Israel

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a nice light topic to discuss. ;)

What do you believe is the solution is Israel? IS there a solution that would make everyone at least happy enough to stop the violence?

I will say here up front that I am not very educated on the topic. It's why I wanted to post it to see if I could gain any insight from any of you bright fellows on this. :)

dchester

Snoop Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Undertaker #59 said:

What do you believe is the solution is Israel? IS there a solution that would make everyone at least happy enough to stop the violence?

I will say here up front that I am not very educated on the topic. It's why I wanted to post it to see if I could gain any insight from any of you bright fellows on this. :)
There doesn't appear to be a compromise to each side's position. Israel wants to stay in the Middle East, and the Arabs want them out. Short of moving the Israelis to Wyoming, I can't see how we get peace anytime soon.

I actually think that the wall Israel is building could have been helpful, if they hadn't used it to do another land grab at the same time. One thing that might be helpful would be the creation of a sepaerate Palestinian state. Unfortunately, nothing positive is going to happen until the Palestinians find a much better leader than Arafat.
________
roor bong

#1Patsfan_chica

Rodney Harrison Fan Club
Reaction score
What they should do is cut the country in half. Have the people from Israel live in the north and the Palestinians live in the south.
If people can just have a normal and civilized chat then maybe some stuff can get done.

Flagg the Wanderer

Sonic sez: Clawk Moar Ringz!
Reaction score
#1Patsfan_chica said:
What they should do is cut the country in half. Have the people from Israel live in the north and the Palestinians live in the south.
If people can just have a normal and civilized chat then maybe some stuff can get done.
What would that solve? The Jerusalem issue would still be touchy at best.
Then there's the fact that the Arafat seems to want to keep his people oppressed so that he can retain power.

Why, though, would Israel agree to have their country split in half? Let's say, for example, Cubans in Florida turned violent. At some point, you'd be willing to say: "Hell, let's give them from Jacksonville on south." Somehow I doubt it.

Here's the thing. This is a map of the middle east:
middle_east_map.gif

Notice how small Israel is compared with the Arabic nations. Do you really think that this area is too much for the Israeli's to ask for? Think they're greedy?

OP
Undertaker #59*

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem as I understand it is so much of Israel is viewed as holy land by Jews, Muslims, AND Christians. I don't see how there could be ANY solution where one religious group was not angry over their access and control.

HOF

Reaction score
Undertaker #59 said:

Israel is, in my opinion, Yahweh's "chosen country" and al' that hapens to Israel will be "dictated" by Bible prophecy!

patsRmyboys

Fun in the Florida sun
Reaction score
You are an idiot...stop using quotation marks around everything and crack an English book and learn how to spell. My father came here from Portugal when he was 15 and he can spell and, more than likely, speak a whole lot better than you.

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
Re: Re: Israel

HOF said:
Israel is, in my opinion, Yahweh's "chosen country" and al' that hapens to Israel will be "dictated" by Bible prophecy!

:LOL: ROFL

HOF

Reaction score
patsRmyboys said:
You are an idiot...stop using quotation marks around everything and crack an English book and learn how to spell. My father came here from Portugal when he was 15 and he can spell and, more than likely, speak a whole lot better than you.

Maybe!

patsRmyboys

Fun in the Florida sun
Reaction score
No maybe about it you ham and egger...Go back to the buffalo range. Aren't the Fags, I mean Bills about to play the Jets? Off with you then...

HOF

Reaction score
patsRmyboys said:
No maybe about it you ham and egger...Go back to the buffalo range. Aren't the Fags, I mean Bills about to play the Jets? Off with you then...

Ham and egger? I'm into health food! I do eat the "antobiotic free" eggs thou, on occasion!

HOF

Reaction score
patsRmyboys said:

I will be there at 4PM! With the the radio on! I'm hoping for an historic game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patsRmyboys

Fun in the Florida sun
Reaction score
that's A historic game...you only use AN when the next word begins with a vowel...such as...You're AN A$$...and here's an example of when to use A...You're A Beeotch...see how that works?

