win 6 rings? I'm a Bledsoe fan, but, would he be able to win 6 superb owls?

Babooshka is mother/fucking lucky. Yes. Was he a part of it all? Sure. He's a savvy businessman. He was smart enough to step aside (somewhat) and let BB do his job. He was a bit meddlesome though here and there (buying groceries and cowering to Goodell).

:coffee:

Last edited:
Yes. Kraft is extremely lucky. More than the regular person, times 1,000,000 x fold...Absolutely. He met his wife (his initial fortune) at a synagogue. Married into a cardboard fortune. He does help build up his in-law's business up many times fold (he deserves credit for this). He buys the Patriots from that fortune. He hires Parcells (BB connection). He hires BB after almost passing over him for Dom Capers (his finest moment for the Patriots). BB drafts TB12 (needle in a haystack). His team wins 6 superb owls.

So many "what-if" moments that could have derailed the Patriots. Would Dom Capers be able to win 6 rings? I'm a Bledsoe fan, but, would he be able to win 6 superb owls?

Babooshka is mother/fucking lucky. Yes. Was he a part of it all? Sure. He's a savvy businessman. He was smart enough to step aside (somewhat) and let BB do his job. He was a bit meddlesome though here and there (buying groceries and cowering to Goodell).

:coffee:

I gotcha but I fail to see the luck in most of those.

He's a man of decent charachter with a good mind and good heart. May have been by chance he met his wife but highly unlikely that luck was why she married him.

Just about everything you mentioned were good business decisions. Were they not his to make?

Brady, you could make a case for but I can make an equal case that his decision to hire Bill who saw Bradys work ethic and devotion was a key factor.

Are you suggesting, "He did not build that" ?

Kinda teasing with that Obama reference. Lol

I gotcha but I fail to see the luck in most of those.

He's a man of decent charachter with a good mind and good heart. May have been by chance he met his wife but highly unlikely that luck was why she married him.

Just about everything you mentioned were good business decisions. Were they not his to make?

Brady, you could make a case for but I can make an equal case that his decision to hire Bill who saw Bradys work ethic and devotion was a key factor.

Are you suggesting, "He did not build that" ?

Kinda teasing with that Obama reference. Lol
Some of it was wise choices. Most of it was luck. His best business decision (Patriots-wise anyway) was hiring BB. Again, what if he ended up hiring Dom instead? What did Dom do in the NFL?

Obviously, IMA Pats fan, so...I'm happy that they won 6x. It's a pretty interesting story either way. I'm not necessarily saying that Kraft had nothing to do with the success of his team...but, he never won the 6 rings.

Some of it was wise choices. Most of it was luck. His best business decision (Patriots-wise anyway) was hiring BB. Again, what if he ended up hiring Dom instead? What did Dom do in the NFL?

Obviously, IMA Pats fan, so...I'm happy that they won 6x. It's a pretty interesting story either way.

But he didn't choose Dom is kinda the point.

By all accounts Bob liked what Bill brought to the table in 96 under Parcells. I think I read he wanted Bill instead of Pete Caroll but for whatever reason went with Pete and it looks like it was some ginger in between courses of Sushi and rid the bad taste of Parcells from the palate.

Ugh, can't believe i made that reference, I supremely dislike sushi. Anyone got any ginger. 😅

Then Bill came in for his interview and blew craft away with his technical knowledge and coherently constructed organizational team building plan and philosophy.

Luck that he didn't hire Capers? Just not seeing it.

But he didn't choose Dom is kinda the point.

By all accounts Bob liked what Bill brought to the table in 96 under Parcells. I think I read he wanted Bill instead of Pete Caroll but for whatever reason went with Pete and it looks like it was some ginger in between courses of Sushi and rid the bad taste of Parcells from the palate.

Ugh, can't believe i made that reference, I supremely dislike sushi. Anyone got any ginger. 😅

Then Bill came in for his interview and blew craft away with his technical knowledge and coherently constructed organizational team building plan and philosophy.

Luck that he didn't hire Capers? Just not seeing it.
You never read that story?

Troy Brown? Whoa!...

The original story has far more intrigue and big money stakes than the Cliff Notes version by PatsPulpit.

Kraft and PK sat down before the SB after the deflategate punishment year. The "FU tour" for Brady, Kraft and the Patriots. 28-3
They had a candid conversation and Kraft shared some wisdom.

My favorite Kraft line was about money. “The key to success in business, and the key to life, really, is creating aligned interests with smart people,” he said. “Winning football games has been more important to me than making money. Winning is what turns me on. Money is pretty good, but a shroud has no pockets.”

“I called Bill the next morning,” Parcells said. “I told him to call Kraft. I told him he should make sure to get at least four years in his contract.”

Belichick’s New England deal was announced less than 24 hours after Darth Vader’s phone call.

“I always felt we had a little bit of simpatico,” Kraft said. “It’s like a woman. A spouse. What’s right for me might not be right for some other man. In a football sense, he had product knowledge. Troy Brown. I listened. I remembered. Honestly, it was like when I bought the team. I thought I was going to pay $115 million, maybe $118, $120. I ended up paying $172 million, the most for a team ever at that time. I broke every rule in business when I did that. But you know why I did it? It’s my hometown team. I loved that team. I knew I’d never get another chance to buy it. So with the coach, I wanted Belichick. I was getting what I wanted if I got him. I’m not thinking about the next year or two. I’m thinking about three years, five years, 10 years. He was going to be with us for a long time.”

Now he has been. And Kraft has no regrets. Four Lombardi Trophies, a few spats … and no regrets. You hear about differences inside the upper echelon of the Patriots, the kind of differences that happen when strong-willed successful people disagree. But the thing about the Patriots is, the disagreements rarely reach the front page of the Globe.

“We’re like a family,” Kraft said. “When we disagree, we disagree in private. In all my businesses, we do not tolerate division from within.”

If you want the real story, read this. It may be the best work by PK in his career.

Back