?It?s just a jersey?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
‘It’s just a jersey’

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ady-jersey-search-houston-police-chief-020817

Much has been made about the missing Super Bowl LI jersey of Tom Brady. He still has no idea where it is, and there are several teams on the case. The lieutenant governor enlisted the Texas Rangers to search for the missing jersey in addition to the Houston Police Department, proving just how high of a priority this is.

Or maybe it’s not.

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo, who was in charge of overseeing Super Bowl LI, commented on the situation Tuesday, saying it’s not exactly concern No. 1 in the Houston PD.

“It might be the highest priority for [the] lieutenant governor, I can tell you we had three homicides the night of the Super Bowl in the city of Houston, and we’d like to find it, but I don’t think we’re burning the midnight oil worrying about a jersey.” Acevedo said. “It’s just not the biggest, greatest importance in the big scheme of things.”

That’s certainly fair. Brady and the Patriots obviously want to find the jersey, but it shouldn’t jeopardize the safety of others by prioritizing it over other crimes in the area.

He told his staff the same thing.

“I told those guys, ‘Hey guys, we’ll give it a run, but let’s keep things in perspective, it’s a jersey,’” Acevedo said.

Acevedo did point out that the police department doesn’t monitor the locker room, or handle any security measures inside the confines of it. That falls on the NFL, Acevedo said, which recuses them from any possible lapses in security.

How much is that jersey worth?

Heard this morning that the shirt has an estimated $500K value.

Also heard that there's now a suspicion that it may be packed away on the equipment truck, but they haven't unpacked it yet.

Murders are more important than thefts. However, theft of an item worth perhaps a quarter million is important as well. Who knows what it would eventually be worth?

I don't expect the Houston State Police to pull guys from the homicide investigation team to go looking for a shirt. I would expect, as the victim of a substantial theft, that the cops would investigate thoroughly.

Kinda funny if it's been on the truck the whole time. Who's the moron that didn't tell Brady that he grabbed it and threw it in a box?

Due to the utter failure of NFL security to protect the property of one of its most decorated members, the NFL should pay reparation to Tom Brady for $500,000, and to the Patriot organization for $500,000.

It is more probable than not that Roger Goodell had previous knowledge of the ineptitude of the NFL security staff, as proven by his repeated failure to attend games in Gillette Stadium.

Roger Goodell should offer a public apology to both Brady and the Patriots' organization, because, integrity.

Brady said he put it inside a personal bag. I don't think Pats personnel would take it upon themselves to open his personal stuff to remove a jersey without asking first.

Heard this morning that the shirt has an estimated $500K value.

Also heard that there's now a suspicion that it may be packed away on the equipment truck, but they haven't unpacked it yet.

Seems doubtful I think.

It would seem to mean that someone intentionally secured it. That person would surely know that everyone's trying to find it.

Unless it's Lori. She moves things, picks stuff up. throws stuff out etc. in some kind of catatonic state. Always denying emphatically "I never touched that."

Due to the utter failure of NFL security to protect the property of one of its most decorated members, the NFL should pay reparation to Tom Brady for $500,000, and to the Patriot organization for $500,000.

It is more probable than not that Roger Goodell had previous knowledge of the ineptitude of the NFL security staff, as proven by his repeated failure to attend games in Gillette Stadium.

Roger Goodell should offer a public apology to both Brady and the Patriots' organization, because, integrity.

And give them a 1st round draft pick in 2017, and a 4th round draft pick in 2018. :coffee:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We found Brady's jersey. Here is today's <a href="https://twitter.com/LJcartoons">@LJcartoons</a>: <a href="https://t.co/j4bhZ4hYrJ">pic.twitter.com/j4bhZ4hYrJ</a></p>— WEEI (@WEEI) <a href="https://twitter.com/WEEI/status/829682088211259393">February 9, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seems doubtful I think.

It would seem to mean that someone intentionally secured it. That person would surely know that everyone's trying to find it.

Unless it's Lori. She moves things, picks stuff up. throws stuff out etc. in some kind of catatonic state. Always denying emphatically "I never touched that."
So , you are saying that Lori may have taken it?

So , you are saying that Lori may have taken it?

Well I think I can rule her out since she was with me at a friends home in Amesbury. I don't think she had time to sneak off unnoticed to Houston and back. But knowing Lori....

Cheers :)

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ady-jersey-search-houston-police-chief-020817

Much has been made about the missing Super Bowl LI jersey of Tom Brady. He still has no idea where it is, and there are several teams on the case. The lieutenant governor enlisted the Texas Rangers to search for the missing jersey in addition to the Houston Police Department, proving just how high of a priority this is.

Or maybe it’s not.

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo, who was in charge of overseeing Super Bowl LI, commented on the situation Tuesday, saying it’s not exactly concern No. 1 in the Houston PD.

“It might be the highest priority for [the] lieutenant governor, I can tell you we had three homicides the night of the Super Bowl in the city of Houston, and we’d like to find it, but I don’t think we’re burning the midnight oil worrying about a jersey.” Acevedo said. “It’s just not the biggest, greatest importance in the big scheme of things.”

That’s certainly fair. Brady and the Patriots obviously want to find the jersey, but it shouldn’t jeopardize the safety of others by prioritizing it over other crimes in the area.

He told his staff the same thing.

“I told those guys, ‘Hey guys, we’ll give it a run, but let’s keep things in perspective, it’s a jersey,’” Acevedo said.

Acevedo did point out that the police department doesn’t monitor the locker room, or handle any security measures inside the confines of it. That falls on the NFL, Acevedo said, which recuses them from any possible lapses in security.

Obviously the intent of the reporters was to divert the Homicide detectives from the Houston PD to conduct an all out search for the jersey. Chief, Do you think your team of thousands might be able to do both concurrently?

Personally I feel like this story is being over reported as click bait-not an uncommon occurrence lately.

This statement is an example of a giant ego feeling like he is above the idiots who are asking him the questions. Hmmm. He might have just said, "we're on to the homicides......"

putin_1796716c.jpg

Back