HOF

Reaction score
Maybe I'll check into it! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Annihilus

Zen Powered by Death Buddhists
Reaction score
patsRmyboys said:
that's A historic game...you only use AN when the next word begins with a vowel...such as...You're AN A$$...and here's an example of when to use A...You're A Beeotch...see how that works?

You had to bring up grammar, didn't you?

'An' is not just used when the next word begins with a vowel.

The excerpts below are taken from Using the Articles “A” and “An” on Get It Write Online's pages.

One subscriber wrote to ask about the proper use of the articles a and an. Like many of us, he thought he had been taught simply to put a in front of consonants and an in front of vowels. Rather than looking at the actual letter with which a noun begins, however, we should consider the sound we hear at the beginning of it.

Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary (10th edition) points out that often when a word starting with the letter h begins with an unstressed or weakly stressed syllable, writers tend to use an when speaking. Many people would say, for example, “an historian” rather than “a historian.” The Chicago Manual of Style, however, ignores the issue of stressed syllables and advocates the use of a since the word historian (as well as similar words, like historical) starts with the consonant sound “h.” We would never say “an hysterectomy” or “an horse.” If a word starts with a silent letter, as in the words "herb" and "heir," we hear the vowel sound and should use "an."

HOF

Reaction score
Annihilus said:
You had to bring up grammar, didn't you?

'An' is not just used when the next word begins with a vowel.

The excerpts below are taken from Using the Articles “A” and “An” on Get It Write Online's pages.

One subscriber wrote to ask about the proper use of the articles a and an. Like many of us, he thought he had been taught simply to put a in front of consonants and an in front of vowels. Rather than looking at the actual letter with which a noun begins, however, we should consider the sound we hear at the beginning of it.

Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary (10th edition) points out that often when a word starting with the letter h begins with an unstressed or weakly stressed syllable, writers tend to use an when speaking. Many people would say, for example, “an historian” rather than “a historian.” The Chicago Manual of Style, however, ignores the issue of stressed syllables and advocates the use of a since the word historian (as well as similar words, like historical) starts with the consonant sound “h.” We would never say “an hysterectomy” or “an horse.” If a word starts with a silent letter, as in the words "herb" and "heir," we hear the vowel sound and should use "an."

Did I use it right? I am reading this quickly as I have to go! I liked Office Space!

Annihilus

Reaction score
HOF said:
Did I use it right? I am reading this quickly as I have to go! I liked Office Space!

It depends upon how you 'say' the word historic. Phonetic examples:

Example 1
An istoric game (the 'h' is basically silent in this pronounciation).

Example 2
A historic game (h is pronounced like the h in 'hank').

The difference is subtle, but there is a difference in the two pronounciations. Therefore it would seem to me that in the form that the sentence appears on this board, either one would be correct. So I guess that means that you're ok using it the way that you did. ;)

It's kind of like words that are acceptable with two different spellings such as gray or grey.

HOF

Reaction score
Annihilus said:
It depends upon how you 'say' the word historic. Phonetic examples:

Example 1
An istoric game (the 'h' is basically silent in this pronounciation).

Example 2
A historic game (h is pronounced like the h in 'hank').

The difference is subtle, but there is a difference in the two pronounciations. Therefore it would seem to me that in the form that the sentence appears on this board, either one would be correct. So I guess that means that you're ok using it the way that you did. ;)

It's kind of like words that are acceptable with two different spellings such as gray or grey.

Thanks very much! I wasn't expecting this sort of enlightment on this board! My gut feeling was that it was correct, however, that poster is intent on "challenging" everything i say and I want to set a good example ( and represent the "yahoos" and "Billy Bobs" well ) by being a bit humble and "correctable"!!

You're a Patriots fan?????????????

Annihilus

Reaction score
HOF said:
Thanks very much! I wasn't expecting this sort of enlightment on this board! My gut feeling was that it was correct, however, that poster is intent on "challenging" everything i say and I want to set a good example ( and represent the "yahoos" and "Billy Bobs" well ) by being a bit humble and "correctable"!!

You're a Patriots fan?????????????

Yeah, I'm a Pats fan - but I don't take sides over grammar. I would suggest you watch your use of so many exclamation points though.

:D