In Celebration Of Tom Brady, Bill Belichick & The New England Patriots

We'll always celebrate Tom and Bill. For a long time. And what's driving the media mad, is there was no fall out between the two. They're desperate to find something. Great words from Tom on Howard Stern.

“To have him allowed me to be the best I can be, so I’m grateful for that. I very much believe that he feels the same way about me, because we’ve expressed that to each other.”

“I think he has a lot of loyalty. He and I have had a lot of conversations that nobody has ever been privy to, nor should they be, that so many wrong assumptions were made about our relationship or about how he felt about me,” said Brady.

“I know genuinely how he feels about me. Now I’m not going to respond to every rumour or assumption that’s made, other than what his responsibility as coach is to get the best player for the team – not only in the short-term but in the long-term as well.

“I got to the point where I was an older athlete and he’s starting to plan for the future, which is what his responsibility is. I don’t fault him for that. That’s what he should be doing. Not that I would ever coach, but if I was ever in a position of authority, I would understand that too.”

We'll always celebrate Tom and Bill. For a long time. And what's driving the media mad, is there was no fall out between the two. They're desperate to find something. Great words from Tom on Howard Stern.

Yeah media was banking on Stern getting him to say he hates belichick. lol, they are not happy.

I found the interview very complimentary of not only the Patriots but also of Belichick. Some found the interview of Brady sticking the middle finger up at the fans and the team.

26 years ago today, Willie began his Patriots career as the 4th overall pick, the very 1st pick made under new owner Robert Kraft. A day to remember

EWYl5bKUEAELMAV

26 years ago today, Willie began his Patriots career as the 4th overall pick, the very 1st pick made under new owner Robert Kraft. A day to remember

EWYl5bKUEAELMAV

One year at Bryant college training camp, the players were walking in a line, in a roped-off area, off the field. I fairly yelled out "Willie, I want to see you in the Super Bowl this season!" It got his attention, and he turned toward the yeller (me), and smiled and reacted a bit. I've done that sort of thing a few times in the past, as I'm sure some of you have, and sometimes do get a nice reaction.

Willie was a leader, and a winner. I went to the playoff game vs.the Jaguars in 2005, where Willie McGinnest had 4 1/2 sacks in a 28-3 victory at Gillette. That was his last home game...

Willie left over money, shouldn't we hate him? :coffee:
(Before you all roast me, check my avatar)

What? Nah.
He was pretty well done after 12 years with the Pats when released in 2006.
Romeo wanted him to bring culture to the Browns so he overpaid Willie. I don't blame Willie in the least for taking the Browns' money just as I don't blame TB for taking TB's money.

What? Nah.
Romeo wanted him to bring culture to the Browns so he overpaid Willie. I don't blame Willie in the least for taking the Browns' money just as I don't blame TB for taking TB's money.

hmmm

What? Nah.
Exactly. I never hated him for that. He has been and always will be a Patriot.
I wonder how many of us remember BB not protecting him the the Hou expansion draft? Instead of bitching about it, he became even more integral to the Pats defense.
Seymour would have whined.

Exactly. I never hated him for that. He has been and always will be a Patriot.
I wonder how many of us remember BB not protecting him the the Hou expansion draft? Instead of bitching about it, he became even more integral to the Pats defense.
Seymour would have whined.

The only pats players I have ever even bad mouthed are ones that left and either trashed the team. I felt Welker kinda did that, and that idiot that went to the eagles.

BB's & Tom Brady’s win % Vs:
AFCE: 80%
AFCN: 80%
AFCS: 76%
AFCW: 63%
NFCE: 85%
NFCN: 85%
NFCS: 75%
NFCW: 67%

In Playoffs: 73%
In Super Bowls: 67%

GOATS

I put this here because even guys who leave on bad terms usually come to understand how wise BB is.
I was devastated when Lawyer was cut, and I remember how PISSED he was at BB. I remember BB trying to talk to him when he went to ATL, an even by then, Lawyer wasn't having any of that. He and Ty, I never thought they'd "come back" to BB, but they both did.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ill-belichick-cutting-him-understands-it-now/

Lawyer Milloy was “disgusted” by Bill Belichick cutting him, understands it now
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 19, 2020, 1:15 PM EDT

One of the most pivotal decisions of Bill Belichick’s career was the move to cut safety Lawyer Milloy just five days before the start of the 2003 season. Belichick was widely criticized for the move, especially after Milloy signed with the Bills and Buffalo promptly crushed New England 31-0.

But after that Week One debacle, the Patriots went 14-1 the rest of the way and won the Super Bowl. And even Milloy understands now that Belichick always had solid reasons for his team-building moves.

“But, looking back at it from a business standpoint, obviously you are trying to get the most competitive roster that you can and keep that salary down. I understand that part of it,” Milloy said on WEEI.

Still, Milloy did not appreciate Belichick’s handling of it at the time.

“I was there seven years — and helped really build it from the ground up to ultimately being a champion,” Milloy said. “I think I went to my fourth Pro Bowl in five years and then I was given an ultimatum: either take a pay cut or leave it. . . . Guys get released or have these situations come up all the time, it was just the way he handled it, trying to wait until the Monday before the first game, which really disgusted me.”

Milloy played his best years for Belichick, and it’s not surprising he didn’t want to get cut the way he did. But Belichick has a track record of making the right moves, and that proved to be one of them.

