Is there a bigger hypocrite/phony than Dungy?

DarrylStingley on 12-31-2007 at 07:20 PM said:
I hate Dungy's guts because I hate hypocrites.

And your little "relax, be happy" sentiment is lame, too.

Tony Dungy owns you...not like Jack Tatum owns you, but close. :4321:

IU_Knightmare on 12-31-2007 at 07:51 PM said:

Ew, not cool man.

You had to go there. :4321:

You POS!

DarrylStingley on 12-31-2007 at 06:20 PM said:
Jaric, the SpyGate thing was overblown from the first minute. People like Parcells, Jimmy Johnson and many others called that right away. They all said that it was common practice and that BB just got caught. Every coach but Class Dungy said zippo.

But your Dungy said this:

"Really, a sad day for the NFL," Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy said after practice Friday. "It's another case of the 99 percent good things that are happening being overshadowed by 1 percent bad. Again, people aren't talking about our product, they're talking about a negative incident."

He should have kept his judgmental mouth shut. He should have known that it was pretty phucking uncool to join into the panty waster brigade and pile onto Belichick. He shouldn't have been a damn opportunist.

As to your comment about being angry, the Pats could win 20 SBs in a row and that wouldn't take away the fact that Mr. Class piled on when BB was down. That's not exactly the Christian thing to do. That's because he's full of crap.

I hate Dungy's guts because I hate hypocrites.

And your little "relax, be happy" sentiment is lame, too.

What did Dungy say that wasn't true?

Dungy apologists:

Do you think it was cool of Dungy to say these things when BB was in the thick of the SpyGate accusations:

- "We seem to have tarnished Barry Bonds," the Colts coach said after practice Friday. "We've pointed out that, even though he's a great player and he's hit a lot of home runs, because of what some people that work around him have done, it seems to have tarnished him in the court of public opinion.

- Whether Belichick's legacy would suffer similar damage, Dungy said, "We'll see."

- "Really, sad day for the NFL," he said. "It's another case of the 99 percent good things that are happening being overshadowed by 1 percent bad. Again, people aren't talking about our product, they're talking about a negative incident."

- About Kraft: "He's going to have to answer questions all the time, from here on out," Dungy said. "When headsets go wrong, he's going to have to answer if it's something that just happened or is this planned. There's bad grass everywhere, but when the grass doesn't grow up there, he's going to be asked about it, and that's too bad."

- "I don't think videotaping is commonplace," he said. "We all got memos. We all know the rules. I've never heard of anybody videotaping anything."

That's from a USA Today article.

I just don't know how any NFL fan could read those comments and conclude anything else that Dungy was being a terrible opportunist.

Note that very few other HCs in the NFL said anything about that. Rod Marinelli had a few less extensive comments. But no one sermonized like that.

It sticks in my craw.

Tell me what I'm missing?

IU_Knightmare on 12-31-2007 at 07:51 PM said:
Honestly, man, I hope you're drunk.

Mods, you've never seen an assclown remark from me, but I really think that joking about Jack Tatum is grounds for immediate ejection.

You deserve to be taken outside and beaten up.

tmack on 12-31-2007 at 07:54 PM said:
What did Dungy say that wasn't true?
The truth of those comments is not the point.

The point is that NFL coaches are supposed to be in a fraternity. You simply do not take shots and sermonize about another coach who is in trouble with the NFL, the media and is taking a beating.

It's Eddie Haskell to do that.

It's opportunistic.

It wasn't done by other NFL coaches.

There were two appropriate responses at that time. Support for Belichick or "no comment."

Piling on was not appropriate because EVERY team, including the Colts, takes some liberties, and Dungy should have realized that "there for the grace of G-d go I."

He should have realized that if he was in the soup, the last thing he would need would be for Belichick to start talking about his legacy and how sad a day it was.

Not being able to see that seems to me like it must be intentional, because it's really obvious, dude.

Patriots4ever* on 12-31-2007 at 07:53 PM said:
Ew, not cool man.

You had to go there. :4321:

You POS!

In 3 plus years I have had a username here, it is the first truly negative post I have ever made. In contrast the book that this mental pygmy has typed in the year he has been consists primarily of either a Patriot Homage or this type of baseless attack on something to do with the Colts.

This type of thread adds nothing to any sort of reasonable discussion and in order to communicate with idiots like him, it is sometimes neccessary to get down in the mud and roll with the pigs. I apologize to any Patriot fan that I may have offended with the exception of poster Darryl Stingley. I hope he contracts crotch rot and his junk falls off...if it hasn't happened already.

DarrylStingley on 12-31-2007 at 07:06 PM said:
The truth of those comments is not the point.

The point is that NFL coaches are supposed to be in a fraternity. You simply do not take shots and sermonize about another coach who is in trouble with the NFL, the media and is taking a beating.

It's Eddie Haskell to do that.

It's opportunistic.

It wasn't done by other NFL coaches.

There were two appropriate responses at that time. Support for Belichick or "no comment."

Piling on was not appropriate because EVERY team, including the Colts, takes some liberties, and Dungy should have realized that "there for the grace of G-d go I."

He should have realized that if he was in the soup, the last thing he would need would be for Belichick to start talking about his legacy and how sad a day it was.

Not being able to see that seems to me like it must be intentional, because it's really obvious, dude.

All that ^^^ is your opinion. I'm glad my head coach doesn't give a rat's ass about what a bunch of Patriots fans' opinions are (no offense intended).

