Is there a bigger hypocrite/phony than Dungy?

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
Who in the WORLD OF SPORTS is a bigger phony than Tony Dungy?

The guy jumped all over Belichick in the wake of SpyGate, he splooged himself when Reid made that hit the other night and basically gets inordinate credit because he's a nice fellow to the media.

I can't think of anyone who strikes my BS detector more. I dislike Manning and A-Rod more, but I think many people see them for what they are.

Derek Jeter is a close second to Dungy. A friend covers baseball for one of the well known NY newspapers and tells me that Jeter is one of the coldest people he's ever met and that he has been a total douche to A-Rod since the beginning (not that A-Rod isn't a self-absorbed, needy dude, according to my friend). But he claims that Jeter is one of the least compassionate people he's ever been around, and he's been around the Yankees for years.

So is it Dungy? Jeter? Who else?

There's something about Dungy I could always see. Just something about him that I think other people weren't getting.

I think he has an illegitimate child, cuz there used to be this guy I worked with that looked like Dungy Jr. And big ears like that just don't happen, they gotta be bred!

I don't really know much about Dungy personally but I am usually VERY suspicious of people who are overly religious and wear their religion "on their sleeve." People who are too ardent in their beliefs are almost always covering up something bad they are doing currently or trying to make up for something bad they did in the past. I don't have a problem at all with people who have faith, but the ones who go out of their way to make a big deal about theirs and shove it in your face are usually, as I have found, untrustworthy.

PS: Glad to see nobody in the media has made any comments about St. Dungy basically throwing that game last night.

MattsPats on 12-31-2007 at 04:52 PM said:

PS: Glad to see nobody in the media has made any comments about St. Dungy basically throwing that game last night.
Honestly, I hate Dungy's guts. I really do.

But I have no problem with how he handled that game. Dungy's only concern should be the Colts. If he felt that the best thing for them was to rest the starters and hand the game to the Titans (or risk doing that), that's exactly what he should have done.

DarrylStingley on 12-31-2007 at 05:04 PM said:
Honestly, I hate Dungy's guts. I really do.

But I have no problem with how he handled that game. Dungy's only concern should be the Colts. If he felt that the best thing for them was to rest the starters and hand the game to the Titans (or risk doing that), that's exactly what he should have done.

Question

Did you hate Dungy when he was with the Buccs ??

Honestly, I could care less about Tony Dungy. The only time I think about him is when the Pats play the Colts.

Benign Despot on 12-31-2007 at 05:13 PM said:
Please stop it.

Please.

I don't care for Dungy's religion or his team but please drop the obsession.

He's a reasonably successful NFL coach. End of story
Sorry, have I offended the PC police again?

We shouldn't ever discuss the character of a Colts player or coach because it might offend someone?

Ridiculous. Really.

If you don't want to talk about this, just don't. But can people just stop with the "this is a taboo conversation" crap?

In answer to Daedge's question, I did not hate him as a Tampa coach because I was relatively unaware of him (besides knowing some basic facts).

And TMAC, I meant to qualify this by saying SPORTS phonies and almost edited my first post. I will now do that.

SamBam39* on 12-31-2007 at 05:16 PM said:
Honestly, I could care less about Tony Dungy. The only time I think about him is when the Pats play the Colts.
I was in about the same place until he shot his mouth off opportunistically about Belichick in the wake of SpyGate.

That's when it became apparent to me that he was a phony. Other stuff since then have added to that impression.

The fact that he's partners with Douche Polian is another factor.

why do so many Patriots fans obsess with what the media is saying, rival team's Qbs, rival teams head coaches, ect. I don't listen to any of the so called "experts" during the week. I just enjoy the games on Sunday. I find that too many fans feel the need to want everyone else to like their team...who cares? Enjoy the games, that's all that matters.

player on 12-31-2007 at 05:22 PM said:
why do so many Patriots fans obsess with what the media is saying, rival team's Qbs, rival teams head coaches, ect. I don't listen to any of the so called "experts" during the week. I just enjoy the games on Sunday. I find that too many fans feel the need to want everyone else to like their team...who cares? Enjoy the games, that's all that matters.
Au contraire, I like that the Pats are the heavies. No, I love it. It's a lot of fun being the team that everyone wants to see lose. I loved that NFL Network commercial with the guy saying he wanted the Giants to win.

I'm just bothered by the fact that the media is so bamboozled by Tony Dungy when I have no doubt that the guy is one of the bigger phonies in sports.

He's hiding something......like a basement filled with bodies....

MattsPats on 12-31-2007 at 01:52 PM said:
I don't really know much about Dungy personally but I am usually VERY suspicious of people who are overly religious and wear their religion "on their sleeve." People who are too ardent in their beliefs are almost always covering up something bad they are doing currently or trying to make up for something bad they did in the past.

I agree with this. Even thought religion is a big part of my life, I don't walk around stuck up like I do no wrong. Those people kill me.

DarrylStingley on 12-31-2007 at 04:18 PM said:

And tmack, I meant to qualify this by saying SPORTS phonies and almost edited my first post. I will now do that.

Al Gore was the third string guard for the 1965-1966 Harvard Freshman Basketball team.

Tony Dungy is a Class guy. If you do not know anything about Class them I understand why you see him as otherwise.

You Patriot Fans think the everbody is against you.

Stop paying off the Refs and Cheating then maybe they will lay off.

phin4ever on 12-31-2007 at 05:50 PM said:
Tony Dungy is a Class guy. If you do not know anything about Class them I understand why you see him as otherwise.

You're every bit as stupid as I thought. We're getting tired of your act.

You never have a good rebuttal. Just the traditional name calling because you know I am right.

phin4ever on 12-31-2007 at 05:50 PM said:

I am pretty certain that this is D22 just under a new screename he made up so he could post on the main forum for some reason...

Oh, and I don't really have a big problem with Tony Dungy. I just don't care about him enough for that.

It's strange to me how angry some of you are, considering that your team just went 16-0 and your QB and WR just broke probably the most prestigous single season record in the NFL

What the **** are you all so mad about?

Back