When are we doing that? I'd love to get Spikes or Hernandez. Or do we normally have to stick we the guy we picked last year (unless he's off the team)?
1. If any member had an Adopt-A-Patriot in previous years, they can keep their Patriot for 2009. They are listed below and still must make a request.
2. If they choose to release their choice, it will be up for grabs and available for anyone.
3. Any member who does a release has the same opportunity for another Patriot, just like anyone else.
4. Although this will be first come, first served, there will be a “weighted” decision if an active member and a casual member ask for the same Patriot.
5. Choices for Adopt-A-Patriot will be made from the training camp roster, coaches, executives, cheerleaders and a few extra.
6. Disputes are not allowed, but if a concern comes about, it will be handled fairly and without prejudice.
7. Only rostered players, coaching staff, cheerleaders and exec staff for 2009 will be adopted. This also includes the Patriot HOF players. (Only exception to the rule is backofthepack's Troy Brown adoption. You all know the story)
8. No more than 2 Planeteers per player and only 1 for everything else.
You may make your request effective immediately and through the Final Cut Deadline of September 5th. No requests will be taken thereafter. There will be, however, a supplemental selection after the final roster cuts in order to accommodate anyone who had a player cut.