IU_Knightmare on 12-31-2007 at 08:08 PM said:
In 3 plus years I have had a username here, it is the first truly negative post I have ever made. In contrast the book that this mental pygmy has typed in the year he has been consists primarily of either a Patriot Homage or this type of baseless attack on something to do with the Colts.

This type of thread adds nothing to any sort of reasonable discussion and in order to communicate with idiots like him, it is sometimes neccessary to get down in the mud and roll with the pigs. I apologize to any Patriot fan that I may have offended with the exception of poster Darryl Stingley. I hope he contracts crotch rot and his junk falls off...if it hasn't happened already.
So you disagree with my opinions and that excuses giving a high five to Jack Tatum? Should I go on a Holocaust survivor website and say "Hitler owns you" if I disagree wtih a poster? I KNOW that my example is extreme but the point is the same. Don't come into a Patriot website and lay a giant crap on the floor because you don't like my opinions or style, you nitwit.

Nothing I've written in this thread or any other thread is baseless.

Rather than invoknig one of the more painful memories in sports history (never mind Pats history) as a joke, why not deal with my point: That Dungy piling on BB when BB was down was a classless, hypocrite move.

As far as your contention that I'm intellectually inferior, that's rich.
What I am is someone who has strong views and will state them without apology.

tmack on 12-31-2007 at 08:14 PM said:
All that ^^^ is your opinion. I'm glad my head coach doesn't give a rat's ass about what a bunch of Patriots fans' opinion is (no offense intended).

And we certainly don't give a rat's ass what a bunch of other fans' opinion is either, ok?

Funny how everyone is coming out of the woodwork again to give us crap about our team. GFY

tmack on 12-31-2007 at 08:14 PM said:
All that ^^^ is your opinion. I'm glad my head coach doesn't give a rat's ass about what a bunch of Patriots fans' opinion is (no offense intended).
Whether Dungy cares about my opinion or the opinion of any Pats (or Colts fan) is not the point.

The point is that teeing off on another coach in the soup was not cool.

I'm truly surprised that you can't see that.

I could imagine that you might disagree with the extent of my opinion or that you would know so much about Dungy that you could overlook it, but to simply see all those comments and think that it was OK for Dungy to pile onto BB at that time surprises me.

tmack on 12-31-2007 at 08:20 PM said:
How was it a "hypocritical move?"
Because Dungy professes to be a man of religion. He professes to be a man of understanding.

Such a person should see another person in his profession in distress and should not issue a series of comments that makes things worse. He should know that "there for the grace....."

Pretending to be compassionate and empathetic and then sticking the knife in deeper is hypocritical.

this thread expresses what i have felt since the first time i laid eyes on dungy and his half-retarded expression

DarrylStingley on 12-31-2007 at 08:17 PM said:
So you disagree with my opinions and that excuses giving a high five to Jack Tatum? Should I go on a Holocaust survivor website and say "Hitler owns you" if I disagree wtih a poster? I KNOW that my example is extreme but the point is the same. Don't come into a Patriot website and lay a giant crap on the floor because he don't like my opinions or style, you nitwit.

Nothing I've written in this thread or any other thread is baseless.

Rather than invoknig one of the more painful memories in sports history (never mind Pats history) as a joke, why not deal with my point: That Dungy piling on BB when BB was down was a classless, hypocrite move.

As far as your contention that I'm intellectually inferior, that's rich.
What I am is someone who has strong views and will state them without apology.

Nice, so a football player getting paralyzed is on par with 6 million jews being slaughtered in history's most blatant example of genocide...glad to see you have your priorities in order.

And yes, since this thread by it's title is the Pats Planet equivalent of a rest stop shitter, I have every right to drop em a float a biscuit in your direction.

Your point is baseless, and those in this thread who have defended Dungy have illustrated that very well, so they don't need me to reiterate it for them. I prefer to stoop to your level (below in this case) and respond to an incendiary thread title/content with a post equally as baseless, classless and worthless in order to do two things:

1) Illustrate my point that threads like these do nothing to encourage debate, just to incite a pissing match.

2) To piss you off.

Seems I have done my job on both counts. Congratulations on trolling your own Pats message board. Good for you :rolleyes:

SteelheadKilla on 12-31-2007 at 07:18 PM said:
And we certainly don't give a rat's ass what a bunch of other fans' opinion is either, ok?

Funny how everyone is coming out of the woodwork again to give us crap about our team. GFY

This is a thread about Dungy, but it's nice to know your stance on other teams' fans.

That raises other questions, though: do you think BB gives a rat's ass about what anybody else thinks? Isn't that one of the attributes many Pats fans really like about Belichick?

Now here's the part where you say, "Belichick doesn't talk about other teams." Then I say, "the point is the same, neither coach cares about appeasing the fanbase of another team. Kinda like how the Pats ran up the score on teams (something that I personally have no problem with because I understand what BB was trying to teach the team), but nonetheless it WAS running up the score."

Glad we got that out of the way now to save time.

IU_Knightmare on 12-31-2007 at 08:08 PM said:

That does not excuse your comment. There's a right way, and the wrong way of doing things. That Tatum comment was way over the line. You have a problem with DS, you take it up with him, and attack him personally if you feel the need to do so, or through a PM.

Your apology is not accepted, and I would suggest you pull that post, otherwise I will report it to the mods, that is if they haven't seen it yet.

BY1401 did the same thing when he left here, by displaying the image of that horrific scene, now we have another Colt fan referencing it. That really is out of line here.

:::munching popcorn and sitting back in the sofa:::

Back