Jabril peppers signs a 1yr Deal with Pats

Beat me to it.

Solid signing. Good physical, in-the-box safety. At best he could become a Pat Chung type of player, but of course needs to buy in and be fully recovered from that ACL tear.

Now this could be very interesting. This guy was the number one rates pick in the draft according to many media outlets at the time.

Another guy who could be making a big impact by season's end. I like it.

Keeps BB from drafting some S in the 2nd rnd we never heard of.

2 teams quit on him bc of injuries. He tore is ACL in late Oct. so he should be ready for light work by TC.
He's a solid SS and in our system he'll flourish the same way Duggar and Phillips have.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_Patriots/status/1508859577659531271

So how would we play him?

McCourty and Philips would play the vast majority of snaps.
Then what? When would Dugger and Pepper play, just to sub Philips? Dugger has played better, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1. I like him for what he is. Physical box safety. 90 tackles before he tore his ACL.
2. They already have a Strong Safety logjam with Phillips and Dugger who are both good players. Neither Phillips or Dugger are free safeties. We now have 3 SS type players.
3. So where does Peppers play ?? Is he actually going to be an OLB or a nickel LB on the Patriots? Peppers is only 216 pounds so a bit light for an OLB.
4. Pats still need a young FS. The Pats need a FS replacement for McCourty and this signing does not address that.
5. There is a massive need at both NT and CB1. These tiny LBs will get wrecked without a massive bonafide fat guy Nose Tackle (NT). And CB1 still a huge need (off topic)

Last edited:
My son just suggested more safeties and less linebackers might be a solution to the speed problems we faced last year.

Problem is their run defense was horrifically bad last season. So if you go even lighter at LB, they really need to beef up the DLine with big fat guys. Godchaux sucks. Need a Ted Washington type, who cares if they can't pass rush. Need a mammoth nose tackle or these tiny LBs will get wrecked.

He played well for the Giants. So well they picked up his 5th year option. Unfortunately his ACL tear at the end of Oct put him on IR for year. If not for that I'm certain
the Giants would have offered him a 2nd contract.

I like this signing...he played Box S, EDGE S, FS, SlotCB, Wide CB in 2021.
Lazar likes it, too

Back