IndyStar's Gregg Doyel on BB

I used to read Doyel semi-regularly when he was at CBSsports.com. He was one of their more discerning writers, I thought. (Of course, when Pete Prisco is one of the senior writers on staff, that's not saying much.)

My guess is that his editor told him to write something about the Patriots that would feed into the existing preconceptions of his readership at the Indystar, and that Doyel just went for the low-hanging fruit.

On the other hand, it could be that he's a Ron Borges wannabe. Or maybe he aspires to Kevin Mannix status (Mannix is the source of the "duplicitous pond-scum" smear on BB).

In any case, going from a national site like CBSsports to a small-city rag like the Star indicates that Doyel's career as a journalist is trending down. After writing a piece like that, I can see why that's the case.

I stopped reading here.

Yes, I hate all those Tom Brady commercials. That guy is such a whore, he'll sell himself out to do commercials for anything...

OT a hair. How demeaning and just wrong is the stupid use of Montana in PeyPey's Papa John Empire?
Cheers

If I lived in the states I wouldn't eat at Papa John's for reasons I can only get into in the political forum.

I remember before Papa Johns went corporate it was the best. When I was in school we used to drive out to Pasadena which is like 40 minute drive to go to the Papa Johns there. Dee-lish. And they still gave you free garlic sauce with the pizza. 2 of them.

I remember before Papa Johns went corporate it was the best. When I was in school we used to drive out to Pasadena which is like 40 minute drive to go to the Papa Johns there. Dee-lish. And they still gave you free garlic sauce with the pizza. 2 of them.

Before it went corporate? :huh:

Papa John's started in Jeffersonville, Indiana, so by the time it got to Pasadena, it was way corporate. :shrug:

Meanwhile, I always saw Papa Johns as a free pizza that came with the $15 garlic butter. :shrug:

OT a hair. How demeaning and just wrong is the stupid use of Montana in PeyPey's Papa John Empire?
Cheers

Peyton tells everyone WHY Joe is there.. Hey why is it that Joe ONLY shows up during the Playoffs?? Simple because Peyton doesnt

Cheers

Awful, embarrassing and condescending. They made him look like a demented old man. Why he went along with that mess I'll never know.

So Doyel writes an article before the game, comparing Pagano and BB. Players love Pagano, players fear BB. BUT, both are effective coaches, neither way is "better".

Then after the AFCC game, same guy writes an article enumerating the ways Pagano failed at coaching his team, how he learned nothing from their earlier matchup in the regular season. Colts players said the Pats didn't do anything differently, and had no idea why they did not adjust the game plan.

Pro football is details, preparation and execution. Pagano hangs out, messes around, prays with his players. BB quizzes his players on the details of every gameplan. Players study so they'll know the answers even if they are not the ones quizzed. BB's way is better.

http://nesn.com/2015/02/report-dqwell-jackson-arrested-after-punching-pizza-delivery-driver/

D’Qwell Jackson’s offseason isn’t off to the best start. The Indianapolis Colts linebacker was arrested for assault after he reportedly punched a pizza delivery driver in the head during an argument over a parking spot, according to Jennifer Donelan of ABC 7 News in Washington, D.C. #BREAKING D'Qwell Jackson Colts Linebacker accused of punching pizza delivery worker twice in head in argument over parking spot.

@ABC7News — Jennifer Donelan (@ABC7Jennifer) February 04, 2015 #BREAKING JACKSON WAS ISSUED A CITATION FOR SIMPLE ASSAULT. DRIVER WAS TREATED BY AMBULANCE ON SCENE. DID NOT GO TO HOSPITAL PER SOURCES — Jennifer Donelan (@ABC7Jennifer) February 04, 2015 The 31-year-old delivery drivery told Jackson he was only going to use the parking space “momentarily,” but that set the linebacker off, Donelan reports. Jackson told him to “get the (expletive)” out of the spot and then proceeded to punch him in the face and in the back of the head.

http://nesn.com/2015/02/report-dqwell-jackson-arrested-after-punching-pizza-delivery-driver/

Awful, embarrassing and condescending. They made him look like a demented old man. Why he went along with that mess I'll never know.

That's the exact thought that went through my head the first time I saw it.

Back