In Celebration Of Tom Brady, Bill Belichick & The New England Patriots

Seems unlikely Brady will finish his career with the regular season TD record after this piss poor season. Was hoping he’d get it.

I know he’s miles ahead in the stats with playoffs combined but those aren’t the ones the media and many fans reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems unlikely Brady will finish his career with the regular season TD record after this piss poor season. Was hoping he’d get it.

I know he’s miles ahead in the stats with playoffs combined but those aren’t the ones the media and many fans reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point I'm just happy he was able to pass Manning. Every TD pass in the past eight games was such a struggle.

Interesting stat from Reiss:

Brady has 30 playoff wins, the other 11 QBs combined have 26.

F the media and many fans. Of course those stats mattered when Montana was still ahead but when Brady passed him, they no longer do. Kind of like how the term GOAT has been bastardized ever since he became the unequivocal greatest. Now it's given to players after one good year. That's no accident.

Ever wondered if you could be on page 1 for hundreds of keywords quickly?

I trolled twice.

F the media and many fans. Of course those stats mattered when Montana was still ahead but when Brady passed him, they no longer do. Kind of like how the term GOAT has been bastardized ever since he became the unequivocal greatest. Now it's given to players after one good year. That's no accident.

I mean I get it, Brady is close to the end, he is 42. Brady had 24 tds this year, the combined total of tds for 42 year old QBs in history is 7. He is getting trashed in the media on a daily basis. I guess I dont get it, I have seen QB's over the years get to the end and they are praised no matter how they play, brady plays better than most of them and is dragged through the mud even by pats fans. Its embarrassing what they NFL has become.

Don't ever forget

ECGCJH6WsAARgIo

Brady was below average this year. As in, below the average in the NFL. He was about 19th in QBR and 27th in completion percentage and YPP attempt. Yes, he had a crappy team around him. But Brady was off-target and made a bad thing worse.

Here's the problem: I don't mind Brady coming back, if a) he doesn't break the bank, and b) he's okay with possibly being benched halfway through the season and finishing his career on the pine watching Stidham. And I don't think either of those things happen. Bottom line is, at 42 he's not Tom F'in Brady: he's an average QB who, honestly, we could've replaced with Stidham in the past few games and probably had better results. If they surround him with better talent he might get back into the top ten in those categories. But he's not worth giant money, when they clearly need to upgrade across the roster (WR, TE, OL, some DL and secondary).

Don't ever forget

ECGCJH6WsAARgIo

John Fox and Mike Martz are also in there somewhere...

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Brady was below average this year. As in, below the average in the NFL. He was about 19th in QBR and 27th in completion percentage and YPP attempt. Yes, he had a crappy team around him. But Brady was off-target and made a bad thing worse.

Here's the problem: I don't mind Brady coming back, if a) he doesn't break the bank, and b) he's okay with possibly being benched halfway through the season and finishing his career on the pine watching Stidham. And I don't think either of those things happen. Bottom line is, at 42 he's not Tom F'in Brady: he's an average QB who, honestly, we could've replaced with Stidham in the past few games and probably had better results. If they surround him with better talent he might get back into the top ten in those categories. But he's not worth giant money, when they clearly need to upgrade across the roster (WR, TE, OL, some DL and secondary).

Agreed

Don't ever forget

ECGCJH6WsAARgIo

That is a great picture. Thank you. (earlier today, I couldn't for the life of my remember the name of that Carolina quarterback. It finally comes to me-Jake Del'home. That game was a shootout. Brady won that shootout).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Let’s goooo! <a href="https://t.co/hDzNUc8TOv">pic.twitter.com/hDzNUc8TOv</a></p>— Dave Portnoy (@stoolpresidente) <a href="https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1214256961929334786?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2020</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dammit

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1214256961929334786/video/1

While true that a 42 year old Qb could not make that offense into something. I am not sure many 30 year olds could have either. If you can show me a QB that can have a great year when receivers have no separation, you have a beat up oline that is missing its best player, an iffy run game, and NO TE, then I say go get that damn guy. I think his lower completion pct was basically him saving the team from a lot of turnovers, because I do not remember these wide open guys running all over the field he was missing. So yeah, I am ok if Brady wants to retire, but if they dont fix what was there this year, a QB with zero experience in the NFL is going to be ruined in this offense. Also, no if they bring Brady back, they are not going to bench him half way through the season, that is for 5-11 teams, not ones that are trying to win one more year which is what they would be if they brought him back. Also, this is a celebration thread, not a trash your best player in team history on the way out. I am sure you can find that somewhere else.

The greatest heist in NFL history occurred 20 years ago today.

ylczaglrngeghdwj3uip.jpg

Can it really be 20 years since Robert Kraft and Bill Parcells completed one of the most impactful transactions in the history of the NFL, a deal that was wrought with contentiousness but one that also helped transform a franchise?

Twitter was still several years away from existence back on Jan. 27, 2000, but it would be safe to suggest that few Patriots fans would have been constantly monitoring their feeds to update the events that led to Bill Belichick's arrival that day.

