Is there a bigger hypocrite/phony than Dungy?

DarrylStingley on 01-10-2008 at 11:04 AM said:
I saw Dungy in a news conference last night on NFL Network and tried to look at him as a genuine, nice person who just went a little too far with his "dark day" blather. I couldn't. He can't suffer enough for my tastes.

wierd....

JohnAdams on 01-12-2008 at 02:56 PM said:
wierd....
Yeah. Really crazy that a Pats fan HATES Tony Dungy.

Just how do you explain that?

How could you hate such a dashing guy?

300h.jpg

Such mirth, such happiness.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Dark Day.

DarrylStingley on 01-13-2008 at 12:12 AM said:
Yeah. Really crazy that a Pats fan HATES Tony Dungy.

Just how do you explain that?

Sounds like you're admitting that you hate Tony Dungy because he's the coach of the Colts and not for all the other reasons you tried to say.

Thanks for admitting you were wrong, DS. It takes a real man to do that in a public forum like this. :thumb:

I'm about done with Dungy as well. His playoff record sucks balls and with the talent we have we should be winning more.

tmack on 01-14-2008 at 03:19 PM said:
Sounds like you're admitting that you hate Tony Dungy because he's the coach of the Colts and not for all the other reasons you tried to say.

Thanks for admitting you were wrong, DS. It takes a real man to do that in a public forum like this. :thumb:

I'm about done with Dungy as well. His playoff record sucks balls and with the talent we have we should be winning more.
I'm glad you've admitted you were wrong about him.

As for me, it's not because he's the HC of the coach.

I've got no problem with Joseph Addai, the RB of the Colts. No problem with Reggie Wayne, the best WR on the Colts.

My comment was essentially the following: "Big surprise that a Pats fan would hate the sermonizing HC of the Colts, the man who intoned about it being a Dark Day for the NLF, when he should of kept his mouth shut or acnknolwedged that sports espionage in the form of sign stealing is as old as the hills."

I just can't blow that out every time.

But nice try and it's nice to see you've come around on Dungy. :thumb:

babalu87* on 01-18-2008 at 07:20 AM said:
Consensual horseplay?
I just hope it wasn't with "Blue" the almost gheyest mascot ever (just behind...er um... nvm... steeley mcbeam)

That would just be wrong.

jaric on 01-22-2008 at 05:21 PM said:
I just hope it wasn't with "Blue" the almost gheyest mascot ever (just behind...er um... nvm... steeley mcbeam)

That would just be wrong.
What's the Colts mascot?

A dark cloud?

DarrylStingley on 12-31-2007 at 04:32 PM said:
Who in the WORLD OF SPORTS is a bigger phony than Tony Dungy?

The guy jumped all over Belichick in the wake of SpyGate, he splooged himself when Reid made that hit the other night and basically gets inordinate credit because he's a nice fellow to the media.

I can't think of anyone who strikes my BS detector more. I dislike Manning and A-Rod more, but I think many people see them for what they are.

Derek Jeter is a close second to Dungy. A friend covers baseball for one of the well known NY newspapers and tells me that Jeter is one of the coldest people he's ever met and that he has been a total douche to A-Rod since the beginning (not that A-Rod isn't a self-absorbed, needy dude, according to my friend). But he claims that Jeter is one of the least compassionate people he's ever been around, and he's been around the Yankees for years.

So is it Dungy? Jeter? Who else?

Herm Edwards.

That guy is another camera whore. At least when he coached the jests. Never had any problem throwing coaches and players under the bus.

Didn't he coach with Dungy @ Tampa?

Re: Re: Is there a bigger hypocrite/phony than Dungy?

Spentcartridge on 01-23-2008 at 03:11 PM said:
Herm Edwards.

That guy is another camera whore. At least when he coached the jests. Never had any problem throwing coaches and players under the bus.

Didn't he coach with Dungy @ Tampa?

I dont have a problem with any coach calling a player out and trucking them under a bus.

Re: Re: Re: Is there a bigger hypocrite/phony than Dungy?

LVent* on 01-23-2008 at 03:14 PM said:
I dont have a problem with any coach calling a player out and trucking them under a bus.

With the Jets, Edwards had the propensity to do the throwing, standing @ a mic.
The critical answers to questions tossed his way, were frequently laced with names.
If you need to discipline someone, please do so privately. ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is there a bigger hypocrite/phony than Dungy?

Spentcartridge on 01-23-2008 at 03:20 PM said:
With the Jets, Edwards had the propensity to do the throwing, standing @ a mic.
The critical answers to questions tossed his way, were frequently laced with names.
If you need to discipline someone, please do so privately. ;)
Again I say I dont have a problem with it, because the coach isnt out there making the throw to the receiver that goes right into the defender's hands, or the linebacker not wrapping up his tackle...people need to be held accountable is all I am saying. If you want to continue you to praise them when they do something right.

Herm is indeed a major phony. He is also the worst clock manager I have ever seen.

Back