Is David Givens playing this year??

Still on the Titans, and is on their PUP list.

what a shame.....I liked him alot....Gaffney reminds me of him...tough guys

Givens had a simple and fun TD dance:

givens.gif

Update on Givens:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071018/SPORTS01/710180353/1027/RSS0201
The Titans are now in the window when receiver David Givens, who is on the physically unable to perform list with a knee injury, could practice before they make a decision on whether to add him to the roster.

As expected, Fisher said Wednesday there are no plans to activate Givens, which means he'll be placed on injured reserve at some point.

"We don't have any intention at this point to activate him, but we have month,'' Fisher said.

Givens is rehabbing his knee injury at the clinic of Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala.

-------------------------------------------

Tennessee not exactly getting a lot for their investment here. Givens got his big signing bonus in the nick of time.

That's too bad. I always liked him, but he's been snake bitten the past couple of years.

<<
but he's been snake bitten the past couple of years.
>>

Hey he took the money. I loved him as a Pat and wish he had stayed but Welker is better anyway and fullfilling the same role Givens did.

One of these days teams will realize that paying big bucks to grab FAs away from the Pats rarely works out. 80-90% of the time they end up injured and either don't play much or never regain the success they had here.

For example David Patten has no Tds since leaving NE

harrisonhits on 10-18-2007 at 08:11 PM said:
<<
but he's been snake bitten the past couple of years.
>>

Hey he took the money. I loved him as a Pat and wish he had stayed but Welker is better anyway and fullfilling the same role Givens did.

One of these days teams will realize that paying big bucks to grab FAs away from the Pats rarely works out. 80-90% of the time they end up injured and either don't play much or never regain the success they had here.

Givens wasn't normally a slot man. He was normally a split end (X or Z, not Y, if I've got my football 101 down.. which I may not).

Brownfan80 on 10-18-2007 at 09:10 PM said:
Givens wasn't normally a slot man. He was normally a split end (X or Z, not Y, if I've got my football 101 down.. which I may not).

You are correct. He played the role that Stallworth is now. We had Branch and Givens split, with Troy in the slot.

shirtsleeve on 10-18-2007 at 09:20 PM said:
We had Branch and Givens split, with Troy in the slot.
Sometimes Givens and Patten/Davis/Dwight split, with Branch in the slot.

That was the gameplan for Superbowl 39: get Branch in the slot, to be covered by one of the Iggles' worthless nickel corners, and let Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown cover guys Brady wasn't throwing to anyway.

<<
He played the role that Stallworth is now
>>

Nope, he plays the same role Givens did which is getting a first down every time he's thrown to or damn close. That guy is telepathically aware of when he's the tiniest bit past the first down marker and how far away it is if he's not over it when he makes the catch.

Back