I put this here because even guys who leave on bad terms usually come to understand how wise BB is.
I was devastated when Lawyer was cut, and I remember how PISSED he was at BB. I remember BB trying to talk to him when he went to ATL, an even by then, Lawyer wasn't having any of that. He and Ty, I never thought they'd "come back" to BB, but they both did.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ill-belichick-cutting-him-understands-it-now/

Lawyer Milloy was “disgusted” by Bill Belichick cutting him, understands it now
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 19, 2020, 1:15 PM EDT

One of the most pivotal decisions of Bill Belichick’s career was the move to cut safety Lawyer Milloy just five days before the start of the 2003 season. Belichick was widely criticized for the move, especially after Milloy signed with the Bills and Buffalo promptly crushed New England 31-0.

But after that Week One debacle, the Patriots went 14-1 the rest of the way and won the Super Bowl. And even Milloy understands now that Belichick always had solid reasons for his team-building moves.

“But, looking back at it from a business standpoint, obviously you are trying to get the most competitive roster that you can and keep that salary down. I understand that part of it,” Milloy said on WEEI.

Still, Milloy did not appreciate Belichick’s handling of it at the time.

“I was there seven years — and helped really build it from the ground up to ultimately being a champion,” Milloy said. “I think I went to my fourth Pro Bowl in five years and then I was given an ultimatum: either take a pay cut or leave it. . . . Guys get released or have these situations come up all the time, it was just the way he handled it, trying to wait until the Monday before the first game, which really disgusted me.”

Milloy played his best years for Belichick, and it’s not surprising he didn’t want to get cut the way he did. But Belichick has a track record of making the right moves, and that proved to be one of them.

Milloy was Cut because he wanted a big pay day and Bill saw that he could replace him for cheaper. Thats really what Bill does. If he thinks he can replace you, he will try when the big money comes along. Most of the time, that works out, sometimes it doesnt. Bill does not let guys walk because he is mad at them, if he cannot replace you, you will get paid and players have on this team. Brady at one point had a big contract, Wilfork, Gronk, etc etc. If he cannot find better you will get your money, but if you want huge money and he can get 2 guys to fill your spot for cheaper? Bye. Some of these teams just throwing out huge paydays to guys that are good but not irreplaceable on other teams amazes me. Oh that team is loyal!! Yeah well...rings...

Just think on this for a sec.

TFB has has accomplished more than any other QB in history with a bunch of cast offs, midgets and occasional great ones.

He is the GOAT, no debate about it.

99127074_3166574203410126_2780038618809368576_o.png

The Tom Brady/Bill Belichick Patriots are the greatest dynasty in NFL history, and the numbers prove it

https://www.patspulpit.com/2020/5/2...lichick-patriots-greatest-dynasty-nfl-history

From Football Outsiders

Over the past two decades, we got to watch the greatest dynasty to ever play the game. This is not supposed to be a thing in the modern era. Since modern free agency began in 1993 and the salary cap was put into place in 1994, ultra-long-term dynasties were supposed to be a thing of the past. Good players become too expensive and move on. Tough decisions force great teams to rely on untested rookies. Parity is the name of the game. Fourteen teams on this table started in 1994 or later; only four of them had a run longer than five years. And none, of course, approach the two decades of success that Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have brought to New England.

Bildschirmfoto_2020_05_29_um_11.21.02.png

The rating system is explained in great detail here, but essentially works like this: a team is able to earn dynasty points based on the success it had during a season. Winning a championship and having a win-percentage of above .8125 earns you six points, winning a championship with a lower win-percentage earns you five, losing a championship game with a win-percentage of .8125 or higher gets you four, and so on, down to getting one point for either making the playoffs or missing them with a record of .643 or above.
Add rules about extending or ending dynasties — losing seasons, too many consecutive uneventful playoff appearances etc. — and you get the rankings based on the dynasty points mentioned above and other factors such as longevity and DVOA.

The Tom Brady/Bill Belichick Patriots are the greatest dynasty in NFL history, and the numbers prove it

https://www.patspulpit.com/2020/5/2...lichick-patriots-greatest-dynasty-nfl-history

From Football Outsiders

Over the past two decades, we got to watch the greatest dynasty to ever play the game. This is not supposed to be a thing in the modern era. Since modern free agency began in 1993 and the salary cap was put into place in 1994, ultra-long-term dynasties were supposed to be a thing of the past. Good players become too expensive and move on. Tough decisions force great teams to rely on untested rookies. Parity is the name of the game. Fourteen teams on this table started in 1994 or later; only four of them had a run longer than five years. And none, of course, approach the two decades of success that Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have brought to New England.

Bildschirmfoto_2020_05_29_um_11.21.02.png

The rating system is explained in great detail here, but essentially works like this: a team is able to earn dynasty points based on the success it had during a season. Winning a championship and having a win-percentage of above .8125 earns you six points, winning a championship with a lower win-percentage earns you five, losing a championship game with a win-percentage of .8125 or higher gets you four, and so on, down to getting one point for either making the playoffs or missing them with a record of .643 or above.
Add rules about extending or ending dynasties — losing seasons, too many consecutive uneventful playoff appearances etc. — and you get the rankings based on the dynasty points mentioned above and other factors such as longevity and DVOA.

Things do not really get put into perspective until years later. People are still in hit take mode, but I think years from now, people will look back at this 20 year stretch and the expectations that went along with it, and it will blow away most things in sports. In an era where you are not allowed to be successful long, they did. Its quite amazing and we will never see it again.

Back