We all know the story by now but just as a quick refresher, Belichick's abrupt resignation as head coach of the Jets led to a power struggle between Kraft and Parcells, the former Patriots coach who had just stepped down from the top spot in New York to make way for Belichick. Ultimately the sides worked out an arrangement that led Kraft to send three draft picks including a first-rounder to New York for Belichick and a pair of late-round selections.

The deal quite possibly could be the greatest heist in league history.

His first order of business was basically to clean house, and those of us who were around at the time noticed immediately. Veterans were either sent packing or were clearly living on borrowed time. That 2000 team was so short on talent that it initially had four quarterbacks, the last of which has gone on to accomplish a thing or two in his two decades in New England.

The team finished 5-11, but in a lot of ways was more enjoyable to watch than its more talented predecessor the year prior. Belichick was instilling some toughness and accountability into his program, and all it took was one offseason to completely change the football landscape in New England forever.

The Patriots signed nearly two dozen free agents heading into the 2001 season. Any of the problem veterans that survived the initial purge were now gone as well. The group welcomed the defending NFC champion New York Giants to training camp that summer, and it was easy to see the Patriots were on their way back to respectability.

Few could have envisioned the Super Bowl title that would ensue, but watching those camp practices showed a renewed focus, not to mention an upgrade in overall talent.

Tom Brady eventually replaced the injured Drew Bledsoe, and Belichick now had the type of mistake-free quarterback he needed to make his system go. The 2001 Patriots won their final nine games en route to the title, and Belichick and Brady haven't stopped winning since.

The numbers are staggering:

• 6 Super Bowl titles
  • 9 AFC titles
  • 17 AFC East division titles
  • Career record – 302-139 (.685)
  • Regular season – 273-127 (.683)
  • Postseason – 31-12 (.721)
  • Patriots record – 267-94 (.740)
Perhaps the most amazing aspect of Belichick's greatness is his unwavering consistency. Whether it be that day's meeting, a spring OTA session, a camp practice, preseason game or the Super Bowl, the coach's focus always seemed to be in one place only – on the specific task at hand.

"We're just trying to get the quarterback-center exchange down," he would often say during the offseason when asked about potential holes on the roster or other future problems down the road. While it was a way for Belichick to avoid offering any specifics, it also showed his ability to maintain focus on even the most mundane football tasks.

Watching him go about his daily business can be striking at times. With his trademark whistle spinning on his finger, Belichick commands the attention of his team on the field at all times. It's almost mesmerizing to witness if for no other reason than his consistent approach and commitment to remain on top.

There have been many behind the scenes NFL Films documentaries about Belichick showing the coach in his much younger days on the practice field. Aside from the graying of his hair, it would be impossible to distinguish Bill Belichick circa 2005 from the one who just wrapped up his 20th season with yet another division title.

The tone and demeanor are almost always the same, and the message is unwavering. His Patriots have been consistently the most prepared team in football, and watching the Patriots dominate in virtually any and all situations over the years has been striking.

For 20 years we've had front row seats for the greatest dynasty in the history of sports. All the while Bill Belichick has been at the helm, twirling his whistle and preparing his team for any and all possibilities. There has been and will continue to be plenty of speculation on Brady's future, but no such drama exists with the coach.

He appears to be the same guy today that he was back in 2000, when fans were wondering why Kraft would give up draft picks to get him. Only now he's the greatest coach of all time, and the best part is he seems like he has no intention of stopping anytime soon.

https://www.patriots.com/news/lookin...s-of-dominance

Bill Belichick reached out to Kyle Shanahan after Super Bowl LI

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan has acknowledged he’s learned plenty of things about football since his days with the Falcons, when his team blew a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl against the Patriots.

But he also learned something about the character of Patriots coach Bill Belichick.

Via Scott Bair of NBCSportsBayArea.com, Shanahan said Monday night that Belichick called him after that game.

“It was really cool that he reached out to me after the Super Bowl just to talk,” Shanahan said. “I was able to spend some time with him at the [2017] NFL Combine, which I was very appreciative of.

“Any time that guy talks, everyone in the world listens. That was especially true for someone like me who aspired to be a head coach. He has been great. It’s not like we talk a ton or anything, but he’s a humble guy who likes to help people.”

For Shanahan, it was also a bit of a flashback, although he was glad to be able to participate in the conversation.

Belichick met with Shanahan’s father Mike after the Broncos beat his team in the 2005 playoffs, and Kyle was hanging around his dad’s office at the time.

“I got kicked out of the room, and I had to sit and wait,” Shanahan said. “I remember my dad saying how cool that was for him to come over after the game, after the Patriots had lost, just to talk ball with him.”

The relationship rekindled when the Patriots traded quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to the 49ers, and it’s generally acknowledged that the Patriots didn’t hold out for the highest bidder, with Belichick sending his backup to a place he thought he could prosper.

“Having someone like Bill say something like that, for me and what I do in life, if pretty cool,” Shanahan said. “That’s a big a compliment as I could personally have. It feels great. Hopefully that’s true because I’m very glad he felt that way, and I feel very fortunate that we were able to get Jimmy.”

That kind of respect within the coaching fraternity is rare for someone so young, but also indicative of the job Shanahan has done turning the 49ers around so quickly.

Back